Sherman outcoached

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Sherman was totally outcoached (again) in the 2nd half by none other than the brilliant Mike Tice. Nuff said!

i'm not sure that i would say he was outcoached - i'd say he didn't even show up the 2nd half!!!! :-?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty well sums it up. Anyone out there still willing to defend MS/TR after this one. Sadly, I knew it was over after our first possession of the 2nd half....had all the hallmarks of a Sherman/Rossley choke job with the terrible play selection.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, I am.

Take away hero-boy Brett's interceptions and the games another story.

It was a tight game- Sherman-haters, and you forget that the flip side is Sherman outcoached Tice in the first half. I guess you know who your friends are when times get tough.

The entirety of the Packers problems don't rest with Mike Sherman and if you can't see it, sorry. He's an easy scape-goat, but TT and Brett Favre has as much to do with it as well.

Plus the offensive line has gone to hell. Is Larry Beightol and idiot now?

There's a bunch of you that simply can't accept the fact this team is rebuilding and losses come in rebuilding.

Sorry...even if Sherman is fired, he's going to get the shaft. I happen to think this is one of his better coaching years, given the level of talent out there...or doesn't that matter, geniuses?

I know, Turkey-Boy can do no wrong. I would sit Brett's *** down until he stops throwing the rock to the wrong team. A punt is better than an interception. Football 101.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net...please explain to me why Mike Sherman, competent offensive mind that you believe him to be, would completely ignore his TE's for three whole quarters. Could have used them on short routes to substitute for runs, could have hit them up the seam as the safety rolled out to double up Driver. Let's face it...when Driver is doubled, which he was much of the night, something comes open. Why does not the genius exploit this.

Believe me, I can tolerate losing if the effort and the coaching is there but we are simply outmatched. In this game like so many others, the coaches could/shoulda done more to put the offensive players int position to succeed. They didn't.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett seemed to have tunnel vision until the 4th quarter yesterday (DD)...was that a result of what was called, or was Brett for the most part looking at the same 1 or 2 guys for most plays? Honestly, I don't know, just bringing up food for thought.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy, Favre threw to 9 different players in that game...many in the first half. TEs got a few scraps early and during the "oops, I let it get away from me" MS panic mode. For three quarters our TE's, all of whom have proven themselves competend and all of whom were healthy, were completely ignored by Mike Sherman, "offensive genius".

Hey, defense stacking the line to take away the run? Try wiggling TEs out to the flat, or better yet, burn them on the vacated areas with short slants to make the D back off the line and maybe allow the running game to get in gear.

That net wishes to put it all of Favre is humorous. He is the only thing that keeps us in games.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
truth be told, I wasn't paying too much attention to what the TEs were doing off the line, but in the event that they weren't being properly utilized, or running short hook routes in the open spots etc., then you're right, it was a substantial blunder on MS' part.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check it out musccy. Best option would be to use 5 - 10 yard quick slants, hooks and the occasional seam to pull the backers off. None of which was done by Mike Sherman, "Offensive Genius".

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Digs dont matter what Sherman does if Favre is throwing INTS. I am one of the biggest Favre supporters around but I can see that Thi game was thrown away by Favre and the rest of the team. I actually think they are starting to loose heart.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre doesn't have to throw into double coverage on Driver and risk the INTs if someone, and who might that someone be, dials up the TEs and actually manages the offensive flow.

Plays in and of themselves are all good. But like constructing a patchwork quilt, it only looks good is the patches (plays) are coordinated and complement the other. Otherwise, you have some real ugly ****! It seems like MS/TR dump their allotment of plays into a hat and pull them out randomly instead of coordinating them to work together.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, since you've dubbed some of us "sherman-haters", let me ask you "sherman-lovers" if you REALLY feel he's fighting for his team, day in & day out, week in & week out??? he stands on the sidelines with NO EMOTION AT ALL - it absolutely DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!! i don't know beans about coaching - never been one - my guess is most of you haven't either. as a player in sports, i ALWAYS performed better for coaches who had fire in their stomach. that was the style of coaching i enjoyed best. those are the coaches i would play the hardest for - NO MATTER WHAT!! i am NOT a sherman hater - i just don't like his style of coaching - bottom line!

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Illy he does show emotion but when you are gettin beat what would you want to see him throwing a temper tantrum on the field. Every shot I see of him after a miss cue on the field is of him mouthing the fword or other explecitives. I am not a Sherman lover and feel he deserves blame but I also feel that it is a team sport and the whole thing has failed Yes even Favre has had a crappy year. Injuries and other matters have thrown this team into the abyss I hope that Favre comes back and yes I know Sherman will be back to if he is not it will Surprise the hell out of me. TT better make the right moves in the Offseason or his head will be on a pike in front of Lambeua (figeratively ofcourse) Perhaps Sherman would do well to just say f it and play sandlot ball I think he would have more success

Members online

Latest posts