Sign Mike Daniels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we didnt use it in 2009 dude... and we did introduce it, but i guarantee with Jenkins, Jolly, Pickett, and Raji. We had very few 2 man fronts in 2009...

They used it a lot in 2009 go watch any highlight video or game from that season. The reason they used it wasn't because they had great pass rushers on the defensive line (Jolly/Pickett/Raji were crap pass rushers in 09 only Jenkins was good). The reason they used the Nickel so much was so Charles Woodson could play slot CB.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just went through and read every post in this thread and all I have to say is you're all winners in my book. :tup:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
And when I say 10 sacks for ends 10 times, and slip 12 sacks for ends in once.
You didn’t slip it in once. It was the first thing you had to say on the subject. After being challenged you changed it to 10.
TRY (I know its hard) to not get all bent out of shape and disrespect my football inteligence...
Display some football intelligence and see how posters respond.
And in 160+ posts. and all you educated guys. Why havnt you been able to convince me
Because you aren’t bright enough to understand?
Im a mathematical wizzard that picks trends out.
First, making such a declaration rather than displaying it won’t get you any credibility with most of us here. Second, don’t mathematicians use stats a lot? If you’re such a math wizard why aren’t you supplying stats to back up your “arguments” rather than asking others for stats?
wife is taking my computer away. I will be back later to answer all the wonderful comments...
Don’t you mean your mom? :roflmao:

And with that, unless directly questioned, I’m done with this guy in this thread.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn’t slip it in once. It was the first thing you had to say on the subject. After being challenged you changed it to 10. Display some football intelligence and see how posters respond. Because you aren’t bright enough to understand? First, making such a declaration rather than displaying it won’t get you any credibility with most of us here. Second, don’t mathematicians use stats a lot? If you’re such a math wizard why aren’t you supplying stats to back up your “arguments” rather than asking others for stats? Don’t you mean your mom? :roflmao:

And with that, unless directly questioned, I’m done with this guy in this thread.
not one football fact trying to disprove the points i made??? Just name calling??? come on man. we arent children here.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My problem with Capers is not limited to the infamous 5 minutes, though it is symptomatic. And my opinion has nothing to do with aggressive vs. conservative. His Packer defenses go into extended lulls and have been prone to playoff collapses. Brittle is the way I describe it. When one talks about defensive identity and culture, that falls to the coaches. There have been meaningful instances of rigid thinking.

I welcome McCarthy's increased involvement in the defense; his idea to move Matthews to the middle you might call thinking outside the box about what's going on inside the box. ;)

McCarthy's main contribution to the defense last year was the introduction of the 4-3 that the team abandoned after three games because it was so terrible. McCarthy is a very good coach but there's a reason he hired one of the more experienced and respected defensive coaches in the NFL.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not one football fact trying to disprove the points i made??? Just name calling??? come on man. we arent children here.

We've been doing nothing but disproving your points, and you've continually ignored it. I'm still waiting for you to tell me just 1 team in NFL history with a 3-4 defense with 2 ends that each had 12 (or even 10 now, since you changed it from the original), and 6 from their NT.

I'm sure you mean well, but I have to be totally honest with you at this point. You're like the drunk guy at the bar watching a sporting event, while insanely rambling on about things that you clearly are not informed enough to talk about, as all the other patrons exchange uncomfortable looks and smirks, while in your mind being completely convinced you are right and having not a shred of self-awareness. That is you. You are that guy, at least in this thread.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the unrealistic expectations from Eli in what he wants from a 3-4 d line that is almost comical.

To really put this in perspective back in the early to mid 90s the Packers had what I still refer to as the best defensive line in NFL history in R.White, S.Dotson, G.Brown and S.Jones.

The 3-4 line that Eli desperatly wants with 10+ sacks from our DEs, or 2 JJ Watts if you will, and a NT that grabs 6+ per year also puts that Dline we had in the 90s on the backburner on the list of best dline of all time.

So pretty much we need the best dline EVER to make the defense work? Prolly a problem schematically if thats the case

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm sure you missed the irony of you accusing someone else of not presenting facts. Seriously, read adambr2's post #181. Then read it again and take it to heart. Or don't and risk becoming a laughing stock on this board beyond this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts