Should the Packers trade Favre?

Should the Packers trade Brett Favre?

• Yes - he needs to go to really start the rebuilding process.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - he is a Packer, and it would serve no purpose/I don't want to see him in any other

• They should have traded Favre in the off-season.

• Total voters

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say Yes....

-If we **** another team for draft picks galore and get a lot out of it.

It's pretty evident this isnt a winning team. Favre still has it in him(which was shown by his performance this week, he was awesome).

GB is rebuilding. Favre isn't surrounded by a high level of talent(theres certain areas, but not as a whole), and he should be playing with a winning,competitive team.

I was upset with the Sherman era cuz I felt it wasted a lot of favres years. Then the new regime comes in and HAS to clean up, and one of the people suffering from that is Favre, who still HAS it. So while GB gets its ducks in a row for the next year or 2, Favre should be on another team gunslinging and having fun (winning).

TT is already the most hated GM ever for some reason, so its not like this will hurt his popularity.

People will remember Favre as a Packer. Favre isn't our QB of the future, it appears A-Rod is going to get that nod. So let him play, while Favre continues his awesome starting streak.

Ok, that is all. Don't bash me for hating favre, cuz you couldn't be further from the truth.

I'll definitley not be upset if Gb doesn't though! :D

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hate to see him ride off into the sunset in another uniform. Joe Montana just never looked right in a Chief's uniform.

Plus, I don't think another team would give more than maybe a 4th or 5th rounder for a QB that will only play a couple more years -- and take his time deciding every year. -- Except maybe the Vikes -- where old Packers go to die.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want him to stay to extract a little more revenge for years of pain.

However, GB needs to start the next era, and that is not with Favre.

Has there ever been a situation where a very good player gets traded at the end of his career, AFTER the start of a season? How easily could a player learn a new offense? GB holds the cards if there are a couple of decent teams that really need a QB for this year.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said in an earlier post that I wouldnt blame him if he wanted to be traded. I just cant see it happening, seeing him in different colors, especially in Minn colors. This is hurtful.

I have been saying some things that are inexcusable. Im sorry for ripping on the team like that. I never thought I would go so low. Lets not turn on Brett now.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, can i pick 2 answers??

i think if they were gonna do anything with favre, they should have in the off-season. that would have been a class move on everyone's part but, that's not what happened.

favre came back because of his desire to play in GB & to trade him NOW would be a slap in the face & a kick in the nuts, imo.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I say Yes....

-If we **** another team for draft picks galore and get a lot out of it.

It's pretty evident this isnt a winning team. Favre still has it in him(which was shown by his performance this week, he was awesome).

GB is rebuilding. Favre isn't surrounded by a high level of talent(theres certain areas, but not as a whole), and he should be playing with a winning,competitive team.

I was upset with the Sherman era cuz I felt it wasted a lot of favres years. Then the new regime comes in and HAS to clean up, and one of the people suffering from that is Favre, who still HAS it. So while GB gets its ducks in a row for the next year or 2, Favre should be on another team gunslinging and having fun (winning).

TT is already the most hated GM ever for some reason, so its not like this will hurt his popularity.

People will remember Favre as a Packer. Favre isn't our QB of the future, it appears A-Rod is going to get that nod. So let him play, while Favre continues his awesome starting streak.

Ok, that is all. Don't bash me for hating favre, cuz you couldn't be further from the truth.

I'll definitley not be upset if Gb doesn't though! :D

:agree:

My opinion is that the Packers should trade Favre, but I don't really want them to. :p

So I guess I'll vote yes, but I definitely hope that it doesn't happen.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
favre came back because of his desire to play in GB & to trade him NOW would be a slap in the face & i kick in the nuts, imo.

Is the "i kick" as typo???

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
ok, can i pick 2 answers??

i think if they were gonna do anything with favre, they should have in the off-season. that would have been a class move on everyone's part but, that's not what happened.

favre came back because of his desire to play in GB & to trade him NOW would be a slap in the face & a kick in the nuts, imo.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ooohh frisky talk, eh 4packgirl?

