1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sideline Scouting Mock Draft -- November 19

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by SidelineScouting, Nov 19, 2010.

1. SidelineScouting

SidelineScouting Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The guys at Sideline Scouting posted their new mock draft tonight. This is our first of the year with complete explanations for all 32 selections.

What do you all think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on your team's pick.

Sideline Scouting - 2011 Mock Draft

2. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I think an OL in first round would be a luxury pick for Green Bay. They have a ton of developing talent to work with, the other tackle position isn't a dire need. I'd like to see them consider Von Miller. The Dline can bring it, the one outside LB can bring it, I think the one missing piece to a number 1 defense is that pick.
    I know alot of people would like to see a running back, I just don't think it's as bad as lots of fans think. Ryan Grant will be back and with the zone blocking scheme, we can use a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I don't see anybody jumping off the page for a first round pick at running back in this draft. If Ingram falls however, I dont doubt for a second they'd snag him. The reason the Skins like him in their ZBS would be the same reason we'd like him.

3. Moshtradamus

Moshtradamus Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    IMO an OT in the 1st round isnt going to spring us to the next level. Sure Clifton is getting older but hes playing great football this year. Buluga will probably maintain the RT position and theres still TJ Lang going into his 3rd year. Im not saying we should ignore the position but going there in the 1st round will leave many voids.

Colledge hasnt performed consistent since hes gotten here and IMO is the weakest link of the offensive line. I would love to draft Mike Pouncey, Steelers Center Maurkice Pouncey's borther. Hes an athletic lineman who can also play the C. We would have one of the better offensive lines in the league.

Another option is Ryan Williams. Hes very explosive and compliments Grant well. Im still holding out on Starks though. Give Starks the rest of this season and a training camp and he'll be decent. Still Williams is an option.

Von Miller is probably where Im leaning right now as far as what I want the most. Hes a little undersized but hes extremely fast and would make a great blind side rusher to compliment Matthews. With Matthews being double teamed as often as he has and the lack of pass rush from the opposite side Miller would probably see single teams and I dont know of an offensive lineman fast enough to catch Miller off the edge. Hes also good in coverage and has experience in the 3-4.

4. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    idk about the redskins picking up ingram at pick 14. running back is the least of their worrys.
    and why not grab an offensive lineman. improving the o-line could only advance our offense more

5. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Rodgers2Finley4TDs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    20th pick? :unsure:

Get........the..............****............out!

• Like Like x 2
  6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    No JJ Watt in the 1st round and were picking 20th? Cant take this seriously

7. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Falcons winning the superbowl huh?

8. PackisBack

PackisBack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Pick 20 means we didn't even make the playoffs doesn't it?