Should we go after TO for a year or two

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
I watched with great enjoyment watching this guy tear apart the Eagles single-handedly. But i've been thinking--If this team has one run left in it (which would require favre back, obviously)...we have a last place schedule this year, play the NFC West, the jets, the saints, some other bad teams

And you've gotta begin to realize that TO doesnt have that many chances left, I know he's over 30, has a horrid reputation, and maybe he'll start to shape up. Notice how he's remained quiet all through Philly releasing him this week. Also, you can see what TO can do for a team when he was playing. The Eagles never had the team makeup to go to the super bowl, until they had TO. He's a go-to reciever, possession to move the chains...his catch and runs which turn into 20 and 40 yard touchdowns change the game around entirely. His celebration antics energize the crowd--as long as you keep him happy

Considering no one else is biting, I think he is worth a shot ona one or two year deal

Now that's what I'm talking about! Javon......anyone that watches him week in and week out would take the gamble. I think it is safe to say he WON'T end up in Minnesota with Childress :lol: :lol:

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Now that's what I'm talking about! Javon......anyone that watches him week in and week out would take the gamble. I think it is safe to say he WON'T end up in Minnesota with Childress :lol: :lol:

not quite 'anyone'...if there are teams with something to lose, say a team that's a super bowl contender, I dont think Owens is worth it as much...but if you're a team who needs some help, I say go for it...Owens can take us from what I think is an 8-8 (approx) team right now, to challenging for the division, and deeper in the NFC playoffs. We need some linebacking and secondary help too, but Owens would change the makeup of this team, and would convince the fanbase that we're in it to win it

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I wouldn't touch him if I were the Colts but what have we got to lose for the next year or two.

Imagine Brett behind center in a 3 wideout set. Owens, Walker and Driver.

Damn....I think I just wet myself!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
DePack said:

not quite 'anyone'...if there are teams with something to lose, say a team that's a super bowl contender, I dont think Owens is worth it as much...but if you're a team who needs some help, I say go for it...Owens can take us from what I think is an 8-8 (approx) team right now, to challenging for the division, and deeper in the NFC playoffs. We need some linebacking and secondary help too, but Owens would change the makeup of this team, and would convince the fanbase that we're in it to win it

Agreed ( only because I think we will see a matured TO ) :wink:

Reaction score
I think DePack and J-Walk084 are right on, I mean that is a formidable line up. The thing I have about signing T.O. is that he wants long term big money, which I WOULDN'T give. I'd rather see him get a one year incentive laden deal, or possibly a long term contract that has a huge roster bonus due in the 2nd year, which the Packers will never give thus making the long term contract a one year deal (much like Drew Brees's deal with the Saints).

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether GB is a viable Suoper Bowl long shoy or not does not change the equation. T.O. has already left two teams in a shambles and now you think he would be an attractive addition to GB's receiving corps? No way Jose! Even if Btrett were to treturn what kind of relationship would he have wiith an individual that used his own ego to insist on changing the rules just because the idiot can catch a ball. I'm sure that GB can find enough WR's to be competitive; especially if the offensiove team eliminates all the mistakes and has some upfield thrust from running gameand the defense begins to have a healthy turn-over ration providing the offense with shorter field position and, of course it would also be advantageous to have some form of special team play. All that means is GB does NOT NEED T.O. PERIOD!!!!

Reaction score
chibiabos said:
Whether GB is a viable Suoper Bowl long shoy or not does not change the equation. T.O. has already left two teams in a shambles and now you think he would be an attractive addition to GB's receiving corps? No way Jose! Even if Btrett were to treturn what kind of relationship would he have wiith an individual that used his own ego to insist on changing the rules just because the idiot can catch a ball. I'm sure that GB can find enough WR's to be competitive; especially if the offensiove team eliminates all the mistakes and has some upfield thrust from running gameand the defense begins to have a healthy turn-over ration providing the offense with shorter field position and, of course it would also be advantageous to have some form of special team play. All that means is GB does NOT NEED T.O. PERIOD!!!!

