Should They Pull the Trigger?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what we saw in the pre-season, does everyone think we had the kind of pressure that took the heat off the secondary?

We didn't run any schemes. Hell, we didn't even line up in a base package. The defensive goal in preseason was to see who could get pressure on the line just going man to man, and who could tackle well. That's it. Don't read too much into what you saw in preseason.

Rutnstrut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When it comes to free agents TT is totally without sack, so this discusion is pretty much pointless. Please no one bring up Woodson either he really had no where else good to go.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When it comes to free agents TT is totally without sack, so this discusion is pretty much pointless. Please no one bring up Woodson either he really had no where else good to go.

Heh, ok.

FA signings off the top of my head THIS YEAR:

Chad Clifton
Mark Tauscher
Nick Collins
Ryan Pickett
Brandon Chillar

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most I'd give for Revis is a #2 and Tramon Williams. And Revis would have to lower the $160M he wants. So basically, I wouldn't expect myself to pull it.

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Brad Jones more than most but I still wonder how much of his success as a rookie was being familiar with the 3-4 from Colorado or if he really can make an improvement this year. The points about the vanilla defense and letting the guys go man on man is all incredibly relevant. Week one against Kolb, I expect to see a lot of "things" flying at the kid. I'm still going to be worried if we really have a UDFA playing nickel corner.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. 4 year $40M something with $30 M+ guaranteed and an option for 3 more years.

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm...no crazy Al Davis money. Listening to All Night with Jason Smith on ESPN but they hadn't announced the numbers yet and didn't care enough to look it up. That's a pretty fair contract IMO.

Members online