Should we be worried about Orton,Benson and Da Bears (oh my)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions seem to be going nowhere, even though they have talent.

The Vikings improved on defense but recently lost Randy "Packer Killer" Moss and their starting pro bowl center(to injury). They will choke as usual.

But what about the bears? Benson should be a good RB, their oline is improved. Their defense will finish in the top ten. Should we be worried? If this Orton kid is halfway decent, they could probably contend in the North.

What do you thnk? worried? why not?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no NFL experience for a QB means learning on the job and making a ton of mistakes along the way..that offense doesn't really worry me too much. the addition of Mushin will probably be the most effective one. the Benson pick was a strange one imo...i feel confident they'll be bringing up the rear this year.

anybody whos counting out the Lions on the basis of that Rams beating is getting way ahead of themselves. i dont think they'll take the division, but im pretty confident that they'll be much more competetive this year.

the Vikings concern me for obvious reasons. im glad Tice is still employed...hopefully they can keep up the tradition of a late season collapse. im not sure if i see it happening with that soft schedule they lucked into this year.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im a big 'dont take too much stock in preseason' but...harrington has just looked awful, and that talented offense is just NOT clicking...no touchdowns from harrington. NONE. ZIP. NADA...id be more worried if i were a lions fan than packers fan.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and the Packers have scored 20 points this offseason, and their run game has been non-existent. If you're blowing off the lions and bears because of ugly preseason play, shouldn't you be doing the same for the Pack?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
...no touchdowns from harrington. NONE. ZIP. NADA...

yeah i noticed that. before that last game i think he had one incompletion in two games...so i wouldn't call his preseason a complete failure, despite zero TD's being thrown. besides, the knock on him has always been that hes hot and cold. he'll be impressive one week and downright awful the next.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Sean Salisbury SP? was saying he thinks Orton was the QB of the draft. EEEK I hope he's wrong!!

THis is a classic example of why I despise Sean Salisbury. I understand that most analysts flip flop to some degree, but few do it as much, and as quickly as Sean does. Sean is saying this because Orton, currently, is the hottest rookie qb...well pin a rose on your nose Sean...Alex Smith, or someone is eventually going to step up, and then they will become Sean's qb of the draft...

As long as I'm whinning about analysts that I despise....MADDEN :wall:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packers were playing with a shuffled o line though. they might have played with the '2005 regulase season starting offensive line' maybe..one series?

Detroit's situation was all set up. not as much shuffling as GB. so yeah, i can write them off...but im not. im just saying, they wont be as effective as i thought.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we have to worry this year, but the Bears are steadily building a solid team. I'm not an Orton fan, but if they get lucky with him they will be a contender shortly. Then our best hope is that the McCasky's are the owners. :mrgreen:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
I don't think we have to worry this year, but the Bears are steadily building a solid team. I'm not an Orton fan, but if they get lucky with him they will be a contender shortly. Then our best hope is that the McCasky's are the owners. :mrgreen:

They are going in the right direction. The D is playoff ready right now and they have a very solid running game. All Orton has to do is not make a lot of killer mistakes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts