Sign of the times- NFL hypocrisy

12theTruth

I just got done watching the NFL Network and they had an piece about RG3 and QB's toughness. During this they showed a clip of Favre getting demolished by the Saints in NFC championship. Anyone watching that game could tell that the Saints were trying to mame Brett Favre and I am no Favre fan these days.

This whole bounty affair with the Saints and the NFL's handling of it is just bogus. It seemed much evidence was given that players participated in this bounty program yet any real punishment was muted by the wiping away of any substantive game punishment for Saints players involved.

At least with baseball you have a 3rd party, the writers, inserting some much needed wisdom by holding players accountable for obvious transgressions. To see for once.. not money nor lawyers determining things is shall I say quite refreshing.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I just got done watching the NFL Network and they had an piece about RG3 and QB's toughness. During this they showed a clip of Favre getting demolished by the Saints in NFC championship. Anyone watching that game could tell that the Saints were trying to mame Brett Favre and I am no Favre fan these days.

This whole bounty affair with the Saints and the NFL's handling of it is just bogus. It seemed much evidence was given that players participated in this bounty program yet any real punishment was muted by the wiping away of any substantive game punishment for Saints players involved.

At least with baseball you have a 3rd party, the writers, inserting some much needed wisdom by holding players accountable for obvious transgressions. To see for once.. not money nor lawyers determining things is shall I say quite refreshing.
Had there not have been money involved the league would have never done anything about it. "Conduct Detrimental" was never the focal issue, even if the league wanted to paint it that way. It's why the Saints went free. Tags felt that the majority of the blame should be put on the shoulders of the coaches who "held the fate of the players in their hands" and also conveniently didn't have a union that could sue the league which would cost them even more money. This whole thing was smoke to take attention away from the concussion suit. One big PR stunt.

Members online

Latest posts