I wouldn't mind a slap in the face or a kick in the nuts...

from you that is..

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my, my, my...***???

now WAIT - i'm gonna get in trouble for getting this off topic - then i'll have to go to AADP's office & take care of uh, well...nm! ;)

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They won't trade Brett. There just isn't a big market for old QB.
If TT wants to get a fresh start the only thing he could do is outright release Brett and let him sign on somewhere as a free agent.
BUT that ain't gonna happen.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr.

Plenty of teams would snatch Favre up in a heartbeat. What are you kidding?

He's still one of the top 5 QB's in the league. Just hasn't had the talent around him in a couple of years. You'll see.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should of in the off season. Why? Green Bay needs to move on with what they are doing and Favre deserves to make one last run whether it's in green and gold or red and white.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
wpr.

He's still one of the top 5 QB's in the league. Just hasn't had the talent around him in a couple of years. You'll see.

Neutral post, but just for kicks...

Teams that would have interest:
Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Jacksonville (if you assume Leftwich gets hurt at least once this season), Washington

Teams that might have interest (should QB controversies persist)
Dallas, Denver

I'm saying there would be a solid market for Favre, but again, my take is if, and only if, Favre explicitly demands a trade...the deadline is week 6, if we're 0-6 maybe talks happen, if we're 3-3 you can't trade him, as long as there's a chance that we're mathematically in the playoff picture i don't want it to happen (I'm not saying we are now, but hypothetically...)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I say we trade Ferguson and Carroll and a draft pick. 3rd rd or later for Randy Moss. That will make our offense instantly better. It will make our defense better too!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Touchy Subject,

I think that "very unfortunately" for the first time, Green Bay and Brett must now look at what is in each other's best interest's in the way of a trade. Brett does not want to look like the bad guy and ask for a trade but TT does not want to look like a bad guy by trading him. Here lies the problem in my opinion.

If we were not in total rebuild mode this thought would never enter my mind as Brett's the best in my opinion. But for the Packers to rebuild faster and Brett to have any possibility of going out on a winning note, I feel this is the only solution that are in "both parties" best interests.

But I don't see it because nobody seems to have the "balls" to make it happen !! Flame on Folks !!!

Of Course, 5 minutes after I posted, I found this piece dated Sept 18,06 :

"NOT PACKING IT IN

At least one other team made a subtle inquiry in trading for Packers quarterback Brett Favre last offseason. The Packers made their stance on trading Favre very clear.

NO WAY!

Their stance is not any different now, during this season, even though Green Bay is off to a disappointing 0-2 start. Green Bay is not trading Favre now, nor ever.

Nor are they expected to bench him for Aaron Rodgers at any point this season. One high-ranking Packers official said the job belongs to Favre -- period. The team, the official insisted, is not even debating when there would be a good time to get Rodgers some work.

And then there's this: The Packers official said the organization isn't convinced this will be Favre's last season, even though many outside the organization expect it to be.

So maybe the Packers are in some denial. But they're calling the shots on Favre. And right now, there are no plans to trade or bench him".

So what do I know lol !!!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
wpr.

Sorry I guess I wasn't concise. Yes there are teams that would like to have Brett. I think HatestheEagles named most of them. What I was trying to say is they will not give up a high draft pick to acquire him. The most GB would get is a 4-5 round choice for him and GB simply can't make that kind of a deal. Unless when the other team talked to Brett he made some kind of guarantee that he will play for them for 3-4 years.
Why would any team give up a #1 -2 for any player even one as good as Brett if he was only going to be with them for the rest of this year or this year and next season only? And don't say so they can win the Super Bowl b/c most owners don't really care if they make it to the Super Bowl. They are usually more profitable if they can make the playoffs year after year but don't step up and make the big deals that will bring in the high profile - big money players.
The fans and the media are the ones that want to make it to the Super Bowl every year not management.

