Sit Brett's **** down

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At some point, all you Favre-lovers are going to have to realize that Turkey-Boy thinks he can do it all. He could when he had an all-star cast around him.

He leads the league in interceptions. What team can overcome that?

I know, Mike Sherman is the reason for all the losses, he's the reason for sexually transmitted diseases, the high price of gas, cold weather, bad crops, and Wisconsin having an abundance of obese men and women.

But at some point the offensive line has to take it's share of the blame(what happened in one year?) and Turkey-Boy's show-off tactics have to held accountable.

You can now start the long line of excuses for our $10 million dollar interception thrower...and then stop and realize you are doing what you accuse Sherman-backers of doing.

Have a nice day. :-?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turkey Boy? Net...pretty sad. There is fault all around and, yes, part of it is on Favre. But, let's talk about his devolution under the coaching of Mike Sherman and Darrell Bevell. Bevell will be a great coach someday, possibly HC material, but is he the right guy to coach Favre at this point of his career? The point is, it is not time to sit Favre down, it is time to rein in his bad tendencies...which he has ALWAYS possessed, but were previously controlled better.

Now, as far as "doing it all himself". Please, net, tell us all...who besides him WILL do it. Andre Thurman? Antonio Chatman? Lucas? Gado? Fisher? Whitticker? Klemm? Najeh? Leach? Are you missing the point, net? BRETT IS ALL THAT IS LEFT RIGHT NOW. Who else is going to make this team run? None ofthe players surrounding him. But that being sadi, Sherman STILL has not used what little talent he has left on offense as well as he could/should. See my previous comments on the forgotten TEs.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Sit Brett's **** down" ? Yours may have been sat down while you typed this out and watched the game but " turkey boy Brett" will be standing in that huddle for awhile yet so you might consider some respect for the man.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Net...

(I'm going to treat you like a flaming troll until you can prove to me and the forum that you are...indeed....a true Packer fan!)

The point is net..that everyone is beginning to see..and what apparently is making you so pissy...is that SherRossley is a terrible coach...and the Packer's have de-volved into a one dimensional team who's only playmakers seem to be Favre and Driver.

Now if you had some coaches with an ounce of brains...they would figure out how to add some more packages and plays to use the other receivers that they have to run more West Coast offense type patterns....instead of telling them to go deep and beat their man.....most of them are running poor routes anyway....

If SherRossley wasn't using the same limited number of damn plays game in and game out....year after year...I might say that he had something on the ball....but alas..it is not so...

I seem to remember when Mike Holmgren was HC of the GB Packers...they had a multitude of receiver sets and pass options and runs off of pass options, and vice-versa...so that you never really knew what play was coming.....

SherRossley on the other hand...will call the same damn plays so that even my grandmother knows what they are going to run before they run it...Now.... they are NOT the Lombardi Packers...who could get away with this...and the coaches may like smacking their heads against a brick wall play after play....

But don't expect the fans to sit still for such ugliness and not comment on it...

nope..ain't gonna happen...

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, birdbrain. Sherman and Rossley have proven their worth in the past. Your hero worship is repulsively funny.

Sorry you can't see it. I'm sure you'd love to see Brett throw 5 interceptions a game...and you'd say...'see he threw two touchdowns'.

Football 101. Turnovers are bad. .

You are among the long line of modern Packers fans who think they are entitled to a winning season every year. Sorry, entitlements are checked at the door. Tennessee purged their salary cap and it's taken them 3 years to be competitive again. Yet in a recent poll, their fan base still thinks Jeff Fisher is the right coach. Smart people, those Tennesseans.

Mike Sherman was just so-so as a General Manager/Personnel. While people like you foam at the mouth about failures(all teams make them) you consistently fail to point out the successes.

I saw my first Packer game at age 6....1960 championship game on TV.
I attended every Packer home game from 1978-1985.

You are the troll. I questioned your loyalty because of your stupid fetish with Mike Sherman and your deep desire to see the Packers lose so Sherman would be fired.

Have a nice day.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
"Sit Brett's **** down" ? Yours may have been sat down while you typed this out and watched the game but " turkey boy Brett" will be standing in that huddle for awhile yet so you might consider some respect for the man.

That's "turkie boy Brett"

dren23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats his consectutive game streak? Isn't it like 212 games? How many years did he dominate the league? I'm sorry but some of you packer fans are spoiled. Hey Miskito and Phil, Orton's started 10 games in a row. Who was the last bear QB to start 10 games in a row, and when was it? I've been a bear fan for 27 years and I don't know the answer. So the pack have a bad year. Now that's something I know about. Unfortunately its more like a bad decade. Why are you so quick to turn on Favre? I think he's earned the right to decide when its time for him to retire\sit the bench. The bear fan in me hates favre, but the football fan in me respects him more than any other NFL player I've seen play in the last 5 years. I'd think all packer fans would feel the same.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly, dren...some of these Packers fans do not see what the football world does....Favre is the ONLY thing keeping this team remotely competitive in games this year. And yes, they are spoiled...we all are to some extent, but some of us realize where the PRIMARY fault lies.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
At some point, all you Favre-lovers are going to have to realize that Turkey-Boy thinks he can do it all. He could when he had an all-star cast around him.

I know, Mike Sherman is the reason for all the losses, he's the reason for sexually transmitted diseases, the high price of gas, cold weather, bad crops, and Wisconsin having an abundance of obese men and women.

But at some point the offensive line has to take it's share of the blame(what happened in one year?) and Turkey-Boy's show-off tactics have to held accountable.

You can now start the long line of excuses for our $10 million dollar interception thrower...and then stop and realize you are doing what you accuse Sherman-backers of doing.

i didn't even want to dignify your thread with a response but i had to tell you one thing, net...that is the most hysterical thing i've ever heard & thanks for the laugh!!! :sucks: :bs:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sums it up pretty well illyjules! Some people just cannot get over the Sherman/Rossley stat monster to realize they truly suck when it matters.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Big difference between Fisher and SherRossley net...

FISHER'S A VERY GOOD COACH (he's had them competitive for years and to the Superbowl..)..SHERROSLEY IS NOT....! Plain and simple...

IT's a matter of QUALITY....

(I can name a bunch of HC's that are better than SherRossley..hell..almost all of them in the nfl right now are!)

I can think of nothing more depressing then to have Brett Favre retire, and have SHERROSSLEY around for 5 more years ******** up the Pack and Aaron Rodgers...

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
It repulses me when supposed Packer fans call for the benching of Brett Favre. Do you remember any of what this man has done for our organization, the city of Green Bay, and the NFL in general?

Disregard the fact that along with others on this forum, I believe Brett is the only reason we are still remotely competitive. His performance makes no difference to me. He will be and should be our starting QB until he says he can't do it anymore.

It's a shame that we have Bears and Vikings fans on this site that have more respect for Favre than net.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has always had problems throwing interceptions, and he always will. But it wasn't Favre's interceptions that lost the game last night! It was the pathetic why our offense sat on a 1 TD lead in the 3rd quarter while allowing Minny to gain momentum!!

Even after Minny started controlling the game, GB had a great chance to win it on the final drive. Favre through a great pass to Thurman -- another great bullet right in the WR hands. Thurman dropped the perfect pass and we had to settle for Longwell's long FG while leaving plenty of time on the clock. We were tied at the point, poised for OT, but our defense allowed Minny to gain big chunks of yards all the way down the field to make it an easy win for Minny in the end.

Now I ask you, did Favre drop that perfect pass? Did Brett not jam the WR which set-up the final FG? Did Brett screw up the blocking so that our running game was non-existent?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Bobby...usually Mike Sherman "offensive genius" requires a 14 point lead to justify coast mode. Guess he is cutting back now!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:

how about sitting sherman and rossley down instead.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby: I agree with almost everything you write, but you missed the boat on the Thurman play. As I recall, he did not "drop" the pass. A defender got his hand in there to prevent him from catching it.

Also, I don't think the team was sitting on that seven-point lead, but rather, they were simply unable to run the ball because of the pathetic blocking by the offensive line. When you can't run the ball, you can't expect to hold a lead.

net: Last week you were insulting Ahman Green, and this week it's Favre. Everyone is entitled to their opinions about the performance of certain players, but I don't understand the nastiness here. And while Favre does deserve criticism for throwing so many interceptions, I don't see what "show-off tactics" have to do with it. The first one last night looked like a bad throw (or maybe a miscommunication with the receiver), and the second one looked like a bad read.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net said all of the following stupid statements, and I am going to express my opinion on them, because this is America.

True, that is one of the things I (and most people) love about favre. Did you happen to see that pass to driver for TD #1? Thank you. Also, I agree about playing like he has an all star cast, but sherman coaches like he has an all star cast. We have a suspect offensive line with a rookie guard,etc...but sherman ran multiple plays with no extra blockers for favre. You could get away with that last year when we had pro bowl guards (who we lost to free agency, since you obviously haven't been paying attention), but not now. So that goes both ways, Netty.

He also leads the league(edit:2nd in league) in pass attempts because Sherman abandons the run game if it doesnt score us a touchdown on the first drive. what Quarterback could overcome that?

K, well that was just dumb...moving on.

What happened in one year? Obviously you don't pay attention, and that tickles the **** out of me that you could go on such a long rant and be so stupid to not know this. We lost 2 pro bowl guards in the offseason. But what happened in one year? lol...man thats good stuff.

10 million dollar interception thrower...as if thats all he does. He is also top 5 in passing Tds, ******** (18). Ya know...im done with you. good day.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Big difference between Fisher and SherRossley net...

FISHER'S A VERY GOOD COACH (he's had them competitive for years and to the Superbowl..)..SHERROSLEY IS NOT....! Plain and simple...

IT's a matter of QUALITY....

(I can name a bunch of HC's that are better than SherRossley..hell..almost all of them in the nfl right now are!)

I can think of nothing more depressing then to have Brett Favre retire, and have SHERROSSLEY around for 5 more years ******** up the Pack and Aaron Rodgers...

Hey hey there now... You leave Marty Schottenheimer outta this..... :twisted:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Net said - 10 million dollar interception thrower...as if thats all he does. He is also top 5 in passing Tds, ******** (18). Ya know...im done with you. good day.

Calm down, Trom, ol' boy - He's been listening to Michael Irvin again, instead of Stuart Scott.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or the intelligent Steven A Smith...

We have Brett Favre, and quite frankly...thats all ya need. (That and a head coach who knows we have brett favre)

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Bobby: I agree with almost everything you write, but you missed the boat on the Thurman play. As I recall, he did not "drop" the pass. A defender got his hand in there to prevent him from catching it.

Also, I don't think the team was sitting on that seven-point lead, but rather, they were simply unable to run the ball because of the pathetic blocking by the offensive line. When you can't run the ball, you can't expect to hold a lead.

Actually you didn't watch that Thurman play very closely. There was a defender trying to deflect the pass, but that player never touched the ball nor did he touch Thurman. He may have distracted Thurman, but the ball landed perfectly in Andre's hands.

As for sitting on the lead, it was obvious that we had no running game, but everyone knew that. Why not call a bunch of short route/safe passes though to get a drive going or take some time off the clock? Why not try to soften up the secondary by using our great trio of TEs? These types of plays gain modest chunks of yards, but they take defensive pressure off the running which allows for a more balanced attack.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turkey-boy? 10 million dollar interception thrower?

Net, have you lost your sense? Favre does not deserve these labels. As a life-long Packerbacker I cannot believe you said these things.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell said:
It's a shame that we have Bears and Vikings fans on this site that have more respect for Favre than net.

Best quote on the whole thread so long, but I wouldn't blame net as much as all the so called diehards that try to jump off the Favre- and Packers- bandwagon.
Wait and see them coming back after a two games winning streak!

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net,

Wake up and take a look at the starting line up. O-line is not close to last years talent, 5th string RB's, WR's off of waivers, starting TE out for a few weeks. Favre is NOT surrounded with stars.

And to lower yourself to name calling for a furure HOF QB?

And you call yourself a Packer fan? bull$hit.

Members online

Latest posts