Should the Packers trade Favre?

Should the Packers trade Brett Favre?

• Yes - he needs to go to really start the rebuilding process.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - he is a Packer, and it would serve no purpose/I don't want to see him in any other

• They should have traded Favre in the off-season.

• Total voters

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Just thought I'd bump this thread for 14 of you.

I said we should trade him cuz I didnt think we'd have much of a team around him for quite some time, and he deserves to play with a good o-line and good running game. Yeah I said it. Sue me. Or better yet...(nevermind)

HOWEVER, the o-lines pass protection is coming along quicker than I expected, and if Favre has time to work, we CAN win games!

Now the run offense needs to be jumpstarted and some better pass defense(PLEASE!) and we can contend weekly.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
HOWEVER, the o-lines pass protection is coming along quicker than I expected, and if Favre has time to work, we CAN win games!

Oh if we could only play Detroit 13 more times.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why? Most of the teams we play have WORSE pass rushes and front 4's than Detroit.

your comment confuses me, sir!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
why? Most of the teams we play have WORSE pass rushes and front 4's than Detroit.

your comment confuses me, sir!

Sorry to confuse. Being in insurance it is in my nature.

I didn't mean to imply that Det had the worst defense in the league. Just that is it bad enough to make a young inexperienced line look pretty good. (Better than what they really are at this point in the season? Perhaps.)

It is only week 3 and overall team stats are certainly not carved into stone.

BUT Det is #24 in overall defense. (29th in pass defense)
There are only a few teams that are on the GB schedule that are worse that Det at this point in time.
SF 25th
AZ 26th
NYJ 30th
all 3 of those teams have been better vs the pass than Det (they are 23,28, 27 in pass defense respectively.)
Since you were speaking about the GB OL and their pass protection that means at this point in time Det has the worst pass defense that GB will see this year. (I know it is early. I didn't mean for this to be a definitive year long statement.)

Also the last time I check GB is in the NFC Norris division so if they are going to play the same team repeatedly let it be someone from their own division.

Besides it was a smart@ss reply and it is not suppose to make sense.
Simply that the line did look good so let's play Det again so we can see the same level of success.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotcha!

ONE of the reasons Detroits pass stats looks so bad IS BECAUSE OF GB! (that will happen with early season stats)

But going in to the game, most of us 'knew' that Detroits front 4 is one of the better ones in the league, and that it would definitely 'test the line.' I liked the outcome. The Vikings front 4\pass rush looked GREAT vs. The Bears this week(week 3) and I am SO ANXIOUS to see how the line\coaches respond to THAT one!

GO PACKERS!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
ONE of the reasons Detroits pass stats looks so bad IS BECAUSE OF GB! (that will happen with early season stats)

GO PACKERS!

Agreed.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell yea, lets trade Favre. 1-15 would be so much fun. Plus we can get a first rounder for him. Then we can have 2 unproven rookies next year leading our team. Just imagine, Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson & Jarret from USC. Cool, then we could win 3 games next season. I like it.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Three 1st rd'ers for him. Then for sure :)

I'd like to see Favre in a Dolphins uniform. Then i could see him 8 times per year. But just imagine him on the Cowboys. That would make me cry. I hate the Cowboys cuz they used to stomp us like roaches in the early 90's.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts