Sherman's press conference

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got done watching Sherman's press conference on Packers.com and I heard a few interesting things. First, it sounds like Green is done for the year. I missed the first part when he talked about Fergy's injury, so I don't know about him.

First, yesterday after the game I heard Larry McCaren interview Donald Driver on the Packer Game Day radio show. Donald was asked why he disappeared in the second half and he said he didn't know because the Vikings were playing the same coverage as the first half. Today, Sherman was asked the same question about Driver, and he said it wasn't what the Viking did in the second half because they continued to play quarters defense. He said, "Maybe we didn't highlight him enough."
To me, this is the best evidence yet that Sherman and Rossley have their heads up their ***es. Your only viable receiving threat has over 100 yds in the first half and in the second half you totally forget about him. Wow.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess one of the oldest and most revered creeds of NFL is...you keep doing what is working until the opposition figures out how to stop it. The Driver statement that the Vikes didn't change their coverage on him damns MS & Rossley play-calling. It's one thing to lose by being outgunned, quite another to beat yourself.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In one of the articles I read in today's paper, Driver said Minnesota double teamed him the entire second half. He went on to say that if teams do that the rest of the season, other receivers will have to pick up the slack.

???????????? What's up Donald?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the teams came out for the 2nd half, FOX reported that after interviewing Tice, that they were going to double Driver more often in the 2nd half.

Me and my friends at the time thought Tice was stupid for not doing it right away when Ferguson was injured.

With no running game to keep the defense honest, and Walker and Fergy hurt, Driver is going to be covered like a blanket. If Favre would throw into the double coverage to Driver, then people would be complaining that Favre is forcing the ball.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kyle said:
Just got done watching Sherman's press conference on Packers.com and I heard a few interesting things. First, it sounds like Green is done for the year. I missed the first part when he talked about Fergy's injury, so I don't know about him.

First, yesterday after the game I heard Larry McCaren interview Donald Driver on the Packer Game Day radio show. Donald was asked why he disappeared in the second half and he said he didn't know because the Vikings were playing the same coverage as the first half. Today, Sherman was asked the same question about Driver, and he said it wasn't what the Viking did in the second half because they continued to play quarters defense. He said, "Maybe we didn't highlight him enough."
To me, this is the best evidence yet that Sherman and Rossley have their heads up their ***es. Your only viable receiving threat has over 100 yds in the first half and in the second half you totally forget about him. Wow.

I have been triyng to find a way to support Sherman but after watching his press conferences I have been convinced, every day alittle bit more, that he is not capable to run a team like this, but he is totslly capable to ruin it as he has been doing so far.

I must admit that I got the same impresion, the team is done for the season, can you imagine being a player and listening to your HC speak in that way ? It will be like going to a war in wich your General states that everything is lost or being on a boat in the middle of a storm and listening to the Captain as he cries in his quarters..

I dont get it with Shermy Boy, if he had some pride he should just resign and take his body Rossley with him,,,,but this is not going to happen.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts