Should the Packers trade Favre?

Should the Packers trade Brett Favre?

• Yes - he needs to go to really start the rebuilding process.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - he is a Packer, and it would serve no purpose/I don't want to see him in any other

• They should have traded Favre in the off-season.

• Total voters

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah they are going to midseason transfer Favre to a new team. He will be able to learn their playbook and get down receiver timings (with guys he's never played with) in a week so he can start their next game... right. Favre isn't going anywhere.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talk about throwing in the towel. I still say we go 12-4, this year. Are you not paying attention to the coaches press conferences? Jags PROMISES we will get the backside blocking down soon and be able to run the ball. We will all say "Oh...it really does work". And you just know with all the money spent on the new defense it's just a matter of time before they dominate.

Anybody that wants to see Favre retire in another uniform should die. That's just what I want to see.....Brett Favre wearing a Buccaneer jersey as he breaks all of Marino's records. For what? A first or second round pick that TT can turn into 8 seventh rounders?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Talk about throwing in the towel. I still say we go 12-4, this year. Are you not paying attention to the coaches press conferences? Jags PROMISES we will get the backside blocking down soon and be able to run the ball. We will all say "Oh...it really does work". And you just know with all the money spent on the new defense it's just a matter of time before they dominate.

Anybody that wants to see Favre retire in another uniform should die. That's just what I want to see.....Brett Favre wearing a Buccaneer jersey as he breaks all of Marino's records. For what? A first or second round pick that TT can turn into 8 seventh rounders?

Correction...that should be 14-2 :D

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
majikman said:
wpr.

Plenty of teams would snatch Favre up in a heartbeat. What are you kidding?

He's still one of the top 5 QB's in the league. Just hasn't had the talent around him in a couple of years. You'll see.

Sorry I guess I wasn't concise. Yes there are teams that would like to have Brett. I think HatestheEagles named most of them. What I was trying to say is they will not give up a high draft pick to acquire him. The most GB would get is a 4-5 round choice for him and GB simply can't make that kind of a deal. Unless when the other team talked to Brett he made some kind of guarantee that he will play for them for 3-4 years.
Why would any team give up a #1 -2 for any player even one as good as Brett if he was only going to be with them for the rest of this year or this year and next season only? And don't say so they can win the Super Bowl b/c most owners don't really care if they make it to the Super Bowl. They are usually more profitable if they can make the playoffs year after year but don't step up and make the big deals that will bring in the high profile - big money players.
The fans and the media are the ones that want to make it to the Super Bowl every year not management.

As far as a top 5 QB? His QB rating makes him 20th. His yards completed puts him at 10th. I love the guy and I am not saying he is an old fart and let's throw him on the scrap heap. Some of it is the supporting cast he plays with, some of it is his age and some of it is Brett has always tried to make the most of out of every opportunity and would make the wrong choice from time to time. His int in the endzone for example. That was mostly his fault. Sure he was pressured. But he didn't try and throw the ball away. He didn't try and tuck it under and run for a yard or two. He tossed it up (off balance) and hoped just for the best.

Correction: Favre stated in the Press room that he indeed was trying to throw it away. He saw Franks (i think) on the back end zone line and was trying to throw it over his head...he got hit as he released it thus, the wounded duck

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it would probally be the best for both parties in a football stance... we could move on with rodgers and brett would go out winning.... BUT it will never happen.

Theres no way to get a fair trade. To us he means our legendary qb and one of our best players currently. he also means TV time, he means jersey sales and more recognition than any other player short of TO could bring this franchise. What do you get in return that equals that?

To another team he is a two year maximum option with diminishing skills. a great chance to help them win 4 more games and become a serious playoff threat. What does the team in question send for that?

i just dont think it could link up. the only realistic option is the Redskins. Because favre is better than brunell and Daniel Snyder is an idiot. and would give whatever we ask, for that much attention and a slight upgrade.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
i just dont think it could link up. the only realistic option is the Redskins. Because favre is better than brunell and Daniel Snyder is an idiot. and would give whatever we ask, for that much attention and a slight upgrade.

"Slight upgrade" to Brunell Packnic?

I'm afraid you've just shown your hand. Favre is more than a slight upgrade to Brunell, and you young pups who learned about football from playing Madden just don't get it.

What other QB could have come into GB last Sunday and thrown for over 300 yards and 3 TD's? All this, with no running game.

Tell me. I'd like to see your list.

