1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sherrod/Green/Quarless Injury Updates

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, Apr 2, 2012.

1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    From the JSOnline:
    Sounds like Green will be full speed in camp, Sherrod will be a little hobbled, and Quarless won't participate.

2. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    If I was able to choose the order of readiness for each of those guys, this would be it. I hope for Green to be 100% at the start of camp. For Sherrod, I am ok with him focusing on his development for 2012. Any game time is a bonus and Ted needs to plan to get to the SB without Sherrod. Let's not rush him. Quarless is the least needed, considering the roster.

3. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Thankfully none of these guys are need to be on the field type players. I think Sherrod gets hurt the most by the time off. Will be another year of grooming for him. I think Alex Green has a chance to be a contributor as well, but neither him or Quarless need to make an immediate impact.

4. yallniggascheesewiz

yallniggascheesewiz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    We saw flashes of what Green can do in the pre-season. He has the ability to take it to the house. Even with his bulkier frame he has a deceptive quickness in his hips and good acceleration. I would like to see him take the next step and become a regular in the rotation at RB. From a purely developmental standpoint, Green Bay is pretty well set on RBs; they have the talent but they need to produce now.

5. GnGFan4Ever

GnGFan4Ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm glad to hear green and sherrod should be participating to some degree. This is worrisome to hear about quarless. he was improving as an all around player. I can't wait to see some more of brandon saine.

6. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Quarless can get healthy and get cut. I think he would have been gone this year after they decided which draft picks to keep on the roster anyways.

7. GnGFan4Ever

GnGFan4Ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I could see them shipping him out of town if a roster spot is needed for a rookie. I really like him as a backup for Finley though. Would probably be so much better this season. I guess we wait and see.

8. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Thank you for the update. I'm thinking we will draft an OT in the 4th or 5th round as one
    backup with possibly Clifton returning and hopefully Sherrod will be ready at the start of
    the season, or at least ready midway in the season if he's put on the PUP list.

I'd still like the Packers to pursue Demetrius Bell to add some competition, but haven't
    heard any updates for a week now.

9. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Sherrod’s injury really hurts him IMO. He, along with all the newcomers – draftees, UDFAs, street FAs – all missed their first off season up to training camp. Green caught on much quicker but Sherrod needed all the work he could get and now it looks like he’ll miss all the pre-TC work again. Quarless’ injury looked really bad, career affecting if not ending bad, so I won’t be surprised if he agrees to an injury settlement and is released. But had he not gotten injured he wouldn't have had the potential of Finley as a pass catching threat at TE but he wasn't that far behind IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GnGFan4Ever

GnGFan4Ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    That's how I felt about quarless. could catch and block well enough. I hope he doesn't need to hang it up with Collins. Possibly losing two players to injury. Surprised there wasn't more injuries on the defences gotta take your momentum away before you lay a hit.

11. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Are we reading too much into the Quarless injury statement? It does say he is making good progress.

12. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I'd like to see more of DJ Williams
    [​IMG]
    cut quarless and crabtree

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Green had the injury end of Oct

Andrew middle of Dec..

so time frames will be off just cuz of the time frames. Andrews was far worse and at the time there was even talk it could make him miss most of 2012

14. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    Yeah, it sounds like Quarless is making good progress but that doesn't mean that he'll be ready for camp or even the season. Not many guys shred their knees at the end of the season and then are able contribute much the next year.

15. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I've resigned myself to not expect to see these guys at full strength/full confidence until 2013.

16. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Even if Quarless was healthy all last year I thought he was destined to be cut before or during camp this year. I like DJ, Crabtree, Taylor and of course Finley and that tweener receiver/TE that was on the practice squad. Most of you must be seeing something I was not because I thought Quarless aside from being able to block was extremely unimpresive.

17. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    He doesn't even fight for the yards; even Crabtree does that...

18. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    What I saw in Quarless was the second best pass catching TE on the team. Unfortunately this may now be a moot point because he may never be the same - his best IMO asset was his size/speed ratio and his speed may be compromised now. I'm looking forward to seeing the youngsters too - DJ Williams should benefit from a full off season and Taylor looked like the ST's "stud" he was supposed to be and a better all-round TE than I think they expected. BTW, I think Taylor is the biggest challenge to Crabtree for a roster spot.

19. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    I guess that I look to his rookie season when he was the all-day tight end after Finley's injury. When you come in for a play or two, you should be making the most of every opportunity, but I don't think that we saw his best in 2011. Looking at his 2010 season combined with 2011, he's showed promise but needed to step it up if Finley left. Now with Finley here and a gaggle of other tight ends fighting for a spot, I think Quarless may get the short stick. We'll see how much he wants to fight his way back onto the field.