Sign petition to save next season..

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a good idea for the NFL fan voice to be heard. It brings up a valid point in that in addition to purchasing tickets and merch, we have mucho tax dollars invested in stadiums across the league. We want football!

Thanks for the link.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Nice find, and thanks for the link.
While I appreciate the sentiment of this whole effort I must point out the inconsistency in the logic. This is a dispute between "labor" and "management" and we, as consumers, have no right to be a part of the negotiations. Labor disputes affect consumers virtually every day and yet consumers are not given a the right or the privilege of attending the labor negotiations (and probably with good cause for good reasons). Perhaps you feel that should change, and perhaps it should, but it is what it is and until it changes across the board this labor dispute should not be singled out.
Yes, I understand that we, as taxpayers, have helped to finance the stadiums, and thus a part of their business, but I think you would be amazed if you knew how many local businesses you (as a taxpayer) have helped to finance (through TIF districts, etc.) and yet we (as taxpayers) have no right to be a part of labor disputes involving those companies.
I am not saying it is right or that I agree with it, I am just saying that it is what it is.
The truth is that we (the fans) do have a "vote" it is just a vote too many fans are not willing to exercise. Our vote IS our money and until we are willing to withhold it we cannot expect to be much more than a faint echo in the corridors outside the room where negotiations between players and owners take place.
IMO.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
While I appreciate the sentiment of this whole effort I must point out the inconsistency in the logic. This is a dispute between "labor" and "management" and we, as consumers, have no right to be a part of the negotiations. Labor disputes affect consumers virtually every day and yet consumers are not given a the right or the privilege of attending the labor negotiations (and probably with good cause for good reasons). Perhaps you feel that should change, and perhaps it should, but it is what it is and until it changes across the board this labor dispute should not be singled out.
Yes, I understand that we, as taxpayers, have helped to finance the stadiums, and thus a part of their business, but I think you would be amazed if you knew how many local businesses you (as a taxpayer) have helped to finance (through TIF districts, etc.) and yet we (as taxpayers) have no right to be a part of labor disputes involving those companies.
I am not saying it is right or that I agree with it, I am just saying that it is what it is.
The truth is that we (the fans) do have a "vote" it is just a vote too many fans are not willing to exercise. Our vote IS our money and until we are willing to withhold it we cannot expect to be much more than a faint echo in the corridors outside the room where negotiations between players and owners take place.
IMO.

You're probably right, but it made me feel a little better. :worried:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I signed it, I know in theory, there is not much I can do as an individual, but it made me feel a little bit better. You never know what will come of these things, sometimes a revolution can begin with one single cry. Never give up the hope to fight for what you think is right.

OP
OP
GWheels

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things it probably won't change a thing signing this but it does feel like your a part of something. Even if one player or one owner looks at this at least it looks like the fans are all united. The fans don't need to take a side but our own.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO.
Completely agree.

I've signed it, but I don't expect it to go anywhere.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I imagine a time would come, albeit down the road some where fans including myself would get ticked off to the point where we wouldn't support the game with the same amount of enthusiasm, as we have done in the past. It happened with Major League Baseball, whom used to be the number one sport in America, but lost it's luster after the work stoppage back in '94.

Just saying...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah neither side cares what the fans think as long as they buy the product. If you want to send a clear message, shut off your tv, dont buy season tickets, dont buy any team shirts, jerseys, hats ect. Thats really the only way you can be heard and thats only if hundreds of thousands of people do that.

Imagine if the rating for the draft were at an all time low for the past decade? Think they might panic then? oh yeah.

But yeah, not happening.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah neither side cares what the fans think as long as they buy the product. If you want to send a clear message, shut off your tv, dont buy season tickets, dont buy any team shirts, jerseys, hats ect. Thats really the only way you can be heard and thats only if hundreds of thousands of people do that.

Imagine if the rating for the draft were at an all time low for the past decade? Think they might panic then? oh yeah.

But yeah, not happening.
What are you going to turn off or not buy?

Members online

Latest posts