Shockey

Reaction score
There is talk of Shockey getting out of his contract to become a FA.

My question is that would he be a good fit here (IF he chooses to sign)? He is obnoxious, irritating, and sometimes a big jerk but you can't deny his playmaking ability.

However McCarthy is a young coach, and the youngsters on this team have been coming in and fitting into a peaceful and calm environment. They aren't out spoken, or ones to show boat after making a hard catch, and that is always refreshing to see.

On the other hand, Shockey's antics can sometimes motivate a team. You have to admit, watching him willingly fight for extra yards without his helmet, and then have a smile on his face and wink over at the sidelines after getting up might just be the type of attitude that could come in handy in giving the Packers team a bit of a nasty streak.

Shockey has never (to the best of my knowledge) pulled of stunts off the field that would indicate he has some major issues.

With that said, do you think Shockey (IF, and that is a big IF, he signs in GB) would be a good fit with the group of people already in the locker room and would his on field antics be acceptable as a Packer?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If GB feels they can control him then I think you make an attempt to sign him. However this team cannot make Jeremey Shockey our leader. He is not cut out to be a leader. Donald Driver, Brett Favre, Al Harris, Nick Barnett are our leaders pretty much. Shockey cannot be put in that kind of a role.

So high risk/reward signing. Green Bay might be a city that would do him some good since we're not exactly New York and our media is a little more friendly.

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he doesnt want to come to GB....no show, no gossip, not a lot of discos and strips clubs....no way

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Favre to Shockey TD would sound awfully sweeeeet!!!

I think this team needs a little swagger and attitude to shake things up on the field. He would be a definite weapon in the passing game and would open things up for the WR's...

I say go after him if they have no shot at Gonzalez...

(Favre to Shockey, Moss, Driver, K-Rob, and Jennings would light Lambeau up like a Christmas tree all damn year..!!! Grrrrrr.....)

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Favre to Shockey TD would sound awfully sweeeeet!!!

I think this team needs a little swagger and attitude to shake things up on the field. He would be a definite weapon in the passing game and would open things up for the WR's...

I say go after him if they have no shot at Gonzalez...

(Favre to Shockey, Moss, Driver, K-Rob, and Jennings would light Lambeau up like a Christmas tree all damn year..!!! Grrrrrr.....)

Why do people still want Moss? My god

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cause we wanna win....damnit!!

(And if Moss can return to form with Favre keeping him in line...could be a very special thing!)

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing, in my opinion he would be able to fit.

He will always be willing to say something that might be better left unsaid, but you can't deny the guy also walks the walk.

I think Favre would love to play with him, Shockey has a passion for the game and more importantly really isn't one to think "oh no that'll hurt" when trying to go after a play. Reminds me of Brett, and after I saw Shockey smiling and winking at the sidelines, I just couldn't help think he'd be an instant favourite of the fans, if for nothing else than his passion.

Going for extra yardage without a helmet, and without trying to even duck your head or appearing to give a damn about your safety is crazy..... but a good kinda crazy that is rarely seen in the NFL today.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To much swagger or attitude will destroy the team though. So while you need a guy like this we don't need several guys like this. I think you have to decide on one or the other. Not both. I'll take Shockey over Moss because of need but I don't want both on the team.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt we will get an impact playmaker who doesn't bring the swag along.
I know many here do not like all the crap that goes with high profile players. The bottom line is getting a couple of guys that know how to get in the endzone will mean putting up with the junk they pull along with it.

I figure our offensive output in yards SHOULD have produced 10 to 12 more TD's. (Based on the number of TD's other teams with similar outputs scored).

A Moss or Shockey type is good for about 6 to 8 and their presence on the field will generate the rest amongst DD, Jennings, etc. by opening it up more for them as well.

If we HAD scored 10 to 12 more TD's this year we would all know what we would be doing this weekend.

If I have to watch some guy wiggle his *** or whatever so be it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man...I dunno if I would like getting Shockey. I like Shockey, but I dunno if I like him on GB. He's loud, sometimes obnoxious, but he DOES bring it on Sundays. He is a solid leader (he was consoling Eli last week during his struggles, while everyone else wouldn't go near him, which itself is funny)..

I'd rather have him over Tony G though.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the field, Shockey is a pure playmaker. He has a good shot at the Hall by the time he finishes.

Off the field, he's stated many times that he loves the NY party scene. Pretty sure Club Five Six or whatever isn't quite enough to compare to it.

IF he left the Giants, and IF he went crazy and saw GB as a place he could live in, and IF TT, or Tightwad Ted, as some posters so adoringly call him, ponied up the cash to make the highest-paid active TE, (which is what I think it would take for any team to sign him) then, yes, I'd be glad to have him on the team.

I think MM has a knack for getting into players' heads and communicating with them on a level that they're comfortable with. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just kinda looks like that to me. I think he'd be stellar.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Cause we wanna win....damnit!!

(And if Moss can return to form with Favre keeping him in line...could be a very special thing!)

Oh yeah...Moss has had great success in the past at winning....That is if he wasnt walking off the field...or taking a play or two tottaly off...or mooning the packer fans.....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

How could you not want a guy who plays the game like this..?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

How could you not want a guy who plays the game like this..?

Can't argue with his desire. Like I said before Green Bay might be a good fit for him because he can stay out of trouble and GB isn't exactly a huge media attraction unless your talking Brett Favre.

I think if GB makes him the highest paid TE ever he'd come here. I'd be for it but I wouldn't be for having both Moss and Shockey. To much ego on one team can be bad IMO.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shockey is a grade A ******* off the field, but he is a good, hard-nosed football player. Maybe he would come here if he decided to get more serious about life in general instead of going to clubs. It is an intriguing thought.

Members online

Latest posts