1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Should Brett Retire?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Profizzle99, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Profizzle99

Profizzle99 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Building for the future one year sooner or try and make a superbowl run next year.

2. joym13

joym13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I said no. If he wants to retire, then of course he should. But one bad game, where the rest of the team played crappy as well - doesn't mean he should retire. It cracks me up - last week he was the best ever and found the fountain of youth - one interception and now he's lost the desire to play and should retire. :roll:

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I like to think we're the best fans in the world -- we aren't as fickle as many of the Viking fans I know, are we?

4. MplsPacker

MplsPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I voted "NO".

But you gotta admit, after watching Rodgers play in that Dallas game, the future of GB looks promising.

Rodgers + Grant + Jennings

5. Sadie

Sadie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No! He obviously still has a lot of gas left in the tank. He had 4 bad games ALL year. 4. People are forgetting he was a big part as to why we even made it to the NFC Championship.

6. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, I'm ecstatic that Rodgers played as well as he did in Dallas. He really puts my mind at ease for when Brett decides to retire, but when I ask myself "Who would I rather have behind center next season?" I have a difficult time saying "I'd rather have Rodgers as the starter instead of Favre."

The old man put up 4,000+ yards, 28 TD's, the best QB rating since his 96 season and his best completion percentage of his career!

How can you possibly even THINK it's time for him to retire?!

7. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im happy either way

8. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre should retire if he wants to. It's out of our hands.

That said, I hope he doesn't. I like it when the Packers win. Favre is still our best QB, and is a top tier QB in the NFL. The top tier includes Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo, and Brett Favre. All four top tier QBs had at least one bad game in the Playoffs. Weird, huh?

9. jnells

jnells Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre putting up some of the best numbers of his career this year proves that he "still has it". Its amazing how quickly all the doubters forget the amazing stats he put up this year just because of a bad playoff game.

Favre has another solid 2 years left in him. Possibly more.

10. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre, the next Vinny? Ye or ne?

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You mean play until he's 44, throw a TD pass in 20 consecutive seasons, or play for 7 different teams? ;)

12. MplsPacker

MplsPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That would be great if Aaron Rodgers can develop and lead GB after Favre retires. Because I think Ryan Grant and Greg Jennings will be Pro Bowl caliber players and will reach their prime in the next 3 to 5 years.

13. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Aaron Rodgers also has the ablity to run alot better and faster then Mr.Favre

14. axelred13

axelred13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is this thread a joke?

Retire?

If you actually think that he should retire because of the NFC Championship game you are nuts are are just looking for excuses for him to leave. We should keep him playing as long as he wants to play.

15. twebdonny

twebdonny Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If you can't make it to the big game, you are no better than the worst team in the league. Yesterday wasn't bad because they lost, it was bad because it appeared they didn't really care about winning, just seemed
    to care about drinking that hot tea and getting inside and warm. The entire team put forth a half hearted attempt of a game. I don't know the true reason behind this, but I hope it comes out in the next few days.

Who wants it more...was the NFL slogan this post season....It wasn't
    the Packers who did, that was quite evident.

16. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha... bullshit. You're telling me that the Packers are no better than the Dolphins because we only went 14-4? Riiiiiiiight.

17. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope you don't have any kids.
    If so, don't be surprised if they're Emos and/or cutters.

18. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :lol:
    That was good! And no, Brett should not retire. I think he still has at least a couple of good years left in him.

19. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If he wants to then yes. If not then no.

20. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    I'm as big of a Favre fan as there is. With that said, I think that it might be time to hang it up. He had a great year and in a way rebounded from the previous two seasons. With the NFL the way it is there is no guarantee that the Packers will be this good next year. I really think that this year was his best chance at a Super Bowl. Brett has nothing to prove.

I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if he came back and I certainly wouldn't want him to be pushed out, however, he had a great year and I think that maybe now is the time.

By the way, I would politely ask that you all do not hunt me down and crucify me.

21. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually think next year will be his best chance at a SB. This is the oyungest team and should only improve next year. Plus now they have the experience. Look at it this way, if at the beginning of the year you heard Brett would lead the team to the NFC title game I don't think one person would of said he should retire. Right now it hurts to much but in a week or month we'll all see next year we got a great chance

22. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh. I'm not going to hunt you down and crucify you. I just think Brett is still better than Aaron.

I like winning. Favre is still our best shot at winning. I think MM will make the final decision, but I don't think '08 will be that year.

23. Profizzle99

Profizzle99 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I do think he has one year left in him but it pains me to see Rodgers on the sideline after that Dallas game. He is going into his 4th NFL season and is enough to start on most of the teams in the NFL. The longer Favre stays the dimmer our future gets, I will not be surprised if Aaron Rodgers gets a better offer in this post season as a starter.

24. kewlbeans

kewlbeans Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett didn't play any worse than any other Packer yesterday, starting from McCarthy on down . Brett can play until he's 80 as far as I'm concerned.

25. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8