Should Brett Start The Game?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there is one thing that is a positive in this 1 and 5 season so far, it is the fact that Brett is clearly adding to his legacy. His performance on Sunday was remarkable. His team the Packers were snot. (Sic)

Brett has impressed the crap out of me, his fortitude has been shining. When I was reading the game reports on Sundays sick ending, I felt for him. I started thinking about his career and I started comparing him to other quarterbacks in the history of the game.

I came to the conclusion that Brett is a combination of three Quarterbacks in NFL History. Brett is three Quarterbacks rolled in to one and for 15 years we got to see all three great quarterbacks one man’s body.

1. Brett is a little bit of Dan Fouts but better. Fouts played 15 years just like Brett right now. The 1981 AFC title game was played in 59-below-zero wind chill conditions. Still, Fouts completed 15 passes for 185 yards and the Chargers’ only touchdown, a 33-yard pass to Kellen Winslow, in a hard-fought loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. Brett is as tough as Dan was, gosh I can remember Dan Fouts bloodied, beat up, and hobbling under center but he never gave up. Brett is a little bit of Dan Fouts, but better.

2. Brett is a little bit of Dan Marino but better. Marino was always the reason the Dolphins were in the game. Brett is always the reason the Packers are in the game. Brett is the same passing machine Marino was, but Brett is a little bit better than Dan was.

3. Brett is a little bit of Sonny Jurgensen. My gosh, Brett, like Sonny riddled enemy defenses with picture-perfect bullets. They both forced the ball but had the arm to do it. Brett is a little bit of Sonny Jurgensen but better.

Now, I know you may be wondering by now: “Why the hell R.P. is this post titled “Should Brett Start The gameâ€

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Payton is the only guy I'd start over Brett, although it'd be a close call.

On a dif note...I was very ******* Brett the first 3 games (and I still say justifiably so) and have always been in some playoff games (e.g. St. Louis, MN).

However, you're right RP...he's been magnificent since the Carolina game (IMO). I just wish he wouldn't press so much and be more willing to use his checkdowns. He's done that the past few weeks, however, and look at the results of his performance...phenomenal...probably as good as he's ever been.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Week I would have Brett starting over all of them.
As dismal as the season has been, Brett is going to have his best season if he keeps playing at the level he is playing right now.

Would The Colts be 7-0 if Peyton was playing without Edjerin James, Dominick Rhodes,Marvin Harrison, and Brandon Stokely? I don't think so.

It is crazy but we just might see Brett at is absolute best the rest of this year because he is now forced to "Be The Man" again.

Your comparison to Marino is right on this year, no running game, very little defense, but Brett will keep us in every game.

Don;t forget we are still in The NFC North, I will not give up untill we are officially eliminated.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, everyone except Payton. Favre has been a joy to watch these past three weeks. In any season but this one, performances like that from Favre would've been enough to win all three games. Instead, they lost two out of the three.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre is going to have a steve carlton-like season...in case you don't know, sometime in the early 70s, steve carlton won the cy young despite pitching for a last place team...favre is going to light up the league, pro bowl, other awards...on a last place team

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Payton is the only guy I'd start over Brett, although it'd be a close call.

On a dif note...I was very ******* Brett the first 3 games (and I still say justifiably so) and have always been in some playoff games (e.g. St. Louis, MN).

However, you're right RP...he's been magnificent since the Carolina game (IMO). I just wish he wouldn't press so much and be more willing to use his checkdowns. He's done that the past few weeks, however, and look at the results of his performance...phenomenal...probably as good as he's ever been.

If it's a Playoff game? Peyton stays seated and I play Brett Favre...
Mr. Happy Feet would certainly lose the game...... fer sure!

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
favre is going to have a steve carlton-like season...in case you don't know, sometime in the early 70s, steve carlton won the cy young despite pitching for a last place team...favre is going to light up the league, pro bowl, other awards...on a last place team

That may happen if the Pack and Favre continue down this road. He is rated #6 in the NFL QB rating this week.

Members online

Latest posts