Sign Mike Daniels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong, he has been good for 2 years. He was raw, but ok as a rookie.
And here you go. Nickel 75% of the time in 2010:

http://packersinsider.com/2011/02/bob-mcginns-final-report-card-2010-2011/

And I quote: "Woodson’s willingness to throw his body around charging from the slot as if he were a 23-year-old LB instead of a 34-year-old CB helped Capers stop the pass because he could use his nickel defense 75% of the time. " (emphasis mine).
Capers had to play the talent he had. We had D-backs and LBs. And if we didnt have Collins and Woodson and Harris helping, our embarassment wouldnt have been tolerable. Id say its a good thing Capers ability to roll with the punches and provide schemes to compensate. He was able to bring that out in our players.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong, he has been good for 2 years. He was raw, but ok as a rookie.
He got half his sacks against the 5-11 Vikings in 2013. He was unknown, and had a certain element of suprise. And as far as the original point goes. Raji's motivation specifically. and Capers 1 and 2 man fronts. Raji didnt know Daniels was anything yet, so how could he get pumped up about a 2nd year 5th rounder??? He wouldnt that year, would he? And Capers didnt have to play his goofy 1 and 2 man fronts with Daniels there in 2013, and Jones being drafted.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and we needed help to get to the playoffs.

Irrelevant. Your previous comment was "we didnt do it then. we did it when jenkins left, jolly got suspended. neal stayed hurt and harrell flopped." I have demonstrated that you were mistaken. You assert that the 2 man DL is a new thing. I can prove it is not.

You are losing credibility by the second. You are caught in an obvious mistake and you refuse to accept it. You instead move the goal posts because your original point is lost.

Give up.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not going to own up to the statement you made that we didn't use the nickel defense in 2010?
I didnt say 2010 specifically. And I didnt say we played 2 and 1 man front alot. Any was too much! But I did say it was a direct result of not having any D-linemen to play. And the only reason it worked was because Woodson, Collins, and Harris were doing everything... AND we got lucky as heck.

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did the stud Jenkins ever get 12 or I guess it's now 10 sacks? He never got over 7 and most of those were from the nickel formation and not even as a DE.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Irrelevant. Your previous comment was "we didnt do it then. we did it when jenkins left, jolly got suspended. neal stayed hurt and harrell flopped." I have demonstrated that you were mistaken. You assert that the 2 man DL is a new thing. I can prove it is not.

You are losing credibility by the second. You are caught in an obvious mistake and you refuse to accept it. You instead move the goal posts because your original point is lost.

Give up.
Its not irrelivant. Our defense, more specifically, our Dline was not the reason we won. Our dline was a pathetic mess that had to be compensated for by an all pro secondary playing aggressive, and a offense that scored alot.

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Give up.
lol this guy is completely unable to admit when he's wrong. It's kind of funny and sad

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and we needed help to get to the playoffs.

Really? That's your takeaway from a season we had the number two defense, an extremely good defense throughout the playoffs, and WON THE SUPER BOWL???

Never mind those though since we got help in week 15....

I did say I was done because my head hurt and clearly I failed. My it is now near explosion and I will soon be physically impossible for me to reply to this.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did the stud Jenkins ever get 12 or I guess it's now 10 sacks? He never got over 7 and most of those were from the nickel formation and not even as a DE.
it as always 10. You guys just like making everything i say sound worse than it is... And neither Jolly or Jenkins were up to the standard. But with Raji and those guys we had the closest thing to what i want since the 3-4 came to town. And what do you know!?!?! that was the last time our defense was actually good... Until last year maybe when Guion and Daniels held their own, and the LBs and secondary were very very good.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji, Jenkins, and Pickett were dominant at the time IMO. Was Jenkins still here Capers first year? Or was it Jolly kicking rear, or was it both? Anyways, that first year I think he *** a very good D-line still.

Its not irrelivant. Our defense, more specifically, our Dline was not the reason we won. Our dline was a pathetic mess that had to be compensated for by an all pro secondary playing aggressive, and a offense that scored alot.

it as always 10. You guys just like making everything i say sound worse than it is... And neither Jolly or Jenkins were up to the standard. But with Raji and those guys we had the closest thing to what i want since the 3-4 came to town.

This makes sense...

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, once again, you are moving the goal posts. You stated, "we didnt do it then. we did it when jenkins left, jolly got suspended. neal stayed hurt and harrell flopped"

Literally since Capers has been here, he's run his 2-4 nickel front as his preferred nickel. Full stop. The moment you say, "we didn't do it then," you are mistaken. We have always done it.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carl...
it does in context. Again working real hard to twist my words. The first was Capers first year. The second message was when both jenkins, and Jolly left, and Pickett lost a step over night. Same time Raji's production fell.. And the last stands true. I wanted 10 sacks from our ends before they are considered dominant and get paid. and you all are nit picking... NONE of you have had the ability to agree with one thing... None of you. and Im the bull headed one... Keep picking. I've answered every jab. And every twist of words.

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers came in 2009. He did introduce the 2 man front that year, but it wasnt anything near 75% i bet, with Jenkins, Raji and Jolly up front. Subtract Jenkins and Jolly in 2010 and we played nickel 75% of the time apparently.....

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, once again, you are moving the goal posts. You stated, "we didnt do it then. we did it when jenkins left, jolly got suspended. neal stayed hurt and harrell flopped"

Literally since Capers has been here, he's run his 2-4 nickel front as his preferred nickel. Full stop. The moment you say, "we didn't do it then," you are mistaken. We have always done it.
What was the percentage of 2 man fronts in 2009 when Jenkins, Raji and Jolly were all still on the roster?

In 2009 he had a d-line that was full of talent. So how many 2 man front plays were done that season? vs the 2010 when our d-line disapeared and the 2 man front wasnt a decision anymore. We had to do it out of lack of impact players and depth on the dline

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
.. and you all are nit picking... NONE of you have had the ability to agree with one thing... None of you. and Im the bull headed one... Keep picking. I've answered every jab. And every twist of words.
Think about that for a moment, on a board in which disagreements and arguments are commonplace, no one has chimed in to support your foolish ideas about the 3-4. Look at the variety of posters who have tried to educate you. Your words are not being twisted: You have posted ridiculous expectations of DL in the 3-4, for example:
he has been good. not really good, imo. 6 sacks.... i want 12 from ends and 6 from nose.
This was the 23rd post on this thread. No mention of number of sacks had been made in the first 22 posts. Out of thin air you came up with these idiotic numbers. You want 30 sacks from a 3-4 DL, how often has that happened in the history of the 3-4 defense?

Continue to play the victim if you like, but you are not being bullied: Your foolish ideas about the 3-4 are being forcefully refuted with facts and logic.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not going to own up to the statement you made that we didn't use the nickel defense in 2010?
we didnt use it in 2009 dude... and we did introduce it, but i guarantee with Jenkins, Jolly, Pickett, and Raji. We had very few 2 man fronts in 2009...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about that for a moment, on a board in which disagreements and arguments are commonplace, no one has chimed in to support your foolish ideas about the 3-4. Look at the variety of posters who have tried to educate you. Your words are not being twisted: You have posted ridiculous expectations of DL in the 3-4, for example: This was the 23rd post on this thread. No mention of number of sacks had been made in the first 22 posts. Out of thin air you came up with these idiotic numbers. You want 30 sacks from a 3-4 DL, how often has that happened in the history of the 3-4 defense?

Continue to play the victim if you like, but you are not being bullied: Your foolish ideas about the 3-4 are being forcefully refuted with facts and logic.
I stand corrected. See how that works guys. Admitting i was wrong... you all should try it some time when i show you how you are wrong... And when I say 10 sacks for ends 10 times, and slip 12 sacks for ends in once. TRY (I know its hard) to not get all bent out of shape and disrespect my football inteligence...

And in 160+ posts. and all you educated guys. Why havnt you been able to convince me? Why havnt you collectively gotten me to shut up??? It is because I have thought out this whole thing years ago, and am concrete in my theories. Have years of football OCD. Im a mathematical wizzard that picks trends out. I know what im talking about, and to me it doesnt matter if you all cant open your mind to new strategies and possibilities.

Maybe take off the dunce cap, go back and read my argument with an open mind. And see the good things i said, instead of splitting hairs on minute points...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wife is taking my computer away. I will be back later to answer all the wonderful comments...

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, super dominant Jenkins, who you are impressed with. 2 years with GB in the 3-4. He had 4.5 sacks in 2009 and 7 in 2010.

Probably a good thing we didn't resign him, since that's nowhere near dominate. . . :rolleyes:

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or Johnny Jolly...with his 3 CAREER sacks.

It's almost as though Eli is making up his arguments as he goes rather than researching and understanding what he's saying. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts