Should we go after TO for a year or two

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Walker unhappy a need for a playmaking WR is there. Now this is probably not going to happen but should Green Bay sign TO to a 1 or 2 year deal.

High risk high reward but if Dallas does back out of the TO chase this could be the one signing that the offense needs to get us at least back to being respectable.

Again this is just speculation TO is expected to be released today

HitzlikeCecil26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO could be had for cheap today b/c he is hrs away from being released

Oh yeah i forgot he and the his devil of an agent are allow to pick and chose where they play

No way forget TO and his bag of distractions

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't see TO being a distraction where ever he goes next year. He'll sign a short term deal and if he does similar things as he did last year then he's not going to get a pay day ever. I think for a year or two he would make a lot of sense.

Eric Moulds would be a solid signing as well though. Good point bring him up.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends. If Favre is back for a year or two yes. If not, stay away. I think Brett is one of the few in the NFL that can keep T.O. in line.

HitzlikeCecil26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about it like this
WR's love thier numbers RIGHT?

Well what big name WR would even think about signing here with out know who the QB is?

With no verbal from Favre no big name guy (or at least no one who could replace J walk) will sign in GB

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, let me preface this by saying that if you were to ask me this a year ago, I would have said "no way" for a hundred reasons with #1 being his attitude.

Today, I will take the heat and say "sign him". I know I will take some slack for this but do have my reasons ( please keep in mind I can't stand his attitude at present ).

The Bottom line is I think his release from Philly was his final "Wake up call" and he knows it. The man has been a cancer on two teams but even TO must realize at this point that if he wants to salvage what is left of his reputation, it is time to "just play football". Like him or not, we all know he can play.

TO reminds me of Randy Moss ( I could not stand his attitude either ) but one year after being booted from the Vikings, it seems as if he has matured ( we have not heard a peep this last season ).

I could be wrong but it seems that some of these players need a nasty wake up call before they turn the attitude around and I would be willing to bet that the next stop for TO ( as much as I have disliked him in the past ) will be of great benefit to that team.

Flame away, you heard it here first , TO will be a changed high impact player for the next team he signs with. Amazing but true !!!

Cheers !!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HitzlikeCecil26 said:
Think about it like this
WR's love thier numbers RIGHT?

Well what big name WR would even think about signing here with out know who the QB is?

With no verbal from Favre no big name guy (or at least no one who could replace J walk) will sign in GB

ORRRR....Brett wouldn't think about coming back without a couple major weapons. I think signing T.O. may give Favre the chubby he's been looking for. He has NEVER thrown to a wideout with T.O.'s talent.

Sounds like a catch(pun intended)-22 to me.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he'd consider coming here, go for it.

His next contract will be a short term deal with plenty of incentives in it, so he'll have to be a good boy if he ever expects to cash in again. Would be a good risk to take. Look at his first year in Philly. He was unstoppable.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If this happens, yes.

Brett commits to two years. TO Sign's a hugely incentive laiden contract based attitude and performance with a commitment clause that states if he refuses to play under current contract he is to repay the Packers double his contract with interest.

If that doesn't happen, no.

Basically with Brett and the right contract I'd make a go for him. With Aaron as our QB we don't need a headache at WR slowing down his mature process into a solid QB.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say sign him.
We definately have the money, we definately have the need,sign him to a contract that guarantees him 3 million, then add incentives that would pay off another 4-5 million, if he stayed healthy, and if he kept his and his agents mouth shut. 7-8 million a year for 2 years for the best wide receiver in the game is cheap.

Give him a two year deal, and tell him Brett is the boss on and off the field. I too think Brett would come back if he had Owens, Driver, and a revitalized Ferguson to throw to.

I remember when Carson Palmer signed with The Bengals there was a clause in his contract that he was not allowed to say anything negative about the organization, if he did he would not get his bonus money.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
It depends. If Favre is back for a year or two yes. If not, stay away. I think Brett is one of the few in the NFL that can keep T.O. in line.

I am with you Depack... Question here is : WIll TO be willing to play for the vets minimum ??? Je,je,je.

