1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Should we be at all concerned about the Bills secondary?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by YouFrgotPoland, Sep 17, 2010.

1. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    I think most of us are already chalking Sunday's game up as an easy win, and it very well could prove to be. But we CANNOT forget about Tampa Bay last year. Things can happen on any given Sunday. That being said, it is the Bills. Their offense is just bad, and our D should be able to handle them easily... oooo especially if Mike Neal gets on the field, oh how I want to see that... Anyway... And our offense SHOULD point up points, we should be able to run the ball all over the place. However, if there is one strength the Bills have it is their secondary. They have a deep and talented secondary that might be one of the few that can match up with our deep receiving core. We all know that Rodgers can tear up any D on a normal day for him. I like to think that I have great faith that he is going to bounce back from last week and put up some good numbers this week. But is anyone perhaps worried that Buffalo's secondary could cause problems if Rodgers has flashbacks of last week? Apparently it is Buffalo's defense's goal to keep all their opponents to under 200 passing yards this year. I was just reading a Packer blog challenging Rodgers to surpass that by halftime. So what is everyone's take here?

2. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Tampa was a fluke.

3. randymoonsthepacks

randymoonsthepacks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Grant's injury could really play a part in this game as the Bills have a really under rated secondary. If they can force a turnover or two, the game could turn around with the Packers playing from behind. Spiller always has the threat to take it to the house, and Fred Jackson is a solid back.

All in all, this should be an easy victory for GB but I don't think an upset is impossible.

4. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Agreed. Their running backs in the open field = problems. Luckily, their O-line is the shits, and we can stack the box and still cover their receiver(s) (lee Evans only good one, maybe parish) If we stack Woodson on Lee, and Williams on Parish then Trent won't throw the ball. Stack the house and we keep their rushing to a minimal.

As you guys are saying, a couple picks and their defense keeps them in the game. That's how they went 6-10 last year. I won't be surprised if Fitz makes an appearence too, which could upset our position of stacking the box. All in All we are the better team, but they do have enough offensive weapons to get the job done, just lack the Online to protect them.

5. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Well, look at what happened when Chicago was taking Detroit pretty light last week!

6. Big Dan

Big Dan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    I think in this day and age, you have to be somewhat concerned with every aspect of every team. Parity being what it is, there are very few "gimmes" anymore. That being said, I'd like to believe that last weeks quasi-struggles against Philly will remind them not to take the Bills too lightly. There's nothing at all wrong with a little hunger and a little humility.

7. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    The only thing I think the Pack need to be "concerned" with is the ST's in this game.
    Punt it OUT OF BOUNDS AND try and cover kickoffs.....

other than that... should be a blow out

34-13

8. YoungSinema

YoungSinema Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow. I expected you guysto be bashing us. Honestly, I don't feel like we have a chance on Sunday. I just came to this board to read what the Packers' fans had to say about the Bills. I have much more respect for you guys and good luck on Sunday. I hope you lose, but I know you won't. LOL

9. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    You forget, the Bears are awful.

10. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +850
    "Gimme games" always scare me. I don't forsee any problems with the Bills. The offense lacks quality receivers and tight ends. The front seven of the defense is bad. Green Bay should win by 14 points or more.

The parallels to last year are scary though.

Packers were 1-0 and a 9.5 point favorite vs. Cincy. Cincy mopped the floor with the Packers.

Packers are 1-0 and a 13 point favorite vs. Buffalo.

11. packerfan1441

packerfan1441 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't think the Packers will let the supposed huge advantage get to their head. They tend to play one game at a time, I see them focusing on trying to put the game away early.

12. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah, I'm still shocked how Cincy manhandled us last year. I don't know much about the Bills. Guess I should read up on them, but then again, I'm too lazy.

I just hope we go to 2-0. Would suck hard to lose the home opener at Lambeau.

I kind of expect the Bills to be up for the game because of the SB hype. I think when your playing a contender, you always will step up your game to try to see how you measure up.

13. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    We only bash teams like the Vikings and the Bears and the Cowboys. Also, I dont know about others but I love to bash the Patriots Colts and the Jets but that is about it. All the other teams I can some what stand.

14. chucknorris101

Ratings:
    +35
    i thought the bashing was implied :p

really ill be disappointed if we dont win by 3 TDs

15. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +850
    Agreed. This should be a game you don't worry about it.

With that said, I'm hoping MM can keep this team fired up.

16. chucknorris101

Ratings:
    +35
    INCLUDING THE 4TH QUARTER! Michael McCarthy im looking at YOU

17. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +850
    WOW... I thought I was the only guy who only liked MM for 3 quarters. His ultraconservative fourth quarter play calling is horrendous. I had watching GB turn into a "carry up the middle three times and punt" team.

Watch out Chuck, we may take some heat for this one.

18. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    The Bills offense is so inept, that while I think Rodgers will have a average game at best, he'll just get too many opportunities in the long run.

Packers normally start off slow, however. Even that 10-1 year they were much better in the 2nd half than those defensive struggles in the first half of the season.

19. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    i feel the bills have talent but d-line will be able to hold them clay will be in edwards face a lot,granted never take a game as a gimmie then you get too relaxed,think they learned that from last year,i see a win.

20. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I expect our D to make some big plays and maybe save the day if it gets close. I dont think the Bills have faced this many quality receivers and one gifted TE last season, so maybe we can exploit the depth of the secondary.

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Oh and lets have Woodson run all over the field to make plays since Buffalo has only 1 quality WR (lee evans).

22. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I would love for the Packers to use this game to scare the rest of the league at how good we are, but I don't think its the right moment to do that. The Eagles game was a nicely fought victory, and steam rolling the Bills may just make the team too cocky. May the Bills enjoy Lambeau and lose there too.

23. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    The biggest point that no one has made here is that sure, the bills have a very good secondary, but it really doesn't matter without any pass rush. The Bills do not have a pass rush, and we all know how accurate Aaron can be and how deadly he is when he has time. That said I expect there to be no problems Sunday (if our line holds) and I expect it to be a blowout.

Packers 38
    Bills 10

24. The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope Our O Line holds. If Arron has time to make a play he will kill any Teams D ( Providing he has time )

25. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    IMHO yes we should be concerned. They are really good. Do not expect Rodgers and co to put up huge numbers.

OF course, given the quality of our passing O, and the fact that we're at home, I don't expect "struggles" per se, but there won't be big numbers...