1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Should The Packers Make A Move To Draft Leonard Williams This Next Draft?

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by PackerfaninCarolina, Oct 12, 2014.

Should We Draft Leonard Williams This Next Year In Round 1?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
  2. No

2 vote(s)
  1. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Sep 30, 2013
    I say yes, that DL is a monster up front and is maybe one of the most athletic that I have seen in a while. His kind of push up the middle would give our linebackers a free range to practically cover any amount of field they wanted to, and he would force double teams on himself. Really think Dom should consider making moves to get him depending on where his projected draft status is slated to be.

Oh, in case you're not sure who I'm talking about, it's this guy.

2. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Nov 8, 2012
    Williams will be a top 5 pick, probably top 2-3 pick. If we're picking somewhere in the 20's as I would think we hope/expect to, it would take a significant trade offer to move up that much.

I don't like the thought of not having a 1st round pick again until 2018, even for a guy like Williams. We have other positions that need attention.
  3. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Feb 22, 2011
    The simple answer is no. What pick will the Packers have? As adambr2 suggests, what would it take to trade up to get him? What significant long-term injuries will the Packers have to address at the end of the season?
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  4. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Nov 25, 2012
    No. As it stands now, definitely won't be available for our pick, and we'd have to give up the farm to move up that high. Emphatic no. Let's just take our slipped BPA or Denzel Perrman and be happy with it at whatever position we end up in.
  5. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Oct 26, 2011
    Free Agents, significant injuries, returning players, and positions of need all make it impossible for us to talk meaningfully about drafting a guy who is arguably at this point the #1 defensive player in college football.

We need a good ILB more than we need a DL. Not to mention an OL, preferably a tackle. All positions of need.