Sherman/Rosseley...snakes in the grass?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Interesting little clip on Favre on ESPN today...

After the Jaworski interview..Tom Jackson intimated that based on the moves that the Packers made this year, he thinks that decisions may have been made by the Green Bay Packer organization to force Favre into retirement.

He thinks that by the Packers picking Rodgers instead of a defensive stud...and asking Favre to tutor him...that they are really not interested in a championship this year. Also, he mentioned the fact that the Packers did not resign their guards..and that this is going to make this year even harder for Favre with no protection and a weak defense (like KC) to compensate for to win football games, and that once Favre sees the writing on the wall...he will put 2X2 together...and retire...which is part of GB's overall plan.....

Steve Young also chimed in and said that at a certain point, the 49er's told him that they, "we're not playing for championships anymore...", and that's when he retired.

(I found this really curious, because what the hell would you be playing for then..if not for championships?)

Is it possible, given Rosseley's disrespect for Favre's abilities, and his desire to pound the rock ad nauseum (imo..someone should pound the rocks in his head)...is it just possible say... that Rosseley sat down with Sherman and TT and decided that the Packers were going to be basically a running team...with the occaisional short pass (ala Paul Hackett), and over the next year or so, force Favre into retiring while rebuilding and trying to work Aaron Rodgers in as the next QB of the GB Packers?

Does Rosseley have more power over Sherman than we know, and is he the one, perhaps, calling the shots?

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Sherman/Rosseley the Snakes...?

P@ck66 said:
Interesting little clip on Fave on ESPN today...

After the Jaworski interview..Tom Jackson intimated that based on the moves that the Packers made this year, he thinks that decisions may have been made by the Green Bay Packer organization....to force Favre into retirement.

He thinks by the Packers picking Rodgers instead of a defensive stud...and asking Favre to tutor him...that they are really not interested in a championship this year..Also, he mentioned the fact that the Packers did not resign their guards..and that this is going to make this year even harder for Favre with no protection and a weak defense (like KC) to compensate for to win football games, and that once Favre sees the writing on the wall...he will put 2X2 together...and retire...which is part of GB's overall plan.....

Steve Young also chimed in and said that at a certain point, the 49er's told him that they, "we're not playing for championships anymore...", and that's when he retired.

(I found this really curious, because what the hell would you be playing for then..if not for championships?)

Is it possible, given Rosseley's disrespect for Favre's abilities, and his desire to pound the rock ad nauseum (imo..someone should pound the rocks in his head)...is it just possible say... that Rosseley sat down with Sherman and TT and decided that the Packers were going to be basically a running team...with the occaisional short pass (ala Paul Hackett), and over the next year or so, force Favre into retiring while rebuilding and trying to work Aaron Rodgers in as the next QB of the GB Packers?

Does Rosseley have more power over Sherman than we know, and is he the one, perhaps, calling the shots?

they are looking to the future here.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a bunch of idiots looking for ghosts. No one is trying to get Favre to retire. That's just stupid talk.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Slick,

Yes..he was..and he declined. He told them that that Rodgers can watch and learn...

Speculation? maybe...we'll have to see how this season turns out now..... won't we?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Slick,

Yes..he was..and he declined. He told them that that Rodgers can watch and learn...

Speculation? maybe...we'll have to see how this season turns out now..... won't we?

When and where because everything I heard TT and Sherman say is Brett is a player and not a coach (Brett has said the same things aswell) and they hope Rodgers watchs and learns. Never once have I heard any inclination of them wanting Brett to sit a side and tutor him. In fact they said he's got too much with his family the last few years to even consider asking him that.

If you can post a creditable source from TT or Sherman asking brett to be a tutor I would love to see it because honestly I don't believe it for a second.

How can anyone ask someone to tutor someone that's been through everything he has been in the last few years?

Members online

Latest posts