Shut Rodgers down?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no Adams today for Rodgers to throw today. just a bunch of guys he's not comfortable with (except Cobb). might as well set Rodgers down. if not he might break the 60 sack threshold today. lol

Last edited:

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not happy Rodgers got concussed but a big "I told ya so" as far as this thread is concerned feels pretty good. Good thing he got those extra reps in though....

D

Deleted member 6794

Not happy Rodgers got concussed but a big "I told ya so" as far as this thread is concerned feels pretty good. Good thing he got those extra reps in though....

I'm quite sure Rodgers wouldn't have been diagnosed with a concussion in a meaningful game.

It's mind-boggling that some fans prefer to be right about some stuff than the team doing well :rolleyes:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope your life is better for it lol

Anybody really think he was “concussed”. Or just taken out?

and if he really did have a concussion, he's done in this league and we're in big trouble. Sleep well with that LOL

Northwoods

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on, there’s a concussion protocol in the NFL. I’m fairly certain the league isn’t going to allow phantom concussions. If Green Bay wanted to pull Rodgers out of a meaningless game, they would just pull him. It does no good to stick a concussion label on sitting him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Come on, there’s a concussion protocol in the NFL. I’m fairly certain the league isn’t going to allow phantom concussions. If Green Bay wanted to pull Rodgers out of a meaningless game, they would just pull him. It does no good to stick a concussion label on sitting him.

The concussion protocol is far from perfect. Rodgers playing another two series after "suffering" a concusssion and telling Philbin that he was OK immediately after the sack tells me he would have stayed on the field in a meaningful game.

Packfan123451

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any chance they just pulled him and slapped the concussion protocol label on him so that he didn't have to talk to the media? saw that theory on twitter i think

D

Deleted member 6794

Any chance they just pulled him and slapped the concussion protocol label on him so that he didn't have to talk to the media? saw that theory on twitter i think

I think Bakhtiari not being close to 100% factored into the Packers shutting Rodgers down.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt that the league will object if a team errs on the side of caution.
A team can pull their QB out for pretty much any reason. The league certainly isn’t going to question it simply because they say he may have had a concussion. Doing the opposite is where they may get into trouble. Playing a guy with a possible concussion will certainly raise questions.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are alot of you thinking Rogers isn't the QBoF for Green Bay? I honestly think the Rogers lost to the Cards on purpose knowing the loss would get MM fired. They just weren't clicking anymore were they...

D

Deleted member 6794

Are alot of you thinking Rogers isn't the QBoF for Green Bay? I honestly think the Rogers lost to the Cards on purpose knowing the loss would get MM fired. They just weren't clicking anymore were they...

Anyone suggesting Rodgers losing on purpose doesn't know a whole lot about him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Those that think Rodgers as held out just cuz?

What if he was taken to a hospital to be evaluated?

D

Deleted member 6794

Andre Rison was a great receiver. I was baffled that he was not on the team the next year.

While everyone remembers Rison catching a long touchdown pass to open the scoring in Super Bowl XXXI you have to realize that he caught only 20 passes in eight total games with the Packers and was a locker room cancer everywhere he went.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he had a great career in Atlanta. Really great. I had the feeling all along that Brett stayed away from him a bit. Anyway, could have used him against Denver. Cancer seems a strong word. But I don't really know.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those that think Rodgers as held out just cuz?

What if he was taken to a hospital to be evaluated?
Then we’re in trouble, because he didn’t take any hits he won’t see every single week in the nfl. Yes he helmet came off as someone slide over the top of him but the contact wasn’t particularly forceful.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Then we’re in trouble, because he didn’t take any hits he won’t see every single week in the nfl. Yes he helmet came off as someone slide over the top of him but the contact wasn’t particularly forceful.
It was reported after the game as a knee to the head.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn’t see second half, so I didn’t see or hear their commentary on what happened. But I don’t remember anything that stood out when Rodgers was in that made me think it was going to leave a mark. I have been known to miss things however.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I definitely don’t follow Rodgers’ personal life .... but Olivia?
reference to Olivia Munn.....Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson.....3 people who if he thought were actually at the game......he would be concussed. OK, ,maybe TT was there?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
reference to Olivia Munn.....Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson.....3 people who if he thought were actually at the game......he would be concussed. OK, ,maybe TT was there?
Ok gotcha now... I was just thinking if he wasn’t already concussed... that if he mentioned Olivia ...Danica might do it for him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ok gotcha now... I was just thinking if he wasn’t already concussed... that if he mentioned Olivia ...Danica might do it for him.
I have suffered 2 concussions "in my day" and both times, all I could remember were old memories. I was asked who the President of the United States was and all I could come up with was "Richard Nixon" and that was in the 90's.:geek:

Members online

Latest posts