1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Should They Pull the Trigger?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Croak, Sep 1, 2010.

1. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    I want to see a trade of D Lee + Olineman for a good corner

2. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    We didn't run any schemes. Hell, we didn't even line up in a base package. The defensive goal in preseason was to see who could get pressure on the line just going man to man, and who could tackle well. That's it. Don't read too much into what you saw in preseason.

3. Rutnstrut

Rutnstrut Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When it comes to free agents TT is totally without sack, so this discusion is pretty much pointless. Please no one bring up Woodson either he really had no where else good to go.

4. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    We've been getting some inquiries with our linemen. Also Baltimore released Travis Fisher today. I admittedly don't know much about him, but the stats looked ok until recently.

Travis Fisher

5. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Heh, ok.

FA signings off the top of my head THIS YEAR:

Chad Clifton
    Mark Tauscher
    Nick Collins
    Ryan Pickett
    Brandon Chillar

6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Oh, and Woodson. =)

7. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Most I'd give for Revis is a #2 and Tramon Williams. And Revis would have to lower the $160M he wants. So basically, I wouldn't expect myself to pull it.

8. normsizedmidget

normsizedmidget Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I like Brad Jones more than most but I still wonder how much of his success as a rookie was being familiar with the 3-4 from Colorado or if he really can make an improvement this year. The points about the vanilla defense and letting the guys go man on man is all incredibly relevant. Week one against Kolb, I expect to see a lot of "things" flying at the kid. I'm still going to be worried if we really have a UDFA playing nickel corner.

9. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Doesn't matter anyways.. Revis and the Jets agreed on an extension and Revis is back with the team.

10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yup. 4 year $40M something with $30 M+ guaranteed and an option for 3 more years.

11. normsizedmidget

normsizedmidget Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Hmm...no crazy Al Davis money. Listening to All Night with Jason Smith on ESPN but they hadn't announced the numbers yet and didn't care enough to look it up. That's a pretty fair contract IMO.