Should the Pack go for Branch?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I seen his contract and he's severely underpaid.

I would say hold off until we know what we got in Jennings.

However, I don't like to put all the eggs in one basket so I would make an offer most definetely. Just make sure not to rake your bank in the effort.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we pretty much already know what we have in Jennings...and I for one am excited as hell.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to have him on the Packers but I don't think it will happen. When you watch this guy he always seems to be open.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we got him i would be a happy camper. but i don't think that will happen. on the other hand, i am cynical and incredulous of apparent good fortune when, to those all around me, it seems to be staring me in the face. i guess you could all take that to be a good sign.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we should get him but i dont think it will happen.
if we will get him we will have 3 great recivers on the packers team, that will help alot.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the right $, I've got no problem with it.

Why are the Pats willing to let him look? I wasn't aware of that they had an overstock of good receivers.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Timmons said:
For the right $, I've got no problem with it.

Why are the Pats willing to let him look? I wasn't aware of that they had an overstock of good receivers.

Maybe they are hoping the market for a WR is small or limited and that he's asking way more than he deserves. Perhaps they are hoping other teams offer way less than he's asking to help themselves bargain with him better.

Reaction score
Timmons, as pft.com posted yesterday, Branch himself hasn't done anything wrong. He in fact has said everything that a person of high character would say, it is his agent that has pissed off the Pats with taking everything public. That is why the Pats have responded in an extreme manner, because the agent has done things the wrong way by the Pats rules.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Pats could be letting another team do all the hardwork too. Like, setting up the contract that Branch wants, then they sign him for it.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Branch would make our receiving corps go from a position of need to a position of strength...I would really like Driver, Branch, and Jennings as the top 3 guys. I don't think it will happen either but I'd be all for it.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Branch for KGB

Mr. Flip flop?

I thought you didn't like his moral fiber?
Whatever that means.

I say get him because Jennings, as talented as he is, is still a rookie and will have ups and downs.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
I don't think there's any way in hell we get him, but I sure would love to see it.

Short and sweet...agree 100%

Also, I'm with Trom...KGB to me is what Carroll is to Tromadz...I have no use for the guy (although I'll admit his character is far superior). Branch for KGB would be a STEAL for the Packers IMO

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt he gets traded from the Pats. And if he does, it won't be to the Packers. There are just no players on the team that have that kind of value, and I doubt TT would give up a draft pick, likely a first or second rounder would be required to get him. KGB doesn't work either because I don't think he fits the Pats' scheme, unless he converts to LB or something.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT would be a fool not to give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Branch!

Branch is proven. A future draft pick is not. If he could get him for that, it's a no brainer!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, there is no way the Pats take KGB... the reason they are shopping Branch is because he wants more money than they think he's worth. sound like anyone to you? KGB's price-tag instantly negates him from a trade for Branch. Secondly, its not like the Pats are looking to dump Branch. It's not like the Javon Walker situation, where we just decided to cut and run. For a trade to go down with ANY team (and i don't think it will), the Pats will demand ample compensation for very solid player.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only get him if they'd take Ferguson + a pick.

I bet Fergy and a 3rd rounder would at least get New England to consider it. They're weaker than we are at WR.

OP
OP
P

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Only get him if they'd take Ferguson + a pick.

I bet Fergy and a 3rd rounder would at least get New England to consider it. They're weaker than we are at WR.

Hmm.. that's a good point. Trom!! Pass this on to TT.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Branch is actually the best WR to be put on the market this year so far. Outside of TO, I'd put Branch well ahead of Randel El, Moulds, and Johnson. So hopefully Thompson checks into this.

A good point was brought up on the radio. Everyone seems to agree that Jennings has out played both Ferguson and Gardner. Last year at this time, Ferguson was on the trade block according to a couple of sources. So perhaps Green Bay is starting Ferguson ahead of Jennings because they want teams to value him more. Just a theory but fairly well could be possible.

Anothe reason is, Jennings causes a lot of mis matches in the slot and McCarthy plays a lot of 3 WR set's.

Members online

Latest posts