Hey buddy, nice to see you post! Don't be afraid to post more often. If english isn't your first language, no need to worry. We all make mistakes now and then. Just remember to take your time typing up a post, and to not rush things. That way your post will be read, and people will be more open to respond to it.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
From nfl.com:

"Owens also annoyed the Eagles by breaking the dress code on road trips, parking in coaches' spots at the team's practice facility and sleeping through one team meeting, not bringing his playbook to another and refusing to open the playbook at another meeting."

Obviously he would be an awesome addition to the team! :crazy:

What a joke... Favre flirts with retirement and some of you want to sign a complete turd just to (hopefully) put off the inevitable for one more season.

I would much rather see Favre retire than see the Pack sign a malcontent who's track record for team spirit, discipline and responsibility is something less than abysmal. Haven't you all learned from San Fran's and Philly's experiances with this idiot? Do you honestly think Favre would want to finish his career babysitting a know-it-all primadonna who will undoubtedly question his leadership each and every week?

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is football and it's not the 1950/60's anymore....

Choirboys with "moral fibre" who go to church and wear suits with narrow ties are a thing of the past....

(Hell..you're going to tell me that Horning and McGee were "choirboys"..???)

This is football and you need talent to win today......

Not some outmoded idea of "character".....

(As long as the player does his job...keeps his nose relatively clean...and helps the team....that's all that matters.....)

It seems some of you guys would rather have "mediocre" talent with "character" then true, legitimate...superstars....that's kind of the problem with Green BAy...in my mind...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sure do..

(and I know nothing is better for it then scoring beaucoup touchdown's and whipping the other team's ***....very demoralizing to the other team too..!!!)

Personally, I think that TO hasn't had a QB that he respects and who is good enough to get him the ball when he's open....Believe it or not...he could even be better...and would be better with Brett Favre tossin' him the rock...Plus if Favre got in his face and said "Just play TO..I'm not going to take ANY ****...." TO would respect that because he likes to push the boundaries...and if you cave or **** out...like McNabb did..then that's it...

it's called havin' a pair of pelotas...my friend...and Favre has them....!!

I'll tell you one thing...if he signs with the Cowboys..the Tuna will have him in shape and you won't believe all the TD's he and Glenn will have this year getting the ball from Bledsoe...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
...Plus if Favre got in his face and said "Just play TO..I'm not going to take ANY ****...." TO would respect that because he likes to push the boundaries...

You really do believe that, don't you?

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For great things to be acomplished risk has to be taken. We get him and favre comes back and we have a great things can happen. Worst case is he comes has a fit, we get rid of him in a year, then keep rebuilding. This gamble is worth the risk, especially if we can get Favre back for another year. Think how good this really could be.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW WOW P@ck66 you are just a plain *Edited by AADP - no need for name calling. why in hell would we want a cancer in our lockeroom

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
(As long as the player does his job...keeps his nose relatively clean...and helps the team....that's all that matters.....)

It seems some of you guys would rather have "mediocre" talent with "character" then true, legitimate...superstars....that's kind of the problem with Green BAy...in my mind...

So, you feel a guy who constantly violates team rules, sleeps through meetings, refuses to look at the playbook, tells the coach to go f**k himself in front of other players in practice, is over the top with his "me first" attitude and publically ridicules the coach, team and organization on his weekly radio show not only would be an asset to the Packers, but would have been tolerated by Lombardi in his day because he can catch a football passed 40 yards into double coverage? :roll:

You really don't know anything about football, do you?

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doesnt matter now....

Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys
( Air Date: 3/16/2006 )
Sources within the Dallas Cowboys have told the KLBK-13 Sports Department that the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

Owens was ran out of Philadelphia after bad-mouthing the Eagles organization and quarterback Donovan McNabb last season. Owens is also remembered for taunting the Dallas Cowboys and its fans on the "Texas Stadium Star" while he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago.

Owens enters his 11th season in the NFL, and will play on his third
team in four years.

Reaction score
Anubis said:
So, you feel a guy who constantly violates team rules, sleeps through meetings, refuses to look at the playbook, tells the coach to go f**k himself in front of other players in practice, is over the top with his "me first" attitude and publically ridicules the coach, team and organization on his weekly radio show not only would be an asset to the Packers, but would have been tolerated by Lombardi in his day because he can catch a football passed 40 yards into double coverage?

Actually If TO was to be caoched by Lombardi, I believe he would have become one hell of a player and even a model citizen! :shock:

Members online

Latest posts