Should Aaron Feel Stupid?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I thought the very same thing. The catcher, can't remember his name, said that it's really a shame because Braun didn't NEED to juice.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't read through the 4 pages of replies to this thread, so maybe I am repeating what has already been said...here goes:

I don't think that Rodgers should feel stupid at all. He was sticking up for a friend. A friend who he NEVER EVER thought would lie to him. I would do the same thing for my good friend if he/she looked me in the eye on multiple occasions and said "No I am not" or "Yes, I am." to whatever the situation was. He trusted the wrong person and got lied to and burned.

What really peeves me is all of these people coming out of the woodwork saying that Aaron needs to pay up. Why? It wasn't a real bet, he was making a point about how steadfast he was in Braun's cleanliness. That is it. Drop it. I would say the same thing if it were any other athlete who made the same bet, regardless of sport or team.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but if a close friend of mine is being backed into a wall and tells me stone cold to my face that he didn't do anything wrong, I have his back 100% and would expect the same in return. That's what friends are for. Now if it turned out to be a lie, I would have to reevaluate our friendship.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but if a close friend of mine is being backed into a wall and tells me stone cold to my face that he didn't do anything wrong, I have his back 100% and would expect the same in return. That's what friends are for. Now if it turned out to be a lie, I would have to reevaluate our friendship.

Would you throw out insults to people who doubted your friend?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good cap for the original intent of this thread, which was should AR feel stupid. An obvious "no"
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/217234051.html

The most pointed comments any friend, teammate or associate of Ryan Braun has made came from former Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Zach Greinke on Friday.
On the same day that Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers told reporters, "It doesn't feel great being lied to," Greinke went a step further and said that Braun used friends and teammates to help perpetuate the lie that he had not taken performance-enhancing drugs.
It was almost as though Greinke saw Rodgers' comments and decided to clarify them through his own experience.
Asked whether his opinion on Braun as a player changed, Greinke replied, "Not even talking about the player. It’s just the person. Just the fact that he was willing to use anyone that got in his path. The closer you were to him, the more he would use you. It's just disappointing that a human being could be like that."
Rodgers was a bit more reserved in his comments on Friday, but it's likely the Rodgers had a similar experience as Greinke and felt hurt by it.
It's obvious Rodgers was naive in believing that Braun's urine sample had been tainted as the Brewers outfielder claimed, but Greinke's comments show to what length Braun went to support the lie. Rodgers said that Braun told him unequivocally that he was not guilty.
"I was shocked, I really was, just like many of you were," Rodgers said in front of 50 or more reporters jammed around his locker after the Packers' first practice Friday. "I was backing up a friend. He looked me in the eye on multiple occasions and repeatedly denied these allegations and said they were not true."
Greinke said he believed Braun, too.
"Oh, yeah, 100% believed him," Greinke said. "Everything was so convincing. He had people to blame. He seemed like a really good guy. He was a good teammate at the time. You don’t know the guys that he was pinning it on.
"I'm not positive, but I think everyone 100% believed him at the time. Especially the next year, he looked just as good as the year before. His numbers his whole career, Hall of Fame numbers. How could you not believe him? He was so convincing."
Rodgers would not say whether he was still friends with Braun. Greinke made it clear he isn't.
"The fact that even to this day he hasn’t had a real apology is really upsetting to me," Greinke said. "I thought about it a bunch. He still hasn’t really apologized."

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”
Abraham Lincoln

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

This might be hard for some of us to accept but Aaron Rodgers is HUMAN. He cant turn water into wine, he cant walk on water, and he cant feed the multitude with just fish and bread. He can and does make mistakes, and it is possible that at times he can be an idiot, and be fooled by friends.
His critisism of fans opinions of his friend and business partner wasn`t the brightest thing he`s ever done but he isn`t GOD.

"He isn`t the Messiah, he`s a very naughty boy !!!"......Life of Brian

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This might be hard for some of us to accept but Aaron Rodgers is HUMAN. He cant turn water into wine, he cant walk on water, and he cant feed the multitude with just fish and bread. He can and does make mistakes, and it is possible that at times he can be an idiot, and be fooled by friends.
His critisism of fans opinions of his friend and business partner wasn`t the brightest thing he`s ever done but he isn`t GOD.

"He isn`t the Messiah, he`s a very naughty boy !!!"......Life of Brian
Monty Python is perhaps Britain's greatest contribution to modern civilization. and yes, I'm aware England has had many such contributions.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the very same thing. The catcher, can't remember his name, said that it's really a shame because Braun didn't NEED to juice.
He has shot himself in the foot.
Even if he puts up the big numbers and returns to slugging form, it could take the media and the fans a very long time to believe that he isn't using PEDs even if his tests come back clean.
At some point it may be forgotten and time will heal those wounds.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll admit that I'm a Brewers fair weather fan. I would like to see them do well but when they are in the cellar, I have no problem saying they suck. (Which they do right now.)
The whole Braun/PED/Lying/Rodgers thing just never got to me.
What does get to me in regards to lies is when it is taken a serious step even further and lives are in the balance or lost because of the actions those lies lead to. History is full of politicians lying to the people to get what they want even if it means innocent civilians are killed. I find that to be more of a concern than just some sports guy where no lives are lost or even harmed.
With Braun and Rodgers, I always thought it was cool to see the two leading Wis. pro-sports guys hooking up. I was happy for them.
But now I think it should just be between those two to work it out.

This looks like the latest stuff from Rodgers:

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/ar...talks-ryan-braun-suspension-greg-jennings.htm

On Braun:

"The thing with Ryan was very tough, because he and I were very close friends, and he let me stick my neck out for him and wasn't honest with me. That's not something you can let just wash over you-you have to sit with that and deal with that, and it's frustrating. I'm dealing with it."

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts