Sherrod and Worthy Sign with KC

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im shocked at how uneventful Worthys time in GB was... He was a one man wrecking crew at Michigan state. If he would have translated to our NFL system, I would think he was a ideal 3-4 DE..... More like a bump on a log.
Sherrod is a sad story. He had a long NFL career cut real short his rookie year with the broken leg. I hope he manages to get it back... Even if its not in GB.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With additions like that it's hard to figure why Kansas City hasn't been in a Super Bowl since 1969.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is exactly why I don't blame Ted, every time one of his picks doesn't pan out. As a Purdue grad, I'm aware of pretty much all of the Big Ten players who get drafted and Worthy was amazing at M State. For whatever reason, he couldn't translate it here, or stay healthy, for that matter.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Both very low risk signings by the Chiefs. Wasn't Worthy's best attribute in college his quick first step? That did not translate to the NFL even before he got injured. And Mandarich was a steroid creation, not analygous to Worthy IMO.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish both good luck and good health. Hopefully they can resurrect their careers.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KC also signed Zombo, Dezmon Moses, and Jerron McMillian prior to last season.

I think Zombo still plays on special teams only. I suspect Worthy will join Moses and McMillian as former NFL players before next season starts.

As for Sherrod, with the huge need for OTs in the NFL, the fact not one team signed Sherrod after GB cut him in October is a pretty good indicator of how little the league thinks of his future.

Members online

Latest posts