Simms realeased by Bucs

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simms gets wish, released by Bucs

Posted: News | Adam Schefter | Tags: roster cut-down, Chris Simms, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The happiest person of any player released in the NFL today is quarterback Chris Simms. The Buccaneers released Simms today.

Backup QB?

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Flynn > Simms

I agree Flynn will be better than Simms, no question. But i'd rather have Simms going into a game right now if Rodgers gets hurt as oppossed to Flynn. Give Flynn another year in the Packers system and working with an NFL team and then i'll feel okay with him as the backup

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think you guys are giving Simms enough credit. When Gruden has put him on the field, he has done very well i think.

Espn blurb about him
"Simms had courageous moments, and he has a very big arm. But he throws into coverage too much and doesn't run well.

sounds like a certain hero who used to reside here.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simms might not be a bad back-up. He has started a few games and didn't play that poorly. As long as Simms knows he isn't the starter and excepts that he might be a good insurance plan in case Rodgers has to miss a couple of games sometime this coming season...

Brooks87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
I dont think you guys are giving Simms enough credit. When Gruden has put him on the field, he has done very well i think.

Espn blurb about him
"Simms had courageous moments, and he has a very big arm. But he throws into coverage too much and doesn't run well.

sounds like a certain hero who used to reside here.

Agree.Simms has looked pretty good in the games he was in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts