Signs of life

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers played much better today against a very bad San Francisco team. Favre looked good as did Driver and the running backs. The defense is much improved against the run without KGB in there. Geez it only took the team six years to realize he can't play against the run.

What was up with Woodson on the last scoring catch by the Niners? What a great effort he made on that tackle.

I like the fact that the defense was a little more geared up today. I thought after that 74 yd run that we were in trouble, but they held them to 3 points. All in all, good job.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Very Bad San Fran team? I've been hearing nothing but 'the surprisingly talented an good niners team...balh blah blah'

They're a better team than the Packers, but not on this Sunday.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers played much better today against a very bad San Francisco team. Favre looked good as did Driver and the running backs. The defense is much improved against the run without KGB in there. Geez it only took the team six years to realize he can't play against the run.

What was up with Woodson on the last scoring catch by the Niners? What a great effort he made on that tackle.

I like the fact that the defense was a little more geared up today. I thought after that 74 yd run that we were in trouble, but they held them to 3 points. All in all, good job.

I don't know, but Woodson is very quickly becoming one of my favorite Packers.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watch the play Davis actually put a move on Woodson and Woodson never got a chance to square up on him. I thought it was a mixture of both Woodson playing soft and Davis trying to prove something.

Overall though we beat a team whom was in the playoff hunt and really needed this game. I thought it was a solid win for us.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why cant we play like this at Lambeau? any answers?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners aren't "very bad."

Very bad is Oakland and Detroit. San Fran has been competitive for pretty much the whole year. They're a lot like the Packers except for the QBs

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:

Why cant we play like this at Lambeau? any answers?

No, and it's kind of frustrating.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners were very bad today Zero

Yes, but Gore scared me, especially after that huge run in the beginning of the game. We won this game, because we forced them to put the ball in the air. And of course Favre and Driver were near perfect. But we limited Gore to 19 carries. That's a big deal.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. The Packers still haven't gotten out of the playoff scenarios yet.

2. With a win today the Packers have gone from drafting 6th to drafting 10th.

It's a bad day for negativity.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
The Niners were very bad today Zero

Is that your opinion on every team that loses to us?

It is my opinion that we are not a very good team. I did believe for awhile that this was a team that was getting better and then we played the last three games and my opinion changed. So therefore if we're not very good and we beat someone I would say that they are worse than we are.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is my opinion that we are not a very good team. I did believe for awhile that this was a team that was getting better and then we played the last three games and my opinion changed. So therefore if we're not very good and we beat someone I would say that they are worse than we are.

All teams suffer bad stretches like that, not just the Packers.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overall though we beat a team whom was in the playoff hunt and really needed this game. I thought it was a solid win for us.

Agreed porky88, even our D was improved to the point where we only gave up under 20 points for the second time this season (and for us this is good considering we average 26). Good Win !!!

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I felt it was a solid performance today for the Packers on both sides of the ball. SF is no slouch - certainly stronger than last year. They're no powerhouse (SF) but I wouldn't take anything away from a good solid W

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
. The defense is much improved against the run without KGB in there. Geez it only took the team six years to realize he can't play against the run.

I did not get a chance to see the game, or replays yet..

but heard lot of it on the radio and Larry Mccarren said that MM sat in the meetings with the defense all week..

Wonder if along with kgb not being in on everydown helped.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not get a chance to see the game, or replays yet..

but heard lot of it on the radio and Larry Mccarren said that MM sat in the meetings with the defense all week..

Wonder if along with kgb not being in on everydown helped.

I saw Jenkins at DE a few times today. All around good defense today

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our d did play better than we usually do, we gave up some big plays but we played good enough to hold them to 13 points.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.........All around good defense today.

I would not go that far.

A ton of missed tackles on the two long plays.
And Barnett keeps over pursuing. At least 5 time I saw him either guess wrong only to have the RB run right were he was or over pursue wide ony to get cut behind.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.........All around good defense today.

I would not go that far.

A ton of missed tackles on the two long plays.
And Barnett keeps over pursuing. At least 5 time I saw him either guess wrong only to have the RB run right were he was or over pursue wide ony to get cut behind.

Giving credit where it's due, there's no coincidence that Gore's one of the top RBs in the NFC. He's hard to tackle. If I'm not mistaken, you're referring to that long Gore run in the beginning of the game. It's been said many times by many different teams that lined up against Gore is you have to gang tackle him.

As for their TE on that last TD, yeah, I think that was sloppy tackling, but by then, the game was already over.

Members online

Latest posts