Should the Packers consider Josh Freeman as their backup?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Absolutely not. I heard he was a ****head at the collegiate level. Which ultimately means he's a ****head at the professional level. If a brilliant coach like Greg Schiano benched him, illegally revealed his personal information by violating HIPPA rules, and then cut him, you know he sucks. He's never done anything good in this league, ever. He also never led his team to anything even as good as a 10 win season.

I also heard he tossed a puppy out of a moving car and when he was a toddler would cook ants under a magnifying glass during the hot Kansas City summer months.

The guy doesn't deserve to wear a green jersey or play for such a class organization with a history of players with such clean backgrounds and such divine character.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HELL NO !!!!

The Bucs asked EVERY team in the NFL for trade options and ALL teams said no......that alone should tell you something right there. Considering there are teams in desperate need of QB help, yet no team bites at an offer.....Nope wouldnt take him if he was for free.

No team is going to give anything up for a guy they know the Bucs don't want on their team anymore. The Bucs are at fault for not being able to even get a 7th rounder for Freeman. They handled that situation so poorly teams knew he would eventually be cut and be able to sign him without giving anything up.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say yes, or at least give him a look. He has the talent to play in the NFL and if the packers can mold him into a good QB they might be able to trade him.

Now I think it would heavily depend on wether Freeman was willing to be a backup, and I would assume he would look to be a starter somewhere else before being signed as a backup.

Well i got an update on my phone that says the Vikings are going to sign Freeman.

edit. The vikings have signed Freeman to a 1 year contract.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap.Crap. Crap. Did I say Crap?

Stupid move.

Reaction score
I would have to vote "No". He had issues in Tampa, he will continue to have issues wherever he goes. I still feel we should continue to look for a good back up QB, but I don't feel he is the one. Matt Flynn come home!!
Trivia question: What NFL team has 5 QB's on their roster? You got it the team in the purple pajama's!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
No. Everyone deserves a 2nd or even 3rd chance. Maybe he was late to the meetings & team pic b/c he didn't like what was going on but tough crap. U get pd to show up be there. He should've pulled up his big boy underware & dealt w/it.

It's one thing to be benched, it's another when your own coach violates HIPPA rules and publicly discloses private information on one of his players. He has every right to be angry and act out even if it may be in his best interest to sack up and be quiet about it.

There are players on every team that have issues and Freeman, whatever his issues may be, are no exception.

The Bucs franchise is an absolute mess, dare I say worse than the Jets. At least the Jets players will play hard for Rex Ryan.

But when your coach does stuff like Schiano did to Freeman, it's going to be hard for the rest of the team to play hard for their coach because they can't trust him. What Schiano did was low and despicable and once again Josh Freeman has every right to be upset and don't be shocked after this season to see him get fired.

The Bucs not being able to acquire something in return for Freeman, IMO has nothing to do with his ability as a player or whatever issues he may or may not have.

They needed to get Freeman out of Tampa to avoid creating an even more toxic environment. Typically by NFL rule when a team is in disaster, the first person to get booted from the team is a player, the coach will usually be the last person in the pecking order to get fired.

Whatever the case, he already made his decision on a team. I just think some people are being a little unfair

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings have never been afraid of players with "issues" and Leslie Frazier is the man to deal with them. That said, it's not like Freeman was Terrell Owens. Freeman has the ability that Ponder clearly doesn't have in him. If you're the Vikings you can't sit on your hands and waste away another valuable season in AP's career. Now if they can shed Jared Allen's horrendous contract they could really start putting something together

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's one thing to be benched, it's another when your own coach violates HIPPA rules and publicly discloses private information on one of his players. He has every right to be angry and act out even if it may be in his best interest to sack up and be quiet about it.

There are players on every team that have issues and Freeman, whatever his issues may be, are no exception.

The Bucs franchise is an absolute mess, dare I say worse than the Jets. At least the Jets players will play hard for Rex Ryan.

But when your coach does stuff like Schiano did to Freeman, it's going to be hard for the rest of the team to play hard for their coach because they can't trust him. What Schiano did was low and despicable and once again Josh Freeman has every right to be upset and don't be shocked after this season to see him get fired.

The Bucs not being able to acquire something in return for Freeman, IMO has nothing to do with his ability as a player or whatever issues he may or may not have.

They needed to get Freeman out of Tampa to avoid creating an even more toxic environment. Typically by NFL rule when a team is in disaster, the first person to get booted from the team is a player, the coach will usually be the last person in the pecking order to get fired.

Whatever the case, he already made his decision on a team. I just think some people are being a little unfair
If in fact TB did leak the info I would think he has a lawsuit. TB had no right to leak the info but Freeman needed to man up & be there for the team pics & meetings if only to take the high road & help himself out

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 1 good thing about going from TB to the Vikings is the Vikings are 1-3. TB is 0-4

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts