Should the packers move up?

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumors are flying that the packers or mainly TT is infactuated beyond belief with Calvin Johnson, and why not? The man is a freak of nature, big, fast, and has great hands. A player only comes arounbd like this every 10-15 years or so. So my question is this, If Calvin Johnson is available at the 3rd overall pick do you trade up to get him??

If we did I propose that we give the Browns our picks in the first and third rounds, Chad Clifton and possibly Robert Ferguson.

Reasoning:
Pick value #3, 2200

Pick value #16, 1000
Pick value #80, 190
Plus when healthy Chad Clifton is a top 10 in the league at his position and ther Brown's O-line especially at tackle is weak. A tackle like Clifton is a real asset. Additionaly I think that College can play the left tackle postion just fine. I mean once he got used to the position for 1 quarter of hell, he did well against arguable the bet pass rushing DE in the league Jason Taylor. Also with Braylon Edwards the Browns already have there number one and Jerivicous is an okay number two, I think adding Fergy would push Jerivicous or at least give them a very solid #3.

And the Pack would get what will become the most dominant player in the NFL at his position. Johnson would become the deep threat we need and be aroud well after Brett is gone to bail Rodgers out whenever he needs it.

So the Packers draft with no trades after this one (yeah right)..
#3 Calvin Johnson
#48 Zach Miller(maybe Michael Bush but that would change the next pick)
#112 RB either Tony Hunt or that guy for Arizona or whatever who did so well at the combine.
#144 OL or DB (but I think TT wants to give Manuel another go)
we have more picks but they will probably be insignificant (backup QB ect.)

skylerjheav

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way the Packers will leave the draft with only four new players. I would also be extremely suprised if TT and Co. trade up.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers would have to give up the 16th pick a future 1st and probably a 2nd or 3rd this year to move up to #3 and get Calvin Johnson. It probably won't happen. The Packers are more likely to move up to #6 or #9 to get Adrian Peterson. Washington has two picks in this years Draft and Miami has a lot of needs and they need a lot of picks.

However I see GB staying put or moving down at the moment.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: I doubt that TT would give up that much in draft and players to move up; more likely scenario is a for TT to trade down and pick up a couple of more second and third round picks. Some fairly decent talent will still be avaiable in rounds two and three. The only real question I have is TT going to try and find a decent S or do you think he is happy with Manuel and Underwood fighting it out for that position during training camp. Could also see TT trying for a TE early in the draft.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts