1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Should The NFL Seize The Dallas Cowboys From Jerry Jones For Letting Greg Hardy Play?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by PackerfaninCarolina, Nov 9, 2015.

?

Should The NFL Seize The Dallas Cowboys From Jerry Jones For Letting Greg Hardy Play?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +262
    I say yes, Greg Hardy has been found to be a very bad man who in the Paul Tagliabue era would not be playing football. Yup, that's right Tagliabue tossed out Lawrence Phillips for this same offense and made it clear he wasn't going to allow this stuff on his gridirons.

What Jerry Jones is doing right now is a worse offense than what Donald Sterling did, and if he's going to thumb his nose at good people by doing this, it warrants a property seizure. Roger Goodell should give up the deflategate nonsense and go out and get his approval rating up by seizing the Dallas Cowboys property here and showing people that bad people won't play in his league. Jerry Jones must be dealt the death blow by forfeiting the Dallas Cowboys.

2. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,770
    If the league is going to allow him to play, then an employer has a right to give him that employment. Take a billion dollar asset because you have a less than desirable employee? I'd hate to see that precedent set. There would come a day when my house would be seized because I had my cousin over for a Christmas party or something.

I don't really care for Jerry Jones, but lose the team? It's on the league if they're going to let him in this league or not. I'd say a team should be able to look at this guy and say no, you're not worth it, but that's not Jerry.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. PackerfaninCarolina

Ratings:
    +262
    But the precedent I'm following is Donald Sterling committed a lesser crime than this and Jerry Jones knowingly is trying to make a bad statement by putting unrepentant criminals on his team and I think that's bad.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Absolutely not. I don't want anyone trying to take the packers away for a certain D lineman on our team

5. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +950
  6. PackerfaninCarolina

Ratings:
    +262
    Yeah the dark days of Dan Devine, at least our management at the first sign of trouble cut him loose. Can't imagine Jerry doing that.

7. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,770
    I think it's bad too, but I don't think the league can take the team away for it. I think Sterling is a joke but I care very little for NBA basketball. Either way, the league cleared Hardy to return, they can't then punish a team for letting him play, especially by taking away a billion dollar + asset. This country is corrupt enough, no need to open those doors. IF the league is really serious, they won't let people like that back after suspension

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,002
    What crime did Sterling commit? Remind me again. Oh yeah, NONE! Sterling committed no crime. He may be a jerk, but criminal, nope.

So tell me. Just what crimes should be used for taking away teams? Domestic abuse that had no criminal conviction? (Hardy, yup, contrary to what many believe, his case has been expunged.) How about Drug possession? Does Marijuana count? How about purple drank? Maybe hitting your kid with a switch?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  10. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,002
    Packer fans have to remember one thing. The rules of the NFL apply to all teams. Any team can be disbanded by a vote of the other owners under certain conditions. Even the Packers. So, unless you want to hold your team to the same standard, be careful what you wish for. The Packers exist because the other 31 owners allow them to exist. Same for any team.

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    I agree with Rap....Even tho we probably all agree what Hardy did, he was never charged.

The NFL suspended Hardy then an arbitrator reduced the suspension. So why would the NFL try to take control of the Cowboys when in fact they handed out their punishment?

I think this shouldnt even be a discussion

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477
    My thoughts exactly 100000%

13. PackerfaninCarolina

Ratings:
    +262
    And I'm pleased to say we are the bar setters in this regard. Boooyah!!!

14. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,002
    Fixed it for you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. PackerfaninCarolina

Ratings:
    +262
    There are 0 domestic violence charged people on this team or criminals of any kind. None.

16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Hardy doesnt have a domestic charge on him either.

17. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    The NFLPA should be ashamed of themselves for getting the reduction in penalty. Instead of being a loyalist union, they should show some stones and say "we won't tolerate this from our members."

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Just go over his head. I will not knowingly purchase any product offered by AT&T as long as they sponsor the playpen that Hardy and the rest of the Cowboys play in. I tell this to everyone I know. Many other corporations have cut ties with "employees" and pitchmen for less documented events. Put the heat on AT&T and other corporate sponsors using them to force Jones to do the manly and honorable thing.

19. PackerfaninCarolina

Ratings:
    +262
    I'm just saying too, if Donald Sterling can have his team seized just for silly phone calls and texts and emails, and Bruce Levenson too, what Jerry's doing here should warrant the NFL marching the big guns here and forcing him to sell the Cowboys. He won't be able to do any more of this partnership with AT&T and will be gauged out of it if the NFL's big boys seize his team and hand it over to the State of Texas. The precedent for seizing league property has been done before in pro sports for lesser offenses than this.

20. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400
    Not now. There's a guy(not able to think of his name. But starts w/a W)that plays for the Colts that played for us a few years ago that was suspended for some reason evolving his girlfriend

21. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400
    E. Walden is the guy's name

22. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,002
    Again, Donald Sterling lost his team to political correctness. He broke no laws. And in reality, he only made comments to one person that we know of. Them taking his team for that, set a very dangerous precedent for the NBA. Now, if some team owner gets in trouble for something, there will be push to take the team away. They will regret what they did down the line.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400
    Walden was arrested for domestic violence against his girlfriend when he was w/the Packers

24. captnroger

captnroger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Goodness don't I wish. Jerry should have fired himself long ago!

25. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400
    If u take the Cowboys away from JJ you open Pandora's box then you can only draft guys w/no criminal history or alleged criminal history b/c you'll have your team taken from you. Next b/c of that the NFL would suffer b/c of lack of skilled players. Next fans start complaining b/c their team drafted a guy that isn't all that good but has nothing negative in his past.