Should Packers go after Hakeem Nicks?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I will get everyone the mailing address to the guy who decided to lower his helmet and dive it into Cobb's leg down there.
Do with it what you want....

Matt Elam
Baltimore Ravens
1 Winning Drive
Owings Mills, MD 21117

I understand the rules make hitters shy away from the head shots now.
But there are many many tackles in these situations where guys hit in the midsection, or higher at the chest.
There's not a receiver, tight end, RB alive who'd rather be hit in the knee on these blind shots, as opposed to the head even.
These DBs who do this, you all know how I feel about this and THIS IS WHY I have been preaching about this for 3 years, especially referring to Louis Delmas of the Lions, who loves to hit like this.
1 Winning Drive? At least our address isn't arrogant...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're trying to sign the guy on the Broncos practice squad. Tevares something....

Someone mentioned Robinson. Is that Laurant? I saw what he did in Dallas 2 seasons ago as an injury replacement. He did good.
Then went to Jacksonville with a big contract, and now I think is available. It's hard to succeed in Jacksonville.

He's a quick learner though, as he showed in Dallas.

It takes receivers awhile to get the system. That's why I'd prefer someone who knows our plays already.
I'll take Jeremy Ross for sure.... he's had some bad hands, but so did James Jones, Sterling Sharpe, Jermichael Finley.

What a ***** bullsh** situation we are in once again thanks to so many ***** **** *** injuries.
I want the 49ers and Seahawks to be hit by them like this, NOT us, again!!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? You're suggesting some sort of criminal mischief/harassment? This is beneath what Packer fans should be. Please knock it off.
Is that what your mind came up with?
Some of us will write letters telling him off.

If your thought is something sinister, than that's on you. Shame on you.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
.....basically like Rodgers told him off right away after the ****** did it.
But via fan mail since that's all we can do. How bout that.

Again, if you're thinking criminal mischief, that's on you. I understand though. You sound like the Dan Devine dog guy, but whatever....

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'll take Jeremy Ross for sure.... he's had some bad hands, but so did James Jones, Sterling Sharpe, Jermichael Finley.

What a ***** bullsh** situation we are in once again thanks to so many ***** **** *** injuries.
I want the 49ers and Seahawks to be hit by them like this, NOT us, again!!
Ross has no upside as a WR. His best look is as a slant guy

Find the SOB with the voodoo dolls

Lambeau Leaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Josh Gordon? With our upgraded D and the new running game he would instantly make our pass offense undefendable and change the entire 2013 League dynamic. Surely that's worth a R2 pick and clearly the Browns are on the selling block.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
What about Josh Gordon? With our upgraded D and the new running game he would instantly make our pass offense undefendable and change the entire 2013 League dynamic. Surely that's worth a R2 pick and clearly the Browns are on the selling block.
Browns have stated outright that they are not trading Gordon, and even if they were the price would be too high. WR are a dime a dozen, and you never overpay for skill players outside of QB

12theTruth

Britt sucks, and here's the key: He's an @sshole, probably is untouchable in Ted Thompson's opinion. Some of our fans fail to realize that the character of a player is VERY important to Ted Thompson, rightly so. We have mostly a lot of good guys, good teammates. We don't have any real primadonnas.... Britt is not a Packer character person, would never be brought in by Ted even for a 7th round pick.

Pipedream here.

So Ted Thompson only brings in high character players. Read up on Myles White a bit. Quite a bit of baggage there.

To suggest that Ted Thompson only brings in high character guys is disingenuous. Now once they get here, most of the times these guys with checkered pasts can thrive in Green Bay compared to say a New York or Miami.

12theTruth

Is that what your mind came up with?
Some of us will write letters telling him off.

If your thought is something sinister, than that's on you. Shame on you.

Whatever the case that would be in poor taste to communicate directly with a player in that manner. It doesn't have to be sinister to be unbecoming. Go through the proper avenues, the team or the NFL.

Reaction score
Britt sucks, and here's the key: He's an @sshole, probably is untouchable in Ted Thompson's opinion. Some of our fans fail to realize that the character of a player is VERY important to Ted Thompson, rightly so. We have mostly a lot of good guys, good teammates. We don't have any real primadonnas.... Britt is not a Packer character person, would never be brought in by Ted even for a 7th round pick.

Pipedream here.
Wow. Never seen a post that has a like, disagree, agree, and a winner all in one!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
So Ted Thompson only brings in high character players. Read up on Myles White a bit. Quite a bit of baggage there.

To suggest that Ted Thompson only brings in high character guys is disingenuous. Now once they get here, most of the times these guys with checkered pasts can thrive in Green Bay compared to say a New York or Miami.
There have been a few not so squeaky clean guys come in, ie Hyde and Walden. It's more fair to say TT (often) doesn't PAY (much) for guys with character flags

12theTruth

There have been a few not so squeaky clean guys come in, ie Hyde and Walden. It's more fair to say TT (often) doesn't PAY (much) for guys with character flags

Its not so much that the Packers won't pay much for guys with character issues it is that some in this thread have been ADAMANT that there is nary a place whatsoever for a player with baggage in regards to Teddy T's philosophy.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Its not so much that the Packers won't pay much for guys with character issues it is that some in this thread have been ADAMANT that there is nary a place whatsoever for a player with baggage in regards to Teddy T's philosophy.
Much like the posters here, it's a case by case basis

12theTruth

Much like the posters here, it's a case by case basis

Agreed it is a case by case basis. It can't go unmentioned that despite Kenny Britt's personal issues he remains an immensely talented WR at a young age of 25. With the right team he could be a plus player. Not this year and not with the Packers. Granted there are many talented young WR's stuck on practice squads on the cusp of an NFL roster, in some cases it has to count for something to have the NFL experience as Nicks, Britt, etc. carry with them as opposed to filling a hole with a talent with a yet undeveloped pattern of production.

I'm not too worried either way as we still have a healthy Finley in there. If he wasn't there I'd be emotionally upset LOL.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Agreed it is a case by case basis. It can't go unmentioned that despite Kenny Britt's personal issues he remains an immensely talented WR at a young age of 25. With the right team he could be a plus player. Not this year and not with the Packers. Granted there are many talented young WR's stuck on practice squads on the cusp of an NFL roster, in some cases it has to count for something to have the NFL experience as Nicks, Britt, etc. carry with them.

I'm not too worried either way as we still have a healthy Finley in there. If he wasn't there I'd be emotionally upset LOL.
As I stated earlier, my quarrel with Nicks is that our current crop of WRs are less brittle than he is. Britt is IMO too much of a risk, too much of a distraction, and somewhat unconcerned with living up to his talent. I doubt Edgar Bennett could fix any of those qualities.

Over/under on games until Fin goes down too?

12theTruth

As I stated earlier, my quarrel with Nicks is that our current crop of WRs are less brittle than he is. Britt is IMO too much of a risk, too much of a distraction, and somewhat unconcerned with living up to his talent. I doubt Edgar Bennett could fix any of those qualities.

I had already read the issues you had with both players. I wouldn't consider Nicks either because of injury issues. The time to add a player like Britt would be in the offseason in any case as it would take a transition period to prepare a player such as him.

If the Packers failed to reach an agreement with James Jones, I'd think Thompson's usual step would be to draft a replacement for sure and not go the free agent route unless it was from another teams practice squad ( as Ted is frugal).

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Rizzo pointed out, character is important to TT. We can talk stats and production all day but high character guys keep teams like the Packers in tough games and rough patches in the season...such as starting 1-2. Teams like the Vikings and Giants start tearing apart when the discontents and egos start jabbering. I'll sacrifice a bit of talent for a guy that won't start the tear in our team's fabric.
Thank you, BINGO

12theTruth

Teddy was involved with the Packers back during the Bad Moon Rison experience. Yes Ted is a conservative cards close to the chest type of card player, but he has been known to surprise from time to time. If the Packers are to be without a significant portion of their receivers for any length of time don't be surprised if Ted does grab a rent-a-player, even if he has a questionable character. .

Exactly! Ted will take the steps necessary to improve his roster. He explores ALL options!

Members online

Latest posts