Shockey

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Hey..

I just figured out what TT's problem is....

He was a "defensive guy" in the NFL...

The question is..does he have what it takes as a GM to be able to build a good OFFENSE in the NFL..?? (and don't bring up Seattle because he did not build that team...he helped, but there were others involved...)

Good point, but I think he can. He did draft the OL men and Jennings afterall.

But, he did sign Manuel, YUCK! No one's perfect.

With Seattle he was the draft guy.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm hoping TT proves me wrong this year with the offense....

(That other post wasn't for you Zero...)

(Seattle needs to smack Rexy around a bit like the Packers did and he'll come unglued..Go HAWKS!)

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) he's not going to get out of his contract
2) he had a really good rookie year and he hasn't done anything since. He's just full of himself and players like that never turn out to be much.

gbpackers0065

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i live in the NY area and at the beginning of last season he cut his hair and tryed to be serious but he gave that up

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
P@ck66 said:
Didn't Wolf make Reggie the highest paid player at the time..?

Yeah..

I guess his Wolf's style was for winning...so why wouldn't that be TT's style as well...?

Everyone has their own style. Wolf's isn't the only style and that's the end of it. Wolf also didn't go out and make everyone the highest paid player in the NFL. No matter where Reggie White signed that year he would've been the higest paid Defensive player of that time. New England has a different style and it has worked well.

Not everyone can execute New England's philosophy...except someone coming from N.E., imo..

If you recall...I advocated for Mangina...I mean...Mangini to be the coach of the GB Packers a while back...Then you would have something close to N.E. you need someone who can run the system.

There is also the Jimmy Johnson way. The Steelers have their own way. Let's not forget Dan Snyder's attempt to buy a Super Bowl every off season. Every off season he fails.

Plenty of ways to get it done.

As for money. You always need to leave cap room for your team. If your draft picks are going to pan out those guys are going to want extensions and if you have the money you should give them it. I for one would love to see last years core remain in Green Bay for a long time. That's why we should leave cap room open.

Though when Favre retires we could use that money to sign guys like Jennings, Colledge, and Spitz to extensions in the future.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a old post from ADDP. I'm bumping for an entertaining look back. Do you still agree with your opinion after yesterdays game?

AADP's initial post is pretty accurate, high risk and reward.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd still take him. Shockey will want to go to Miami whenever he's a free agent. He has a home there and played college ball at the U.

Members online

Latest posts