Shermanator Signs One Of His Own

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have signed free agent LB Roy Manning (Packers) to an undisclosed contract.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good! He is good enough to be in the NFL.
He was not a Sherman pick or signing but a rookie free agent last year who worked hard for a roster spot. I thought he outplayed White but that doesn't matter now. He is an example of increased talent on the Packers not a failure on his part.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Manning is a TT guy, not a Sherman guy.

Yes TT signed him, but this distinction is silly. Manning has only played under one Pro Head coach and that was Sherman.

I am sure that Sherman probably said that he saw potential in Manning and the HC in Texas (who is quite close to Sherman) and the defensive coordinator trusted his evaluation and brought him in for a workout.

they must have liked what they saw.

I wish Manning nothing but the best -- he is a hardworking kid who got caught up in a very competitive numbers game in GB. But I agree with CaliforniaCheez -- he has the talent to be in the NFL.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning was the only player Thompson cut who I thought was good enough to be on an NFL roster. It's not such a good sign that he was the only one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts