Silverstein tweets that Pack and Raji agree to one year deal

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only "win" is a third option...he regains his business sense, plays his *** off, and we then let him walk.

I'm not encouraged. There's a steep opportunity cost if he sucks again.

Agree completely. Personally, I don't care how he plays next year, I would rather us go a different direction. Don't trust him anymore. If you won't play your *** off during your rookie deal, you never will.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think Raji conjured up this theory in his mind that no matter what kind of a season he had, his reputation would precede him and he would be able to cash in in free agency. Whoops!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not criticizing the signing. Raji on the cheap. However, I have yet to see anything that gives me confidence that this defense is going to that much improved next year over last year. I agree with adambr2 on this. Expecting that it's all going to come together next year is as foolish as giving a 5-year, $50 mil contract to all-pro coming off a major injury season.

Some of you keeping say FA is a trap, overrated, puts you in a hole, etc., etc. Like it's black and white. It isn't. Maybe Ted will get someone through FA this year, but it's becoming more unlikely. It's time to stop being Ted homers. Ted hasn't aced the draft in the last 3 years, and I don't expect that he'll suddenly have one of his best drafts in years. That again is as much speculation as signing a top FA.

And so far, the Packers have made almost no changes from last year. No coaching changes, no major acquisitions. Changing Hyde to safety and having Neal play elephant. Wow, that's going to solve our problems for sure.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And so far, the Packers have made almost no changes from last year. No coaching changes, .

http://www.wearegreenbay.com/1fullt...coaching-changes/39173/pwQ2-EveakOlRM_dfmpAEA

The Green Bay Packers have named Winston Moss assistant head coach/linebackers, Alex Van Pelt quarterbacks coach, Scott McCurley assistant linebackers coach, Jason Simmons defensive/special teams assistant, John Rushing defensive quality control coach, Sam Gash running backs coach, Ron Zook assistant special teams coach, Luke Getsy offensive quality control coach and Chris Gizzi strength and conditioning assistant. Head Coach Mike McCarthy made the announcement Friday.

OP
OP
S

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji is, currently, a valuable backup with the potential to be a good starting player. That's a solid player to have on the team. Now, had his contract been for more than one year I wouldn't feel this way but his presence puts less pressure on Worthy, Jones and Boyd to HAVE to perform and it also gives the Packers more freedom in the draft to go after the best available player.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji's deal only contains $500K in guaranteed money. Does this make him a possible cut candidate?

D

Deleted member 6794

Raji's deal only contains $500K in guaranteed money. Does this make him a possible cut candidate?

Absolutely. If he doesn´t show anything during camp there´s no way the Packers are going to pay him his $3.1 million base salary.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. If he doesn´t show anything during camp there´s no way the Packers are going to pay him his $3.1 million base salary.

Man he reportedly went from $8M per year and $20M guaranteed to this. If he doesn't prove he can do it now he never will.

D

Deleted member 6794

Man he reportedly went from $8M per year and $20M guaranteed to this. If he doesn't prove he can do it now he never will.

It's amazing, yeah. But even if he shows up and plays well this season I wouldn't want the Packers to hand out a long term contract to him. Can't trust him.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2014/03/08/corys-corner-b-j-raji-has-regrets-right-now/

Good, true article about Raji.

Also had heard (don't know if it is true or not) that Dunn advised Raji to take the $8M/$20 guaranteed Packers offer and Raji himself made the decision to turn it down. If so, I'm sure he's kicking himself even more. It's probably the most extreme example in recent NFL history of a player overestimating their worth and overplaying their hand.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts