Should Peppers have made the final roster?

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe PFF was right that he should stay in the middle. I only saw 1 blitz up the middle, but his quickness seemed to stifle the guard much more than the OTs.

I have maintained for some time now that clay, and the defense as a whole, is far better when hes moved around. Hes solid in coverage, plays well in space, and making him be more multiple actually requires the offense to account for him. When hes on the edge, they simply slide protection to him and negate him most of the time. Hes wasted as an edge rusher.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion is that we won't get anywhere near $8Mil worth of production from him as his snap-count will be even lower than last year. Considering the Bak extension that $8Mil in cap savings from Peppers could've been used more wisely.

Perry/Jones could've split the snaps on that side without Peppers and been much better than solid. :(

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks, this has been the book on Peppers for his entire career. He takes plays/games/months off but when he's on he can do stuff most folks can't. Like someone else said, if he's this invisible in December then there'll be a problem.

I don't have a problem with Mathews' play yesterday. I'm not sure what people expect. His best isn't what Kahlil Mack's best is now, but he's the most active defender we have on defense right now IMO.

D

Deleted member 6794

I have maintained for some time now that clay, and the defense as a whole, is far better when hes moved around. Hes solid in coverage, plays well in space, and making him be more multiple actually requires the offense to account for him. When hes on the edge, they simply slide protection to him and negate him most of the time. Hes wasted as an edge rusher.

The Packers moved Matthews around at Jacksonville. Unfortunately he wasn't able to beat offensive linemen while rarely being double teamed.

My opinion is that we won't get anywhere near $8Mil worth of production from him as his snap-count will be even lower than last year. Considering the Bak extension that $8Mil in cap savings from Peppers could've been used more wisely.

Perry/Jones could've split the snaps on that side without Peppers and been much better than solid. :(

Peppers played 66.6% of the snaps last season and had 10.5 sacks. His performance at Jacksonville was disappointing but if he ends up being as productive as in 2015 the money was well spent.

I don't have a problem with Mathews' play yesterday. I'm not sure what people expect. His best isn't what Kahlil Mack's best is now, but he's the most active defender we have on defense right now IMO.

Matthews for sure wasn't the best defender at Jacksonville.

Members online

Latest posts