Sideline Scouting 7-Round Mock

SidelineScouting

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello, just wanted to pass along that Sideline Scouting has just completed its first 7-Round Mock for the 2012 NFL Draft. From here on out, all of our mock drafts will be seven rounders. As always, comments and/or constructive criticism is encouraged.

Here's the link: http://sidelinescouting.com/mock/

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael Brockers has some major upside potential and if he's available could be worth the pick assuming the other top pass rushers are gone. I'd take him if none of these are left on the board:

Quentin Coples
Devon Still
Melvin Ingram
Courtney Upshaw
Nick Perry

If all 5 of those are gone which they probably will be. Brockers could be the man. He or Whitney Mercilus, although Mercilus would have to be worked in as an OLB not as a DE probably.

The other alternative if we managed to move up our 1st round draft choice would be to get Dre Kirkpatrick and then someone like Vinny Curry in the 2nd round.

Looks like Woodson may be moving to safety, so we need a good corner, and Kirkpatrick looks like just the guy. He'll go high though.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been on the Kirkpatrick bandwagon for a while now. I love picking him and then Curry if a Flynn trade can be worked out.

Ryan Lindley is not lasting until the 6th round nor is Ronnie Hillman lasting until the 7th. This mock draft hates SDSU for some reason.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been on the Kirkpatrick bandwagon for a while now. I love picking him and then Curry if a Flynn trade can be worked out.

Ryan Lindley is not lasting until the 6th round nor is Ronnie Hillman lasting until the 7th. This mock draft hates SDSU for some reason.

Janoris Jenkins' stock went way up after the Senior Bowl. Some are calling him the #1 corner over Kirkpatrick and Claiborne. Off the field issues are the problem with him. He may be available later in the 1st round.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My second stab at a mock draft.

If we can move up in the 1st round:

# ?: Janoris Jenkins CB, No. Alabama
#60: Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall
#91: Marcus Forston, DT, Miami; or Brandon Washington, OG, Miami

If we stay as is:

#28: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU or Whitney Mercilus OLB, Il if Brockers is gone
#60: Jayron Hosley, CB, Va. Tech
#91: Brandon Washington, OG, Miami

Some are now projecting Michael Brockers to go much higher whereas Quenton Coples stock dropped a bit. I wouldn't mind ending up with Coples :) All in all what it means that is there's gonna be someone at OLB/DL of the caliber of Brockers, Coples, Upshaw, Perry, Mercilus available at #28.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts