1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

ShopKo Stores Inc. to be sold

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by IPBprez, Aug 1, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
  2. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I love shopko......LOL

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I surprised to find out a few years back ShopKo originated from Green Bay. If we'ere lucky Wal-Mart will buy them out and put up more Super Centers!!!

4. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah. That would be nice. We have a super wal mart here in Wausau. The place is JAMMED packed almost all the time. It is open 24 hours and you drive by at 3 AM and the parking lot is pretty full.

5. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    ya wal-mart is just wonderful :roll:

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    When my gf and i first moved to menasha we had NOTHING in our house, no plates, dishs, nothing not even bread. we were both supercenter virgins and at bout 2am we decided we HAD to eat something an have something for us in the morning. we figured eggs and bacon would be great. well we went in there and didnt leave before spending 260 dollars. it was crazy how everything found its way into the cart. well we got eggs we have to have toast, since we got bread we might as well get jelly an peanut butter since were by the bread lets get buns since we got buns we need hamburgers which led to ketchcup etc etc etc

it was a good time and ive loved supercenters ever since!!

can u tell im bored off my Eh Fifty Five at work?

7. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheap prices;) Nice....... Anyone have Aldies stores around? We have on here. Cheap prices but I hate that flippin store!

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    We have a few Aldi stores but I wont go in one.

9. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    aldi? never heard of it. similar to a wal-mart?

10. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Aldi

Germany's answer (sort of) to Wal-Mart (Aldi is a German supermarket chain).

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

God no, not even close. They sell food for really cheap, but the locations in Green Bay have been known to well lets just say you get what you pay for and thats not saying much.

12. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love Wallmarts those stores hit Mexico and we all noticed we have been ripped off by mexican comercial chains for a long time, prices went down a lot for groceries, etc, etc, and you can find allmost everything in there.

Believe it or not 10 years ago if you wanted a nice smoked turkey for Xmas dinner you only had 1 option to buy it in a 3 million people city, and the bastard who owned that store will ask you to pay for it IN FULL 4 months before delivery and it was EXPENSIVE, now you get those at Supercenters and this punk has gone bankrupt..
    :wink:

13. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I went to Green Bay for the first time many years ago and got a packer jersey at shopko.

14. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Title Towel at a ShopKo. :)

It was sold to a Minneapolis based company. Say goodbye to all the Packers stuff. lol

Actually, the Fleet Farm near where I live sells a bunch of Packers things. Like they had a Lambeau Field fold-up table in the camping section. I think it's rather interesting considering I live in MN.