You seem to think that QB's grow on trees out there, like TT thinks Offensive Guards do. Favre is worth quite a bit more than a "system guy" who can only take what the Defense gives him and no more. What happens when the defense shuts your guy (Driver) down? Nothing happens. Certainly 300 passing yards doesn't happen. Almost 4,000 passing yards (last year) doesn't happen either.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night on NFL Total Access, Adam Sceffner reported that their is NO WAY Green Bay will trade Favre. In fact they think he might come back next year and they'll welcome him back with open arms if he does.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good. Maybe TT will have the o-line fixed by then and sign another stud FA receiver!

One can only hope!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I say we trade Ferguson and Carroll and a draft pick. 3rd rd or later for Randy Moss. That will make our offense instantly better. It will make our defense better too!!

Are you smoking weed with Willie Nelson or what?

PACKmanN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its time to move on it hurts but we have no choice we need to see Rodgers play becasue we might be able to draft Quinn. Now or never.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKmanN said:
Its time to move on it hurts but we have no choice we need to see Rodgers play becasue we might be able to draft Quinn. Now or never.
After last saturday, I don't want Brady :lol:

Bring on Brian Brohm.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
PACKmanN said:
After last saturday, I don't want Brady :lol:

Bring on Brian Brohm.

Please....you just lost all credibility. Brady will be the first QB taken and probably the first player selected.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Zero2Cool said:
I say we trade Ferguson and Carroll and a draft pick. 3rd rd or later for Randy Moss. That will make our offense instantly better. It will make our defense better too!!

That's extremely offensive and I do not appreciate it one bit.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I don't know that the fans in Lambeau would want to see him there. Isn't that kind of like Dallas bringing T.O in?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
Zero2Cool said:

I don't know that the fans in Lambeau would want to see him there. Isn't that kind of like Dallas bringing T.O in?

I am a fan and very close to Lambeau. Moss is a great talent.

Three positives and one negative.
Lose Ferguson
Lose Carroll
Get a solid WR to compliment Driver (heh like that wording?)

the negative is we lose a draft pick

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
PackerChick said:
Zero2Cool said:

That's extremely offensive and I do not appreciate it one bit.

Im sorry I offended you zero.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
PackFanInSC said:
Zero2Cool said:

I am a fan and very close to Lambeau. Moss is a great talent.

Three positives and one negative.
Lose Ferguson
Lose Carroll
Get a solid WR to compliment Driver (heh like that wording?)

Z I do think this is a valid point you make, the only thing is that in terms of depth we really don't have a ready 3rd CB yet. Ferggy, as I have come to believe lately, is a longshot to ever contribut high numbers, and anyhting more than expecting a 4th WR production out of him is too much (IMHO).

While Moss would make us instantly better (can you imagine Driver/Moss/Jennings/K-Rob), I feel this group might be enough to tempt Brett back for one more year!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Or basically 11 7th rounders

As old as it is now, I still laugh everytime someone says something like this. I guess it's funny 'cause it's true. I wonder if a draft pick was an actual object that you could hold in your hands if TT would take his pants down and stick his...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Z I do think this is a valid point you make, the only thing is that in terms of depth we really don't have a ready 3rd CB yet. Ferggy, as I have come to believe lately, is a longshot to ever contribut high numbers, and anyhting more than expecting a 4th WR production out of him is too much (IMHO).

While Moss would make us instantly better (can you imagine Driver/Moss/Jennings/K-Rob), I feel this group might be enough to tempt Brett back for one more year!

Our passing defense is horrid. I don't see how it gets worse by removing one of the problems. Heck, throw Culver in there for nickel situations?

I try to be positive on Fergy, but I can't anymore. I tried and I jus can't. I've seen him play two games plus his previous years and I jus can't.

I feel that quad of WR would get Brett to stop his ****** subscription, if you know what I mean.

pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Or basically 11 7th rounders

lmao true

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way trade Favre, he is what's right in GB. No need to pick up another WR at this juncture of the season. They will still need to learn the playbooks, timing etc...so they would be ready by the 8th game. I think KR is the answer. When Moss was hurt and KR was the go to guy in Minn, he did a sloid job as he will in GB. Driver/KR/and Jennings, still looks pretty damn good.

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we should trade him. he's playing horribly and definitely not the future of this team. maybe we should send him to a contender like tampa bay so we can see favre go out as a winner... yanno, it'd be best for our organization and best for brett.

he just wasnt having ANY fun out there yesterday.

Members online