1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shopping

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Aug 15, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Before anyone (MNsucks & Arrow) start up with their agenda that I'm more femanine than masculine since I started a thread about shopping of all things, I want to say I mean shopping about guy things.

sigh, now people think I'm going to ask advice about buying underwear or something. :p

Actually, I'm in the process of buying a new cell and laptop. I just wanted to know if it is always this hard to get such things.

I'm fed up. The same thing happened with the computer I wanted a while back. I go to buy it, low and behold the computer wasn't in stock.

A while back, I go and get a tv. The tv remote breaks down, and well guess what, there aren't any more in stock. I play the waiting game for a few months, until the waiting game is ended by the store filing for bankruptcy.

I needed to get some earphones replaced for MP3 (under warrenty, so they are free since the ones I got broke), so I go to the store, and well who could have seen this coming, they don't have them in stock. The usual "check back later" routine. Actually got the head phones in a week because I snapped, staying at the store and cursing the man in charge.

Now with the cell phone. I order it online, because supposedly I get a heck of a better discount. To sweeten the deal, they throw in a $50 gift card to Future Shop, an electronic store (Canadian version of Best Buy, and oddly enough both are owned by the same company now). Well I can't get the gift card, and one guess why.

Now this is interesting. The laptop I want, well guess what. It isn't in stock. Okay, well I'll get another one that is the exact same, except the screen is a little smaller, about an inch or so. The result? That laptop isn't in stock either. Basically I'm stuck choosing a laptop based on its availability.

The funny thing is, the store in question, besides Future Shop, is Best Buy. As icing on the cake, they won't take any rain checks, or place a call to get the item in quickly, or better yet hold it for me the next time it comes. I'm willing to pay upfront, heck even pay now. Unfortunately, I'm still here, without a cell phone and laptop. This is getting beyond ridiculous now. :tantrum:

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    you know what gets things accomplished with larger stores like those...a letter to the corporate offices. say basically the same thing you said escept maybe imbellish it a bit more and at the very least you'll get a rain check...hell, you might get some free stuff. naaaah lol.

they take complaints a lot more seriously when they get to the corporate level.

3. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Find out if they have a forum and then complain about it :lol:

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OR you could hit 'em with your purse, A-DAP!!! :)

anyway, i have a dell laptop which i bought online, directly from dell. it wasn't out of stock, no delays, got a free printer/copier to boot.

the lesson here is...you may have to pay a tad more but the time you've wasted with these "big box" stores isn't worth it.

good luck, aadp. :)

5. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    ohhh..burn!

6. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's hard to do anything with him wearing those high heels all the time.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I suggest BOXERS. I used to wear the "tighty whities", but switched a couple years ago and LOVE it! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Now, i THINK they are trying to pull the old "bait and switch" on you. Thats where they lure you in with a great deal, and OH! GUESS WHAT! It's out of STOCK! They then try to sell you a more EXPENSIVE thing then you wanted. If it had been me, i would have told them i was going to report them to the better business bureau (that have that up by you, don't they?) but i would have SAID it to a MANAGER. AND loud enough for just about everyone in the store to hear! THEN i would have asked for their corporate address and President's name.
    Now, here we have on our local FOX network affiliate, whats called "Contact 6", which is a lady in the news department that goes after companys that pull crap on customers like what happened to you. It's surprising how quick something gets done when a local TV station gets involved.

8. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Boxers are definitely the way to go.

9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Jus do NOT buy a Dell laptop.

10. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Zero care to expand.... might be a little late there bro. :-?

11. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    do you like live in te middle of nowhere? cuz I mean there are like 3 malls within like 20 minutes to a half hour of my house, and they all got some stores like circuit city and best buy, and you only have 2 stores close to you?

12. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The only big box stores in Canada are Future Shop and Best Buy (both of which are owned by Best Buy's US parent). Kind of sucks actually - very little competition.

13. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    whatever! i happen to love my dell laptop. it wasn't terribly expensive & though the battery has been recalled, i've had no problems with it since i got it a year or so ago. but if zero says not to buy one, you better not. :wink:

14. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Actually most laptops use the same type of battery (Lithium Ion) as do digital cameras, cell phones and other electronics. Dell is recalling 4.1 million of the things for about a half dozen incidences. Watch and see all the other recalls to follow! Dell just happens to be a little ahead of everyone else.

15. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Wait, I just ordered a dell laptop, and the recall of batteries is nwe to me.... :shock:

Yeah TO it really does suck, specifically for trying to get things a little cheaper. Can't trust the second hand stores, I have personal experience with that. As for circuit city, there are actually a couple of stores out beyond Missasauga (a city), along the way to Niagra Falls. That is actually to far for me to drive, since I have been more conservative with the higher gas prices.

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Several years ago, i bought a stereo for my car from KMart. They had it listed in their weekly brochere. It was like $20 (which was the TOP end of what i could afford at the time!) I went there, bought one, and tore out my old stereo and wired in the new one. Well, it must have took me a couple hours to take out the old one, the old speakers, and put all the new stuff in. I turned it on, expecting new beautiful sound, and.........NOTHING! So i tore out the "new" one, drove back to KMart and went to the customer service desk. I told them what happened, and they gave me another one. I went home, went through the hook up, turned it on, and.........NOTHING!!!! Now i was SO mad i didn't know WHAT to do! I went back to KMart, went to the customer service desk, and TRIED to keep my temper under control. I told the person at the desk that stereo #2 didn't work either. She called back to the stereo department, and they HAD no more! She said "You can always buy a better quality one." I said "Well, I just bought THIS one HERE!" And she says "What do you expect for $20"?" THAT did it.......now, anyone that knows me knows i NEVER lose my cool. I NEVER blow up. Well, this day i totally Lost it. I YELLED at the TOP of my lungs "If the stuff they sell here is JUNK, then WHY don't you just put a SIGN at the entrance that (and i pointed at the front doors, just 15 feet away where customers were coming in) says "WE SELL NOTHING BUT JUNK AT KMART!" My wife was standing back from me about 15 feet, and later told me how the store male employees were surronding me. I think they thought i was gonna hit someone! I was SO mad! I just spent most of the day taking out and putting in stereos, and had accomplished nothing! Well, the store manager came up to me, and said "Sir, please calm down! What can we do to make this right!" I told him all what happened, and how after 2 stereos, i had none that worked, and i couldn't afford a better one, that i came there because they had one i COULD afford! He took me back to the stereo department, and said "Which one do you want?" I pointed to the Jensen stereo in the case that was $120. He told the electonics guy to open up the case and GIVE it to me! I went home, hooked it up, and BEAUTIFUL music poured out! I got a $120 stereo for $20! Now, had i been my NORMAL way and let them screw me over, i would have had nothing. But the ONE time i lost my cool, i got a great stereo. Go figure! Thats when i realized that SOMETIMES you have to get mad and throw a fit to get anything done. I don't like having to be that way, but sometimes you have too.

17. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I like my Dell Laptop as well. :)