Should the Pack pick up Gramatica?

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Patriots released Martin Gramatica, should the Pack try an pick him up? Or should they stick with Rayner? Gramatica hasn't played since 2004, but he might be worth it.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no way. Gramatica was terrible in his last year with Tampa Bay, that he cut in the middle of the season. The guy has limited leg strength and I don't think that'll help us in the frigid cold games late in the year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.......i think the guy is done.
I'd stick with who they have, unless the guy implodes these last 2 preseason games.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Raynor gives us a scare in cincinatti I would say give grammy a look. But Raynor has had a couple of excellent practices in a row so who knows? Maybe this kid is the real deal?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Rayner jus went 8 for 8 including a 53 yarder. Each was right through the middle of the uprights too.

Although, that was indoors.

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say YES...I remember Gramitica at Kansas State--the guy was kicking 60 yarders like nothing...I dont why he blew up in Tampa...but...we need a strong leg...on kick offs...lets bring him in for a lookie see...my take

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that wouldnt be a bad idea...if Rayner wasnt good at kickoffs. Hes good at kickoffs though. Lot of distance(in the endzone, babay!) but could get a little more hangtime, which im sure Mike Stock is beating into his head(or leg) right now.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO! They were talking about this in GB last week...apparently Gramatica was something like 57% last year...in 2003 had something like 5 of his attempts blocked, has been losing lots of leg strength...Gramatica is done, a no-name street free agent has more upside.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO!
If Rayner has a complete meltdown, I would rather pick up a young up and comer who is cut by someone else and take my chances with him, rather than give an old washed up kicker a try.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackwillBEback said:
So the Patriots released Martin Gramatica, should the Pack try an pick him up? Or should they stick with Rayner? Gramatica hasn't played since 2004, but he might be worth it.

gramatica is washed up, we don't need him

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Dead-leg Grammatica?

No thank you.

I could out-distance him by slapping the football with my wrists.
:lol:

No way should the pack check out Gramatica he is nothing special I mean, is he very accurate not really, does he have tons of power, No. so I'd tick with Rayner and see if he does good.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No way should the pack check out Gramatica he is nothing special I mean, is he very accurate not really, does he have tons of power, No. so I'd tick with Rayner and see if he does good.[/quote]

Totally.

What's his career long anyways? 36 yards? It was probably the one he injured himself on.

OP
OP
P

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

No way should the pack check out Gramatica he is nothing special I mean, is he very accurate not really, does he have tons of power, No. so I'd tick with Rayner and see if he does good.

Totally.

What's his career long anyways? 36 yards? It was probably the one he injured himself on.[/quote]

You aren't smart are you? He made a 65 yarder in college....the longest field goal in NCAA history. Stupid aren't yah? In the NFL his career long is 55 yards. 15/24 at 50+ in his history, yah he sucks. You don't even know the guy or his stats and you bash him. Idiot.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I just checked his stats there pretty good until the last few years he has slipped, apparently I was wrong 55 yards is a powerful kick. I still dont know if the packers should chance it.

Members online

Latest posts