Should Brett Retire?

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think he has one year left in him but it pains me to see Rodgers on the sideline after that Dallas game. He is going into his 4th NFL season and is enough to start on most of the teams in the NFL. The longer Favre stays the dimmer our future gets, I will not be surprised if Aaron Rodgers gets a better offer in this post season as a starter.

So because BF through an interception at the end of a game where the special teams couldn't keep the Giants inside their own 40 yard line on kick-offs, the coaching staff refused to give Al Harris help when it became quite obvious that he was outmatched, not to mention the fact that the running game was never given a chance to develope, and let's not forget that if The Packer players would learn to just FALL ON A FUMBLE instead of trying to pick it up and run, besides alll that and many more mistakes, THAT THE YOUNGEST TEAM IN THE NFL, where most were playing in their 1st Championship game. Let's us all forget about everyhting I mentioned above,
BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY IF BF STAYS AROUND THE FUTURE IS JUST GETTING DIMMER AND DIMMER.

What a bunch of crock!!!!

This is a team game people, you win as a team you lose as a team,

Brett Favre will retire when HE DECIDES TO RETIRE,

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HE WONT RETIRE ... THE TASTE FOR THE SB IS IN HIS MOUTH AND THE GUYS GETTING OLDER AND HUNGRIER EACH DAY ... HIS GOING FOR IT ONE MORE SHOT

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HE WONT RETIRE ... THE TASTE FOR THE SB IS IN HIS MOUTH AND THE GUYS GETTING OLDER AND HUNGRIER EACH DAY ... HIS GOING FOR IT ONE MORE SHOT

I do hope you are right!!!!

Some people just don't realize that as great of a season The Packers had this year, they are only going to get better next year.
With Brett favre leading them!!!!

OP
OP
P

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No! Dont get me wrong, I love Brett and want him here but im just pointing out that we have 2 good QB and it would be sad to see Rodgers get traded to the point that when Favre does leave we have nothing.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett could play at a high level for one more season but, his play in those two cold/windy games against the bears and the giants showed he was being out played by younger players at QB. IMO, it really showed.

Either way Brett Favre will go down in NFL history as one of the greatest QB's.

Slagathor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted "NO".

But you gotta admit, after watching Rodgers play in that Dallas game, the future of GB looks promising.

Rodgers + Grant + Jennings

If Rodgers can stay healthy.....

I voted HELL NO!!!!!!!

Was HELL NO!!!!! an option???.... :wink:

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
his native american ancestors will give him strength to play untill he's 50!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers also has the ablity to run alot better and faster then Mr.Favre
"Running fast" doesn't mean beans.
It's Favre's ESCAPEABILITY that Rodgers doesn't have. Favre is SLOW as a runner, but how many times have we seen Favre look like he's dead meat, then pull a Houdini act and get away? All you have to do is watch the game film of the Seattle win. Remember when Favre was tripped up, and STILL kept his feet long enough to toss the underhanded throw to Lee???
Favre stays alive in the pocket, and OUT of the pocket better then any QB i have seen, other then maybe Fran Tarkenton in all my years of watching football.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want a scrambling QB, I want a traditional big guy who stays in the pocket and gets the pass on the mark. In my opinion they're the best QBs, nothing like the fancy scrambling QBs who run all over the place and throws a pick.

Give me a 6'2" - 6'4" / 220 - 235 lbs QB!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want a scrambling QB, I want a traditional big guy who stays in the pocket and gets the pass on the mark. In my opinion they're the best QBs, nothing like the fancy scrambling QBs who run all over the place and throws a pick.

Give me a 6'2" - 6'4" / 220 - 235 lbs QB!
Like Culpepper? Or Drew Bledsoe? Like those "big guys" never throw any picks? Yeah.....those big guys all have passing ratings of 150, right?
Remember what we did to Bledsoe in SB 31? The guy was like a statue. The only big guy QB i can remember that has done anything is Rothlishamburglar. He has won a SB.
Yeah.....those guys were awesome! :roll:
A big guy that stays in the pocket is only good if there is no pass rush, otherwise they are dead in the water.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say he shouldnt' be able to move himself around and escape, I just don't want a guy that runs around instead of throwing the ball, that's what we have RBs for. Btw Culpepper runs around...!

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
btw Cheesey, I wasn't calling for an static gigantic QB like Roethlisberger, he's 6'5" and over 240 lbs, in my opinion too big.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
btw Cheesey, I wasn't calling for an static gigantic QB like Roethlisberger, he's 6'5" and over 240 lbs, in my opinion too big.
I guess what i'm wondering is.......do you think Favre hasn't been good, even though he's "small?"
He has been one of the best all time QB's this game has ever had, even though he's not big.
He has thrown for more TD's then anyone, taken us too the playoffs more then any QB we have ever had, and started every game since he took over. Yes, he has made some bonehead throws, but there is no perfect QB in the NFL now, or ever for that matter.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say he shouldnt' be able to move himself around and escape, I just don't want a guy that runs around instead of throwing the ball, that's what we have RBs for. Btw Culpepper runs around...!
Yes......Culpepper runs around.....but when he lost Randy Moss, he became just another "guy". He hasn't shown that he's anywhere NEAR what Brett Favre has been. Favre takes average WR's, and MAKES them great.
Just my opinion of course.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bertram said:
Yes......Culpepper runs around.....but when he lost Randy Moss, he became just another "guy". He hasn't shown that he's anywhere NEAR what Brett Favre has been. Favre takes average WR's, and MAKES them great.

Are you in the belief that Brett Favre is anything other than a pocketpasser?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Bertram said:

Are you in the belief that Brett Favre is anything other than a pocketpasser?
Yes.
Hasn't he SHOWN over the years that he can get out of the pocket, and make throws anywhere across the field?
Haven't you been watching Favre the last 17 years?

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is a mobile pocketpasser.

Most of the time he's in the pocket, when the pocket collapses he is able to scramble in order to pass.

That's what I want in a pocketpasser, not a static player that just takes the sack whenever the pocker collapses. Favre is not Michael Vick..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Most of the time he's in the pocket, when the pocket collapses he is able to scramble in order to pass.

That's what I want in a pocketpasser, not a static player that just takes the sack whenever the pocker collapses. Favre is not Michael Vick..
Thats true.......Favre hasn't whipped the bird to his own fans.
Michael Vick is no Brett Favre either. Vick is a runner, not a good QB in my view.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed. Remember that stumbling first down to Donald Lee?
How many QBs can accomplish that?

When the pocket collapses, Favre often completes the pass. He's salvaged quite a few drives, where the drive would have ended with just about any other QB.

You mentioned Vick, but it's not just Vick. It's probably more than 50% of the QBs in the league that just take the sack. Sacks are drive killers. That's why Ds try to get as many as possible.

Members online

Latest posts