Status
Not open for further replies.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
flapackfan said:
Cubanpenguin said:
I would be all for the trade if Moss actually showed that he could do something in his last 2 years. Sure he had Brooks last year and a carousel of QB's the year before. But Horn did great with Brooks chucking him the ball why can't Moss. For one he is lazy. He himself has said that he hasn't tried and that he just didn't feel like showing up that day. We don't need that here.

Are you kidding me? You actually expect moss to play well in that situation. Moss is only going to play well when he has at least a little help.

In case you are a newcomer to football, i'll break down how football works, ok.

Receivers are supposed to catch the ball from the quarterback.
Quarterback needs time to throw the ball in order to get the ball to Moss downfield which is what he does. He does not take 2 yard dumpoffs and run 90 yards. He runs down the field, and out runs or out jumps the defender, that is what he does. That is why he has been and still is the most feared receiver in the game. It is why he is the highest paid receiver if im not mistaken. Just in case you have never seen him play. He is single handedly the reason why we lost the home playoff game vs the Vikings in the infamous "Moss Moon Game" We shut those fools down for 3 1/2 quarters and then Moss punk'd us twice. Game over

Only thing is, the Raiders cant run block or pass block so it is impossible for Randy to have good numbers, i thought everyone already knew this??

Lastly, he is the only weapon on the field in Oakland so even if they did happen to get decent pass protection 3 times in a game, more than likely he was at least double covered.

But please, keep telling your stories about Joe Horn & Aaron Brooks if it makes you feel better.

This is all fine and dandy but Moss wasn't even the best reciever on his OWN team last year

Are you really implying that Ronald Curry is better than Randy Moss?

My point is Curry had the same guys throwing him the ball. Moss has lost something, I don't know what, but he just has gotten extremely lazy and average over the last 2-3 years. It's not based on his stats but rather on what I've seen. He just doesn't have any fire and plays about half-speed.

Anyways, I was told I must only use facts and not allowed to have opinions. So with that I am to assume Curry, McMichael, Horn, Bennett, etc are better than Moss.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
flapackfan said:
Cubanpenguin said:
I would be all for the trade if Moss actually showed that he could do something in his last 2 years. Sure he had Brooks last year and a carousel of QB's the year before. But Horn did great with Brooks chucking him the ball why can't Moss. For one he is lazy. He himself has said that he hasn't tried and that he just didn't feel like showing up that day. We don't need that here.

Are you kidding me? You actually expect moss to play well in that situation. Moss is only going to play well when he has at least a little help.

Quarterback needs time to throw the ball in order to get the ball to Moss downfield which is what he does. He does not take 2 yard dumpoffs and run 90 yards. He runs down the field, and out runs or out jumps the defender, that is what he does. That is why he has been and still is the most feared receiver in the game. It is why he is the highest paid receiver if im not mistaken. Just in case you have never seen him play. He is single handedly the reason why we lost the home playoff game vs the Vikings in the infamous "Moss Moon Game" We shut those fools down for 3 1/2 quarters and then Moss punk'd us twice. Game over

Only thing is, the Raiders cant run block or pass block so it is impossible for Randy to have good numbers, i thought everyone already knew this??

Lastly, he is the only weapon on the field in Oakland so even if they did happen to get decent pass protection 3 times in a game, more than likely he was at least double covered.

But please, keep telling your stories about Joe Horn & Aaron Brooks if it makes you feel better.

This is all fine and dandy but Moss wasn't even the best reciever on his OWN team last year

My point is Curry had the same guys throwing him the ball. Moss has lost something, I don't know what, but he just has gotten extremely lazy and average over the last 2-3 years. It's not based on his stats but rather on what I've seen. He just doesn't have any fire and plays about half-speed.

Anyways, I was told I must only use facts and not allowed to have opinions. So with that I am to assume Curry, McMichael, Horn, Bennett, etc are better than Moss.

Is Darrell Jackson better than Deion Branch?

Is Issac Bruce better than Larry Fitzgerald?

Is Bubba Franks better than Eric Johnson?

Is Lee Evans better than Steve Smith?

By the logic your using then the answer is yes to all of the above.

Strange enough Moss had 1000 yards and 8 touchdowns in his 1st year with the Raiders, yet people say he was BAD. That's better than the numbers Larry Fitzgerald put up this year. I think Moss has lot a step. He is 30. To say he hasn't would be like saying KGB is as good as he was say 3 years ago. However it’s very premature to just write him off. Most scouts acknowledge he still has the talent to be effective. Perhaps a change of scierno and the influence of a Brett Favre can help Randy Moss at least obtain the level of the great Ronald Curry and the great Randy McMichael. Coming to Green Bay seemed to revive Charles Woodson's career.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Randy is double covered
Curry is not covered at all on some plays

Curry is open uncovered down the field some times in games. The other times, he has no more than one defensive back covering him.

How many times in a game would you expect to see Moss wide open down the field uncovered? Thats right, none. There is allways a guy on him and often 2 guys. And if a 2nd guy isnt on him, he is leaning toward him just in case.

Does this concept matter to anyone?

Its like asking how come Shaq doesnt score 100 points per game and saying he sucks because he doesnt. Because the defense is geared towards stopping that. Its because there are these guys called "defensive cooridinators". Most people have never heard of this term. Its a guy who gets paid to come up with a game plan to stop Randy Moss from going 80 yards on every play.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps a change of scierno and the influence of a Brett Favre can help Randy Moss at least obtain the level of the great Ronald Curry and the great Randy McMichael.

Please do not say things like that again. The laughter that it produces makes the pain in my pinched nerve to shock my entire body.

Seriously, that was guuuud

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
flapackfan said:
Cubanpenguin said:

Is Darrell Jackson better than Deion Branch?

Is Issac Bruce better than Larry Fitzgerald?

Is Bubba Franks better than Eric Johnson?

Is Lee Evans better than Steve Smith?

By the logic your using then the answer is yes to all of the above.

Strange enough Moss had 1000 yards and 8 touchdowns in his 1st year with the Raiders, yet people say he was BAD. That's better than the numbers Larry Fitzgerald put up this year. I think Moss has lot a step. He is 30. To say he hasn't would be like saying KGB is as good as he was say 3 years ago. However it’s very premature to just write him off. Most scouts acknowledge he still has the talent to be effective. Perhaps a change of scierno and the influence of a Brett Favre can help Randy Moss at least obtain the level of the great Ronald Curry and the great Randy McMichael. Coming to Green Bay seemed to revive Charles Woodson's career.

Porky, I didn't say that Curry was better than Moss, period! I said that based on FACTS Curry had a better year than Moss with the same team around him. So let me get this right, it's ok to use opinions when they support the popular side, however, you can ignore facts when they go against others OPINIONS?

It's hypocritical and happens way to much on here. I have heard everyone say that TT is doing the right thing by not overpaying guys because they are old, average, etc HOWEVER when it comes to Moss TT should do it even though he is getting up there in age, has been marginal for 3 years, and is not exactly the greatest team player.

Bennett, Horn, Welker, Stallworth would have ALL come cheaper than Moss. It was GREAT that Ted didn't sign them according to everyone. Then the same people say "We Want Moss". The facts show that Moss was outperformed by everyone of those guys last year. All but Horn is younger. It's inconsistent and shows that some people cannot look at this team and Ted objectively

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle, you are more than entitled to your opinion. Do not take what others say so literally.

Personally I have been a Randy Moss fan even when he was with the Vikings and back when he was at Marshall. I wanted the Pack to take him instead of Vonnie Holiday. I still believe if Moss is put in the right situation with a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Brett Favre he can be a top 15 to 10 receiver in this league. Maybe better. I think he'll play for someone who he respects. I recall the NFL Films highlights of a Monday Night game between the Packers and Vikings. Moss was sitting on the bench and got up and said "This is Brett Favre. I have to see Brett Favre." Favre to Moss has always been something I wanted to see. Moss loves when QB‘s put the ball up for grabs. That‘s one thing Favre is not afraid to do.

However I have stated before that the only way you get a deal done is if Moss restructures his contract. If he does he could very well come cheaper then some of the guys you listed above. If Moss is willing to take the pay cut, he’d be doing something that isn’t selfish in my opinion. To me that signals he’s at least trying to change. I think Thompson is yet to make that bold move. I believe this could be it and I actually hope it is. This is just my two cents on the topic though.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are talking about a Raider Offense that sucks. O.K.?

They were dead last in points. Second to last in passing yards.

In the last two years they have scored a total of 28 freaking td's and Moss has 11, or, 40% of them.

The bottom line is Oakland stinks and the only decent guy they have had is Moss and he has gotten a little short tempered because he thought it was bad two years ago only to find out that was a vacation compared to last year.

The Management and Coaching of that team the last few years has been beyond horrendous.

OMG Moss's numbers have gone down! He must be losing it! There's not a WR in this league that could have played on Oakland the last few years whose numbers wouldn't have fallen off big time. It's not what Stallworth, or Horn, or whoever did last year. WHAT WOULD THEY HAVE DONE ON THE RAIDERS TEAM. Othewise it's apples to oranges.

And Pyle give me a break about Curry. Let's play ask and answer.

Who benefits the most from playing along side the other? Do you think maybe Curry caught a few balls because Moss was getting a little exta attention being like the only player that could score a damn touchdown.

You use examples like Curry to justify your position and use the word "objectively" while being the least objective person on here when the subject matter involves TT.

Weren't you one of those *****in' about signing Woodson last year?

I though so.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In the last two years they have scored a total of 28 freaking td's and Moss has 11, or, 40% of them.

The bottom line is Oakland stinks and the only decent guy they have had is Moss and he has gotten a little short tempered because he thought it was bad two years ago only to find out that was a vacation compared to last year.

The Management and Coaching of that team the last few years has been beyond horrendous.

OMG Moss's numbers have gone down! He must be losing it! There's not a WR in this league that could have played on Oakland the last few years whose numbers wouldn't have fallen off big time. It's not what Stallworth, or Horn, or whoever did last year. WHAT WOULD THEY HAVE DONE ON THE RAIDERS TEAM. Othewise it's apples to oranges.

Who benefits the most from playing along side the other? Do you think maybe Curry caught a few balls because Moss was getting a little exta attention being like the only player that could score a damn touchdown.

You use examples like Curry to justify your position and use the word "objectively" while being the least objective person on here when the subject matter involves TT.

I though so.

I dont think it could have been said any better than this. Period.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I though so.

Who said I was against Moss? You friggin people cannot read, I am positive about it.

I am sick and tired of completely irrational people who sway whatever which way the wind blows. I am a die-hard Packers fan and even I can be objective. I did not like the Woodson Signing last year, I turned out to be wrong about him. It was a GOOD MOVE by TT. The Pickett move was good as well.

Now, get ready to get defensive people. TT spent money on Woodson and it turned out to be a good move. Now, according to you flip-floppers this goes against everything you love about Ted, correct. Isn't it said on here over and over again that Ted doesn't like to spend money in FA? So, why not spend a little more to bring in more Woodson's? You people throw out how great the Woodson move was and then say Ted should not gamble on other guys.

Now, some want Randy Moss. The funny thing is it's the same people who pat TT on the back for not being aggressive and building from within. This makes no sense. Ted will pay more for Randy than any other available WR in FA. There are MORE question marks about Randy than any other available WR as well. I thought this was against everything Ted stood for. How come it's a great move now?

Ted could sign John Doe and you kool-aid drinkers would post "great depth" and "TT has an eye for talent". However if Ted lost out on him it would be "Great Move, he has question marks" or "He didn't fit our system".

This has got to be the biggest group of hypocritical homers I have ever seen. You guys see a post from me and you go into "Protect Ted" mode. My "Why come to GB thread" was a test and it turned out to show alot. I called Ted cheap and got hammered with "people go places for other reasons" so then I post "why come to GB" and I got bombarded with "It's about money" from the same damn people. Flip-Flop, Flip-Flop

Answer these questions with True or False if you are capable.

1. You like Ted because he doesn't overspend on FA's that are gambles?

2. You liked the Woodson Signing?

3. Ted made the right move by not more aggresively pursuing guys like McMicheal, Johnson, Griffith, Horn, Northcutt, Stallworth, Welker, Bennett, etc, Because they were either overpaid based on production, Character Issues, or were just not that great?

4. You want Randy Moss to be a Packer?

5. Randy Moss has declining numbers because of the QB situation in Oakland?

6. Ronald Curry outperformed Moss because Moss required double coverage.

7. JP Losman Sucks?

8. Lee Evans led Buffalo in Receiving?

9. David Carr Sucks?

10. Andre Johnson led Houston in Receiving?

11. Gradkowski/Rattay sucks?

12. Galloway led TB in Receiving?

13. I defend every move that Ted makes because I can't objectively look at my team?

14. Ted Thompson is 12-20 with the Packers?

15. As soon as Pyle posts I take the other side?

Here is your answer sheet

True or False, no dodging.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you call people flip floppers, irrational, then say you were testing them. Cute. lol.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts