Sideline Scouting Seven Round Mock

SidelineScouting

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over at Sideline Scouting we released a seven round mock draft today with explanations for every first round pick. Scroll over the tab “mock draft results” to see specific results for the Packers. Tabs towards the top of each page to scroll through each round.

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/mock/

What do you guys think of the picks we gave Green Bay?

A few surprise picks, I know. But the NFL Draft is always a surprise. Overall thoughts?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That mock works for me!
A+.

I think Shea is going to be a STUD in the NFL so I would not object to taking him in round 1 even though we have been hoping to get him in Rd 2 or 3 over the past months. If Devon Still is on the board at this point, you're right that would be tough but Teddy has the iron ballz to make the proper selection. I would love Broyles as we have the luxury of being able to red shirt him til his knee makes him ready. I think Phil Blake is a great pick but don't expect him there late in round 4.

Two WRs is a bit excessive considering we are strong 6-deep right now, and some say 8 with Borel and Shaky Smithson waiting in the wings.

Well done Sideline Scouting. Nice clean website too, except the popup ad that popped up on me lol.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be on board with this draft and would think Shea would blossom under CM3 and that crazy LB coach we have to mentor him.
One thought though is I would think TT might make a strong move down two to get Hightower if he's still around that late. Ted would have to be making some kind of play with Houston if Hightower is still around you would think.
But I do like the idea of Shea and Reyes where we get both a guy up front that can pressure and finally somebody opposite CM3 that can get there too. The one thing though is my first impression is not to expect either of these two to make huge impacts this first year. Both seem to be the type that will really pay off over the coming years.

That's why Hargrove is big for us as far as improving the pressure this year.

yallniggascheesewiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the idea of having McClellin, but I don't like reaching for him. I'd rather see him drafted where he belongs, the second round. You have a lot of guys falling who won't, but since the OP stated "for the Packers" we can turn our heads to that. I wouldn't draft any safety other than Barron in this draft, 3rd rounder Johnson is a bust. I like Reyes in the second round. I'd rather see them trade out of the first get into the early part of round 2, draft a a couple of pass rusher, then look to the d-line.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the idea of having McClellin, but I don't like reaching for him. I'd rather see him drafted where he belongs, the second round.
I feel that too, but I also felt we reached for Clay Matthews too. Turns out TT was right, if a player is a player, doesn't matter when you get him as long as you get him.
Shea's combine numbers were on par with the other 1st rd OLB prospects. We need that.

yallniggascheesewiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that too, but I also felt we reached for Clay Matthews too. Turns out TT was right, if a player is a player, doesn't matter when you get him as long as you get him.
Shea's combine numbers were on par with the other 1st rd OLB prospects. We need that.

I think we can get him later in the draft.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can get him later in the draft.
We might be able to.
But we might not too.
If Teddy wants him and cannot trade back 5-10 picks, he will take him.
He could have gotten Clay later. Could have gotten Harrell later.
Did get Jennings later thanks to the trade with New England.

Depends. But Shea is well worth being taken at #28 as Clay was at #24 or #26, wherever he was grabbed.

Shea & Clay.... has a ring to it.
If we can get Shea to grow his hair out, it's perfect.
Should have had Brooks Reed last year.

Members online

Latest posts