1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

since someone asked I am new here..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by the_truth, Apr 27, 2008.

1. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Even 4 is too many times for this guy to post.

2. bigfog

bigfog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Because, as we all know, in addition to playing full-time quarterback, Favre also scouted all of Green Bay's picks, worked the war room, engineered trades and restocked the vending machines.

Green Bay will sure miss him!

:roll:

3. the_truth

the_truth Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the numbers will be a lot different next year.

all day yesterday Steve Young and the rest of the ESPN team stated that Detroit had the best QB in the division. Now that's saying something.

but its not saying anything good about the Packers.

and yes while the Packers had a very good team last year, it was Favre who elevated the whole team. 90% of the quality players were here before McCarthy and Thompson. Both tackles, Favre, Driver,

Thompson and McCarthy reaped what someone else had sowed..

that won't be the case this year.

Hey what a great impact Justin Harrel had last year. wow, is he on the cover of the Packer book for fan's this year?

oh and since Guard is the easiest position to fill on the team, why can't Thompson find one in almost three plus years?

I don't drink the kool aid.

I tell it like it is.

and Ted Thompson sucks.

4. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yada yada yada

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Yeah, because all the great teams in the league are full of rookie starters. you don't draft for the here and now, and if you try to, it's because you suck, and none of your current players are getting the job done. You've gotta be one of the most short-sighted pseudo-Packer fans I've ever interacted with. I have talked with many fans that don't like Thompson, and that's fine. They're misguided, but that's fine. you, on the other hand, are just blind.

6. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Be smart. Create a new account and come back as another identity and make smarter posts. You lost pretty much all credibility with this one.

7. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow - that's one of those stats you never think of...until someone thinks of it of course. Thanks Greg! Pretty amazing when you look at it.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We all know the Packers success during the Thompson era is because of Mike Sherman.

9. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [quote="the_truth]

and yes while the Packers had a very good team last year, it was Favre who elevated the whole team. 90% of the quality players were here before McCarthy and Thompson. Both tackles, Favre, Driver,

[/quote]

There are currently 10 players on the Packers from the Pre-TT/MM era. Add Favre to that would make 11. That would be Favre, Driver, Clifton, Tauscher, KGB, Kampman, Barnett, Harris, Cole, Jenkins, and Wells (source : Packers.com -- How built).

You say you want to engage in intelligent conversation. Maybe you should look into the facts instead of just throwing out generalizations. Maybe your disdain for TT and MM clouded your opinion of such players as Jennings, Woodson, Hawk, Colledge, Spitz, Martin, James, Grant, and Crosby. Though I am sure you will consider some of those young players as marginal, that is 45% and probably much more of the Packers roster that constitutes a big portion of what the Packers were able to do last season.

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994

There are currently 10 players on the Packers from the Pre-TT/MM era. Add Favre to that would make 11. That would be Favre, Driver, Clifton, Tauscher, KGB, Kampman, Barnett, Harris, Cole, Jenkins, and Wells (source : Packers.com -- How built).

You say you want to engage in intelligent conversation. Maybe you should look into the facts instead of just throwing out generalizations. Maybe your disdain for TT and MM clouded your opinion of such players as Jennings, Woodson, Hawk, Colledge, Spitz, Martin, James, Grant, and Crosby. Though I am sure you will consider some of those young players as marginal, that is 45% and probably much more of the Packers roster that constitutes a big portion of what the Packers were able to do last season.[/quote]
    Stupid facts get in the way of telling the_truth eh?

LOL

11. wils0646

wils0646 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

You say you want to engage in intelligent conversation. Maybe you should look into the facts instead of just throwing out generalizations. Maybe your disdain for TT and MM clouded your opinion of such players as Jennings, Woodson, Hawk, Colledge, Spitz, Martin, James, Grant, and Crosby. Though I am sure you will consider some of those young players as marginal, that is 45% and probably much more of the Packers roster that constitutes a big portion of what the Packers were able to do last season.[/quote]

Yea, the guy likes to generalize and will never concede a point like this. He'll still be anti-TT even if we finish 12-4 this year.

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650

the_truth, before you rip into PackfaninSC without even thinking first, don't forget how many of our wins last year were decided/heavily influenced by Special Teams. strong ST is something we haven't had since the super bowl years. And today's ST players will be tomorrow's offensive and defensive stars.

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    How many of those pre-Thompson players were RE-SIGNED by Thompson?

Just go away, troll. We won't fall for your tricks here.

14. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site!!

15. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Another excellent question.

Re-Signed

• C Scott Wells
      CB Al Harris
      DE Cullen Jenkins
      DE Aaron Kampman
      DT Colin Cole
      LB Nick Barnett
      WR Donald Driver

I believe the following are in the last year or two years of their respective contracts.

T Chad Clifton
    T Mark Tauscher
    DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

16. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    :pop:

Anyone got some dots? cheesey, keep you head down. I don't want to miss anything!

17. the_truth

the_truth Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jennings, Woodson, Hawk, and ,may be Grant, are the only decent pickups by Thompson in three plus years. hey that's 1.3 guys per year. . what a record.

and may be Grant because just over a couple of years ago, you guys were putting Samkon Gaddo in the Packer Hall of Fame. so show me again this year Grant. but don't be surprised.

and Hawk is an average linebacker and surely not worth the 5th pick in the draft. at least not yet.

and Jennings is a nice player but he still isn't the number one receiver in Green Bay.

don't force the kool aid on me..

18. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    1. Like i said, a huge reason for GB's success in the last few years has been ST play. Thank you Ted Thompson
    2. Hawk is one of the best weakside linebackers in the game, after only 2 seasons. That is agreed upon by many NFL scouts and FO personnel. sorry no link. call me stupid for not providing one, if you want. I'm sure that will "rock the whole forum".

19. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Wow - maybe it actually is Sherman.

20. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007

21. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Yep.

22. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I am pretty sure all REAL newbies, didn't use their VIRGIN post to bash TED

23. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    good work, detective.

24. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto.

25. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We will go 10-6 this year and win the first round of the Playoffs. Pretty impressive for a team after losing the best QB to ever play the game.

Hats off to our management for keeping us competitive. They've done a good job.

I used to hate TT. Learned I was wrong. he's doing a fine job, as is MM. We'll be a perennial playoff team. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is, and expect to make some money this year betting on the Packers.