1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Should Packers go after Hakeem Nicks?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pat4DaPack, Oct 13, 2013.

1. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    1 Winning Drive? At least our address isn't arrogant...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    We're trying to sign the guy on the Broncos practice squad. Tevares something....

Someone mentioned Robinson. Is that Laurant? I saw what he did in Dallas 2 seasons ago as an injury replacement. He did good.
    Then went to Jacksonville with a big contract, and now I think is available. It's hard to succeed in Jacksonville.

He's a quick learner though, as he showed in Dallas.

It takes receivers awhile to get the system. That's why I'd prefer someone who knows our plays already.
    I'll take Jeremy Ross for sure.... he's had some bad hands, but so did James Jones, Sterling Sharpe, Jermichael Finley.

What a ***** bullsh** situation we are in once again thanks to so many ***** **** *** injuries.
    I want the 49ers and Seahawks to be hit by them like this, NOT us, again!!

3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Is that what your mind came up with?
    Some of us will write letters telling him off.

If your thought is something sinister, than that's on you. Shame on you.

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    .....basically like Rodgers told him off right away after the ****** did it.
    But via fan mail since that's all we can do. How bout that.

Again, if you're thinking criminal mischief, that's on you. I understand though. You sound like the Dan Devine dog guy, but whatever....

5. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Ross has no upside as a WR. His best look is as a slant guy

Find the SOB with the voodoo dolls

6. Lambeau Leaper

Lambeau Leaper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What about Josh Gordon? With our upgraded D and the new running game he would instantly make our pass offense undefendable and change the entire 2013 League dynamic. Surely that's worth a R2 pick and clearly the Browns are on the selling block.

7. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Browns have stated outright that they are not trading Gordon, and even if they were the price would be too high. WR are a dime a dozen, and you never overpay for skill players outside of QB

8. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So Ted Thompson only brings in high character players. Read up on Myles White a bit. Quite a bit of baggage there.

To suggest that Ted Thompson only brings in high character guys is disingenuous. Now once they get here, most of the times these guys with checkered pasts can thrive in Green Bay compared to say a New York or Miami.

9. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Whatever the case that would be in poor taste to communicate directly with a player in that manner. It doesn't have to be sinister to be unbecoming. Go through the proper avenues, the team or the NFL.

10. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Wow. Never seen a post that has a like, disagree, agree, and a winner all in one!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +488
    Many,Many Pipe dreams on this forum.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    There have been a few not so squeaky clean guys come in, ie Hyde and Walden. It's more fair to say TT (often) doesn't PAY (much) for guys with character flags

13. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Its not so much that the Packers won't pay much for guys with character issues it is that some in this thread have been ADAMANT that there is nary a place whatsoever for a player with baggage in regards to Teddy T's philosophy.

14. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Much like the posters here, it's a case by case basis

15. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed it is a case by case basis. It can't go unmentioned that despite Kenny Britt's personal issues he remains an immensely talented WR at a young age of 25. With the right team he could be a plus player. Not this year and not with the Packers. Granted there are many talented young WR's stuck on practice squads on the cusp of an NFL roster, in some cases it has to count for something to have the NFL experience as Nicks, Britt, etc. carry with them as opposed to filling a hole with a talent with a yet undeveloped pattern of production.

I'm not too worried either way as we still have a healthy Finley in there. If he wasn't there I'd be emotionally upset LOL.

16. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    As I stated earlier, my quarrel with Nicks is that our current crop of WRs are less brittle than he is. Britt is IMO too much of a risk, too much of a distraction, and somewhat unconcerned with living up to his talent. I doubt Edgar Bennett could fix any of those qualities.

Over/under on games until Fin goes down too?

17. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I had already read the issues you had with both players. I wouldn't consider Nicks either because of injury issues. The time to add a player like Britt would be in the offseason in any case as it would take a transition period to prepare a player such as him.

If the Packers failed to reach an agreement with James Jones, I'd think Thompson's usual step would be to draft a replacement for sure and not go the free agent route unless it was from another teams practice squad ( as Ted is frugal).

18. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Thank you, BINGO

19. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Exactly! Ted will take the steps necessary to improve his roster. He explores ALL options!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    I have a lot of pipe dreams but my post count beating yours ain't one! ;) (I just passed you this month)

21. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +488
    LOL I am heart broken

• Useful Useful x 1
  22. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +488
    The many Pipe dreams refers to this forum NOT just one person.

23. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    I marked it useful because now I can move onto my next victim! :devilish:

24. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +488
    Are you serious??? How old are you?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Bensalama21