Bring him we need to make a point here "yes we want to win right now, and yes we will do our best to build a better team" but this must be said and done by TT

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Bring him we need to make a point here "yes we want to win right now, and yes we will do our best to build a better team" but this must be said and done by TT"

Could not agree more Chamuko. This could be the move that gets players wanting to sign because they know we are serious !!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
"Bring him we need to make a point here "yes we want to win right now, and yes we will do our best to build a better team" but this must be said and done by TT"

Could not agree more Chamuko. This could be the move that gets players wanting to sign because they know we are serious !!!

I mean no disrespect to the Legend White, but maybe this could swing things in the Packers favor such as the signing of Reggie White.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

I mean no disrespect to the Legend White, but maybe this could swing things in the Packers favor such as the signing of Reggie White.

The difference was that White was the most sought after free agent ever and is a well-respected hall of famer. T.O. is a malcontent and the only thing people are really wondering about is which team will hold its nose and take a chance on the guy.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your right TOPackerfan but I really think the risk is minimul in comparison to the potential rewards such as letting Brett and other players know we are planning on being a serious contender. What do you think ?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Zero2Cool said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

The difference was that White was the most sought after free agent ever and is a well-respected hall of famer. T.O. is a malcontent and the only thing people are really wondering about is which team will hold its nose and take a chance on the guy.

The positive that I was referring to would be it would show the Packers want to win and win now. It could also play in to the hands of Brett coming back. With a defense that greatly overachieved last year and an offense that was decimated with injuries it would be attractive for many free agents. If I remember correctly we only lost a few games by more than 7 points.

Mind you TO is a good friend of JW which that could also persuade JW to **** and play.

Driver, TO and JW ... even rodgers can throw up 35 TD's with that trio. Throw in Gado and Green with Franks ... C'mon anyone who claims a Packer fan has to like the possibilities.

Defensively, we get say Mario in the draft (we need lots of luck for that right now) and LB who can contribute heavily and the Packers are right there in the thick of things.

Remember the Steelers won the SB while being a Wild Card team.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
TOPackerFan said:
Zero2Cool said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

The positive that I was referring to would be it would show the Packers want to win and win now. It could also play in to the hands of Brett coming back. With a defense that greatly overachieved last year and an offense that was decimated with injuries it would be attractive for many free agents. Mind you TO is a good friend of JW which that could also persuade JW to **** and play.

Driver, TO and JW ... even rodgers can throw up 35 TD's with that trio. Throw in Gado and Green with Franks ... C'mon anyone who claims a Packer fan has to like the possibilities.

Defensively, we get say Mario in the draft (we need lots of luck for that right now) and LB who can contribute heavily and the Packers are right there in the thick of things.

Remember the Steelers won the SB while being a Wild Card team.

Exactly Z2C

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I don't see TT as the type of GM who would make this move based on his conservitive approach anyways so I think we are all just kidding ourselves ( Big Sigh Here ) !!!

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
But I don't see TT as the type of GM who would make this move based on his conservitive approach anyways so I think we are all just kidding ourselves ( Big Sigh Here ) !!!

Which is too bad because this team could've turned itself around with some solid free agents and draft picks. I'm not ready to throw TT off the cliff yet, but he hasn't done anything to give us fans any hope either.

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO did say in an inteview with Michael Irvin that he believed if Brett Favre was the QB of Philly, that they would've been winning at that time. Apparently he's high on Favre... if Favre returns.

Of course he was also "good friends" with and high on McNabb before moving to Philly. Oh well, such is life!

(My vote is No, but the Pack is only my second favorite team so I'd rather him go to GB as opposed to Carolina)

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, maybe i'm just panicking but i'm beginning to think...

T.O. + incentive/attitude laden contract = a good thing!!!

i can't believe i'm saying this because i am totally anti-T.O. but if we don't start moving & spending some of this money, we're gonna get screwed out of the best players!!!

ok, it's official...i'm panicking!!!!! :help:

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
absolutely go after him. they really need some help right now and with javon acting the way he is I would say this could be a good move.

Members online

Latest posts