Sherman...on the ropes?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Opposing views are welcome. Instigation and irritation is no better than flamming. As long as he just objects and has a civil conversation on his points against, DePack is fine. If he just says things to PO people that's another story.

Why is it when Pack 66 or steal wheels voices an inflammatory vendetta and hateful posts, it is an opposing view and when DePack posts a contrary opinion, its a personal attack?

DePack doesn't attack the person, he attacks the post. Sarcasm is a counter opinion.

If you are going to apply the 'OPPOSING VIEWPOINT' argument, how about applying it both ways?

stuffin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: JW04

P@ck66 said:
JW084...i totally agree with you regarding Sherman...but you forgot to mention the Jet game a few years ago...that was horrendous...and it was for home-field advantage throughout the playoffs....talk about not being able to motivate your players!

I was at that game with a Jet buddy of mine. We left to beat traffic about mid 4th Q. As we were getting on the NJ Turnpike the fireworks went off over the stadium again and my Jet Buddy started a sickening laugh. He was not rubbing it in, but was proud of his team and how they responded to the game. If you remember, Miami blew a big lead that day and let the Jets into The Playoffs.

And I think that Jet game was a telling of Sherman, cause every big game since his team has managed to, well history is well recorded.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Depack, Ryan, et al...

And I would request that the administrators keep in mind that this individual may be unbalanced, have an axe to grind, and not intelligent or mature enough to accept the fact that we live in a free society, and in that society, the free exchange of discourse and ideas is still one the rights that we have in this country. And if my ideas, or another poster's ideas, are offensive to an individual, it is that individual's right to refute those ideas through sane and rational discourse, instead of personal attacks, invective, and slander.

THAT statement isn't a personal attack against DePack?

Who's the the pot calling the kettle black?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should be on the ropes for what he has done to the personel of this team. Hopefully Thompson can ressurect the talent level. Now if Sherm can just coach he may be all right, but I do believe he's on the way out the door.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
P@ck66 said:
Depack, Ryan, et al...

And I would request that the administrators keep in mind that this individual may be unbalanced, have an axe to grind, and not intelligent or mature enough to accept the fact that we live in a free society, and in that society, the free exchange of discourse and ideas is still one the rights that we have in this country. And if my ideas, or another poster's ideas, are offensive to an individual, it is that individual's right to refute those ideas through sane and rational discourse, instead of personal attacks, invective, and slander.

THAT statement isn't a personal attack against DePack?

Who's the the pot calling the kettle black?

I agree with you Obi1 this is what we are trying to stop. I don't know why people discussing if Sherman is a good coach or not have to bring things like ]
Sherman ***** your sister and shot your dog
or
this individual may be unbalanced, have an axe to grind, and not intelligent or mature enough to accept the fact that we live in a free society,
These have nothing to do with the subject at hand. If you have a problem with a post someone has made press the blue box in the corner of the message to inform Ryan and the moderators. As Ryan said we have learn the dynamics of the people on the board and what they find offensive and this will help us learn what the people think is acceptable and what they don't. It also give someone the opportunity to complain about the post without replying to it and carrying on the problem.

Later
Leopardmech

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a Sherman fan either. I was at first, especially with him growing up a Packer fan.There are quite a number of reasons I've changed. I like Rossley even less, and keeping him is one of the reasons I have changed my opinion of Sherman.

I won't go into other reasons now because MS and TR are going to be our coaches for the coming year whether we like it or not. So I will wish them well and give them my support in hopes the Packers do well.

stump5454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cant we all just get along. We should all play nice. I think MS has done a good job coaching. As a Gm he struck out more oft than not. Everyone blamed JJohnson on him,but at the time of the original signing, everyone was saying it was the best off season signings. I think we set up for a good run this year. Coaching is huge and Bates will have the D ranked 15-20, and our offense will be top 5 again. :beersign:

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stump5454 said:
Everyone blamed JJohnson on him,but at the time of the original signing, everyone was saying it was the best off season signings.

Not everyone my friend, I was against that deal from day one. JJ was done that's why N.O. dumped him. N.O. saw Sherman coming on that one.

The Packers were supposed to pick up Jeremiah Trotter but Sherman thought he was cute picking up Joe "over-the-hill" Johnson and Hardy "over-the-hill" Nickerson in a 2 for 1 instead of Trotter. The rest is history.

ameuret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey if we are in a rebuilding process i dont expect him to produce that big in the playoffs. the last few years it hasnt even been his fault that they have lost some playoff games. look at that game two years ago with favres interception in the fourh quarter agianst the eagles. it wasnt shermans fault. or in his first year when we played the rams in the playoffs and favre had so many int's.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The playoff performance issue is a tough situation. Let's face it, for the past few seasons now we've all seen a pretty talented team out there...

But some games, it's strange...They just lose focus. *sighs* It is a problem.
Not sure if bringing in a "motivator" would be an good all-around call. I think it's more on the players than the coach to realize the obvious importance of all situations in our short season.

But, in the end, I made the decision a few years back to go with Mike Sherman as my coach as long as he will do the job.

Calling Sapp a chicken-$hit after that bush league crap he pulled, and getting up in Sapp's face...Mike doing what he could...I was just so proud somebody had the b@lls to do it for me when I wanted to so bad, and couldn't. I was surprised and thrilled to see that from normally mild-mannered Mike Sherman. Mike stood up for a fallen Packer there. Mike knew it wasn't the time to smile and shake hands like that coward Sapp wanted. He truley stepped up. I still pray that pay back will come someday...But I'm losing hope in this man's (and I use the term lightly) NFL. That play should not go un-policed by Packers players, either present or future. Man, it still burns my toast.! :evil:

Yep, Mike Sherman can coach my football team as long as he wants to.

ameuret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no my spelling is bad because i type pretty fast and i dont pay ne attention to what letters i am useing. if it sounds good or sounds close i type it.

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about the Pack being headed for a few lean years unless they spend some bucks on Veteran "D" players. Up to this point, they have passed on the "D" and everyone knows that. We suffered through four years now with great seasons going sour because our "D" failed in the clutch. Wise up Pack and bring in some REAL talent!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all those calling for Sherman's head, I have only one question:

Who do you propose he be replaced with?

I don't think Sherman is doing a bad job at all... Our biggest problem last year was an inconsistant defence. I suspect that will turn around with the new DC. If so, we are in far better shape than we were last year.

As far as our defensive players go, I recall watching them play some very good football against good teams, as well as watching them play some god-awful football against some lousy teams (my first game at Lambeau was watching the Tennessee fiasco last October). IMO, the root of out defensive problems was coaching, not the players.

In 1958, the Pack suffered their worse record in franchise history (1-10-1). I am sure you are all aware how many future Hall of Fame members suffered throughout that losing season. In 1959, Vince Lombardi took over and the rest is history. Now this does not mean that I believe that changing our DC will turn the Pack into a defensive powerhouse, but I predict that under Jim Bates we will see a definate improvement over last year.

Time will tell,

Robert C. Hedley

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the preseason games we had a thread with Sherman's future in Green Bay being questioned. There were inclinations before the season started regarding Mike Sherman's contract extension.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like how Sherman hires his incompetent friends (Rossley) then lets them take us into mediocrity or worse, but Sherman will never go. As I said in another thread, Favre said he'll retire if Sherman goes and Brett calls the shots. We're stuck. It's not all Sherman's fault, but imo he isn't helping matters.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The Packers have been "Paper Tigers" under Mik

TOPackerFan said:
Steel Wheels said:
Over the past 3 seasons the Packers have run up a 32-16 regular season record under HC Sherman. Not bad for any team.

A closer examination of the facts shows the Packers were 14-4 against the NFC North, one of the weakest divisions in the NFL.

That leaves Sherman a record of 18-12 against the rest of the NFL in regular season. Tack on his 1-3 record in the playoffs over the past 3 seasons and you wind up with 19-15.

The NFC North was often viewed as being a very weak division due to the poor records of the three teams other than the Packers but one significant reason for their overall poor records was the annual beating that we gave each of the Queens, Bears and Lions i.e. you can say the Packers were good because the NFC North was weak, but, IMO it's equally true that the NFC North was weak because the Packers were so good under Mike Sherman. You can intrepret stats pretty much any way you want.

So the Pack beating the Queens, Bears and Lions at no more than 2 games each, contibuted to pathetic records the other 14 games they played???

I am confused on that one, considering we didn't sweep every team in the NFC North every year we played them.

GO PACK!

Regards,

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts