1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Site problem?

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback & Suggestions' started by Half Empty, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    For a while now, the site has been very slow for me. I click on a thread and wait, and wait before it loads. Also, when backing out of a thread, the first click gets me only to the page on which I started. I finally was able to catch some of the sites flashing by (waiting for, transferring data from, etc.), and the biggest culprit seems to be vindicosuite.com, with a couple of different prefixes. A quick search indicates it's something on your end, not the end user. If nobody else seems to have developed a problem, maybe it is just me, but it certainly seems like that program has given fits to others. Just wanted to get my very un-techie $.02 in.

2. Poppa San

Poppa San Levelheaded Staff Member Super Moderator Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    The flip back to the entry into the thread seems to be a Firefox problem. Chrome doesn't do it. My last three Mozilla browsers the past 4-6 months have done it. On Ubuntu and Windows 10.

3. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Aha. I'll give it a shot with another browser. At least that might explain the one problem. Thanks.

4. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Looks like all the problems are due to Firefox, not the site. Tried Microsoft Edge, and all was fine. Just figured that, since everything started at the same time and only on this forum, it was here. Thanks for the heads-up.

5. Poppa San

Poppa San Levelheaded Staff Member Super Moderator Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    Seems to me my problems began when @robdog did some fiddling with the site last summer. Another thread I mentioned it.

6. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Packer Fan Since:
    Was on vacation this last week, but I'll dig into this issue and see if I can figure something out.

7. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Wondering if anyone else is noticing when they have "alerts" (new thread posts) scrolling over your ID name (upper right screen) does not show the list of new postings like it used to? I loved that feature and can still get there, but I have to click on "alerts" and a page is brought up of all the new posts of threads I am monitoring.