As far as a top 5 QB? His QB rating makes him 20th. His yards completed puts him at 10th. I love the guy and I am not saying he is an old fart and let's throw him on the scrap heap. Some of it is the supporting cast he plays with, some of it is his age and some of it is Brett has always tried to make the most of out of every opportunity and would make the wrong choice from time to time. His int in the endzone for example. That was mostly his fault. Sure he was pressured. But he didn't try and throw the ball away. He didn't try and tuck it under and run for a yard or two. He tossed it up (off balance) and hoped just for the best.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question is, where is he a perfect fit and what would we get for him?

With his salary cap and what we should ask (at least a pro bowl and a #1)
What team needs a QB that bad? I would be VERY dissapointed if we only got a #1 pick for him. The team getting him would have to be only a bad QB from making the SB. Remember, it would be a one year attempt and you would certianly allienate the current QB. I just don't see a team saying Hey, Favre is all we need to get to the SB.

Another point is why are we insuch a hurry to throw Rodger behind that awful line? I say, keep Favre. He will get the most out of what talent we have currently. Then, once the line improves, throw Rodgers in there (in two years after Favre retires) and let him have some success. Why can't the rebuilding go one WITH Favre? Isn't that what is going on now?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Jerry Rice was traded for a 7th rd pick late in his career. I kind of felt that as a slap in his face an his legacy.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
majikman said:
wpr.

Sorry I guess I wasn't concise. Yes there are teams that would like to have Brett. I think HatestheEagles named most of them. What I was trying to say is they will not give up a high draft pick to acquire him. The most GB would get is a 4-5 round choice for him and GB simply can't make that kind of a deal. Unless when the other team talked to Brett he made some kind of guarantee that he will play for them for 3-4 years.
Why would any team give up a #1 -2 for any player even one as good as Brett if he was only going to be with them for the rest of this year or this year and next season only? And don't say so they can win the Super Bowl b/c most owners don't really care if they make it to the Super Bowl. They are usually more profitable if they can make the playoffs year after year but don't step up and make the big deals that will bring in the high profile - big money players.
The fans and the media are the ones that want to make it to the Super Bowl every year not management.

As far as a top 5 QB? His QB rating makes him 20th. His yards completed puts him at 10th. I love the guy and I am not saying he is an old fart and let's throw him on the scrap heap. Some of it is the supporting cast he plays with, some of it is his age and some of it is Brett has always tried to make the most of out of every opportunity and would make the wrong choice from time to time. His int in the endzone for example. That was mostly his fault. Sure he was pressured. But he didn't try and throw the ball away. He didn't try and tuck it under and run for a yard or two. He tossed it up (off balance) and hoped just for the best.

Some of you people put WAY too high a value on college draft picks. Alot of these guys don't work out, did you know that? Some do, some don't. So it's not like it's a sure thing. And winning a SB is something that doesn't come around very often. Ask the Cardinals. Ask Miami. Don't you think that would bring revenue to these teams if they were to do so?

And to say that Favre still isn't a top five QB is ridiculous. Look at what he did last week with the surrounding cast that he has. Over 300 yards and 3 TD's. What more do you people want? He is on a BAD team. What QB could do any better in GB? Imagine if you put him on a GOOD team, like Denver say. Perhaps Miami, or the Ravens?

People here have been spoiled by Favre because he consistently brought the Packers to the playoffs with teams that other QB's wouldn't have been able to. Now, and for the last several years, he is surrounded by inferior talent and rookies, and he is unable to do so, and people who can't see this still say he has lost his skills, doesn't have it any more, etc..etc..---spoiled.

If Favre does go to a team that can protect him, with a decent running game, and good receivers, you will see what he still can do. But don't stand there and tell me that the guy has lost it on this very bad, horror of a Packer team, because it's simply not true.

I'm sure Favre is kind of envious of McNair at this point in time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts