since someone asked I am new here..

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:
and I can't stand that Ted THompson is given credit, where the only credit for the Packers the last few years, have clearly been on the back of Number 4.

Because, as we all know, in addition to playing full-time quarterback, Favre also scouted all of Green Bay's picks, worked the war room, engineered trades and restocked the vending machines.

Green Bay will sure miss him!

:roll:

OP
OP
T

the_truth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Look on the bright side: The Packers have only lost 4 of their last 22 games.

the numbers will be a lot different next year.

all day yesterday Steve Young and the rest of the ESPN team stated that Detroit had the best QB in the division. Now that's saying something.

but its not saying anything good about the Packers.

and yes while the Packers had a very good team last year, it was Favre who elevated the whole team. 90% of the quality players were here before McCarthy and Thompson. Both tackles, Favre, Driver,

Thompson and McCarthy reaped what someone else had sowed..

that won't be the case this year.

Hey what a great impact Justin Harrel had last year. wow, is he on the cover of the Packer book for fan's this year?

oh and since Guard is the easiest position to fill on the team, why can't Thompson find one in almost three plus years?

I don't drink the kool aid.

I tell it like it is.

and Ted Thompson sucks.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:
Hey what a great impact Justin Harrel had last year. wow, is he on the cover of the Packer book for fan's this year?

Yeah, because all the great teams in the league are full of rookie starters. you don't draft for the here and now, and if you try to, it's because you suck, and none of your current players are getting the job done. You've gotta be one of the most short-sighted pseudo-Packer fans I've ever interacted with. I have talked with many fans that don't like Thompson, and that's fine. They're misguided, but that's fine. you, on the other hand, are just blind.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:
since someone has asked, yes I am new here and no, I am not someone else coming back under a different name. I have been very active on the old JS board.

I do ask hard questions, and I raise points to discuss. I am not namby pamby when it comes to the Packers. and the only season that is a successful season is one where the Packers play in the LAST GAME OF THE YEAR AND WIN. and while last year was close, it wasn't close enough.

and I can't stand that Ted THompson is given credit, where the only credit for the Packers the last few years, have clearly been on the back of Number 4.

so No kids, I am new here. and no kids I don't like Ted Thompson or McCarthy. or his defensive coordinator or the ZBS.

I will take on all intelligent discussion. and at times I have even said that I am wrong. But not often and I am not aftraid to rock the whole forum.

that being said.

Ted Thompson proved again that he is a fool. He only got a fourth round extra pick, the 113 rd pick while a later trade made by the jets , I believe garnered the 86th pick plus a flip of a second round pick.

and what in the world are the Packers going to do with another receiver?

not when Rice was on the board, and trust me, Grant will be a one year wonder.

so have at it kids.

but I prefer intelligent discussion and not threats of violence.

Be smart. Create a new account and come back as another identity and make smarter posts. You lost pretty much all credibility with this one.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
...he'll keep making these stupid posts after every game we lose.

Look on the bright side: The Packers have only lost 4 of their last 22 games.

Wow - that's one of those stats you never think of...until someone thinks of it of course. Thanks Greg! Pretty amazing when you look at it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:
Thompson and McCarthy reaped what someone else had sowed..

I don't drink the kool aid.

I tell it like it is.

and Ted Thompson sucks.

We all know the Packers success during the Thompson era is because of Mike Sherman.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="the_truth]

and yes while the Packers had a very good team last year, it was Favre who elevated the whole team. 90% of the quality players were here before McCarthy and Thompson. Both tackles, Favre, Driver,

[/quote]

There are currently 10 players on the Packers from the Pre-TT/MM era. Add Favre to that would make 11. That would be Favre, Driver, Clifton, Tauscher, KGB, Kampman, Barnett, Harris, Cole, Jenkins, and Wells (source : Packers.com -- How built).

You say you want to engage in intelligent conversation. Maybe you should look into the facts instead of just throwing out generalizations. Maybe your disdain for TT and MM clouded your opinion of such players as Jennings, Woodson, Hawk, Colledge, Spitz, Martin, James, Grant, and Crosby. Though I am sure you will consider some of those young players as marginal, that is 45% and probably much more of the Packers roster that constitutes a big portion of what the Packers were able to do last season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
[quote="the_truth]

There are currently 10 players on the Packers from the Pre-TT/MM era. Add Favre to that would make 11. That would be Favre, Driver, Clifton, Tauscher, KGB, Kampman, Barnett, Harris, Cole, Jenkins, and Wells (source : Packers.com -- How built).

You say you want to engage in intelligent conversation. Maybe you should look into the facts instead of just throwing out generalizations. Maybe your disdain for TT and MM clouded your opinion of such players as Jennings, Woodson, Hawk, Colledge, Spitz, Martin, James, Grant, and Crosby. Though I am sure you will consider some of those young players as marginal, that is 45% and probably much more of the Packers roster that constitutes a big portion of what the Packers were able to do last season.[/quote]
Stupid facts get in the way of telling the_truth eh?

LOL

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="the_truth]

You say you want to engage in intelligent conversation. Maybe you should look into the facts instead of just throwing out generalizations. Maybe your disdain for TT and MM clouded your opinion of such players as Jennings, Woodson, Hawk, Colledge, Spitz, Martin, James, Grant, and Crosby. Though I am sure you will consider some of those young players as marginal, that is 45% and probably much more of the Packers roster that constitutes a big portion of what the Packers were able to do last season.[/quote]

Yea, the guy likes to generalize and will never concede a point like this. He'll still be anti-TT even if we finish 12-4 this year.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="the_truth]

the_truth, before you rip into PackfaninSC without even thinking first, don't forget how many of our wins last year were decided/heavily influenced by Special Teams. strong ST is something we haven't had since the super bowl years. And today's ST players will be tomorrow's offensive and defensive stars.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many of those pre-Thompson players were RE-SIGNED by Thompson?

Just go away, troll. We won't fall for your tricks here.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
How many of those pre-Thompson players were RE-SIGNED by Thompson?

Another excellent question.

Re-Signed

• C Scott Wells
    CB Al Harris
    DE Cullen Jenkins
    DE Aaron Kampman
    DT Colin Cole
    LB Nick Barnett
    WR Donald Driver

I believe the following are in the last year or two years of their respective contracts.

T Chad Clifton
T Mark Tauscher
DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

OP
OP
T

the_truth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings, Woodson, Hawk, and ,may be Grant, are the only decent pickups by Thompson in three plus years. hey that's 1.3 guys per year. . what a record.

and may be Grant because just over a couple of years ago, you guys were putting Samkon Gaddo in the Packer Hall of Fame. so show me again this year Grant. but don't be surprised.

and Hawk is an average linebacker and surely not worth the 5th pick in the draft. at least not yet.

and Jennings is a nice player but he still isn't the number one receiver in Green Bay.

don't force the kool aid on me..

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:
Jennings, Woodson, Hawk, and ,may be Grant, are the only decent pickups by Thompson in three plus years. hey that's 1.3 guys per year. . what a record.

and may be Grant because just over a couple of years ago, you guys were putting Samkon Gaddo in the Packer Hall of Fame. so show me again this year Grant. but don't be surprised.

and Hawk is an average linebacker and surely not worth the 5th pick in the draft. at least not yet.

and Jennings is a nice player but he still isn't the number one receiver in Green Bay.

don't force the kool aid on me..

1. Like i said, a huge reason for GB's success in the last few years has been ST play. Thank you Ted Thompson
2. Hawk is one of the best weakside linebackers in the game, after only 2 seasons. That is agreed upon by many NFL scouts and FO personnel. sorry no link. call me stupid for not providing one, if you want. I'm sure that will "rock the whole forum".

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will go 10-6 this year and win the first round of the Playoffs. Pretty impressive for a team after losing the best QB to ever play the game.

Hats off to our management for keeping us competitive. They've done a good job.

I used to hate TT. Learned I was wrong. he's doing a fine job, as is MM. We'll be a perennial playoff team. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is, and expect to make some money this year betting on the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts