1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shermanator Signs One Of His Own

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerLegend, Sep 6, 2006.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have signed free agent LB Roy Manning (Packers) to an undisclosed contract.

2. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good! He is good enough to be in the NFL.
    He was not a Sherman pick or signing but a rookie free agent last year who worked hard for a roster spot. I thought he outplayed White but that doesn't matter now. He is an example of increased talent on the Packers not a failure on his part.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup.....he seemed like a good player. They just had an overload at LB.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Manning is a TT guy, not a Sherman guy.

5. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes TT signed him, but this distinction is silly. Manning has only played under one Pro Head coach and that was Sherman.

I am sure that Sherman probably said that he saw potential in Manning and the HC in Texas (who is quite close to Sherman) and the defensive coordinator trusted his evaluation and brought him in for a workout.

they must have liked what they saw.

I wish Manning nothing but the best -- he is a hardworking kid who got caught up in a very competitive numbers game in GB. But I agree with CaliforniaCheez -- he has the talent to be in the NFL.

6. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Manning was the only player Thompson cut who I thought was good enough to be on an NFL roster. It's not such a good sign that he was the only one.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Manning was ok. I hope he does well!