Sherman...on the ropes?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The Packers have been "Paper Tigers" under Mik

Steel Wheels said:
Over the past 3 seasons the Packers have run up a 32-16 regular season record under HC Sherman. Not bad for any team.

A closer examination of the facts shows the Packers were 14-4 against the NFC North, one of the weakest divisions in the NFL.

That leaves Sherman a record of 18-12 against the rest of the NFL in regular season. Tack on his 1-3 record in the playoffs over the past 3 seasons and you wind up with 19-15.

The NFC North was often viewed as being a very weak division due to the poor records of the three teams other than the Packers but one significant reason for their overall poor records was the annual beating that we gave each of the Queens, Bears and Lions i.e. you can say the Packers were good because the NFC North was weak, but, IMO it's equally true that the NFC North was weak because the Packers were so good under Mike Sherman. You can intrepret stats pretty much any way you want.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gbpack said:
P@ck66 said:
Who thinks that this should be the year that Sherman HAS to produce in the playoffs, or be gone?

Just taking an informal poll here....

He should have been gone last year, and the year before last.

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm!"

this is the part where you tout who you want as a replacement...the grass is always greener my friend.

i've heard a few folks call for Sherman's head during the last few seasons, but nobody calls for a viable replacement...it's rash and impulsive to me. i never really wanted him in the GM spot, that's a freebie for any anti-Shemanite. we all let out a big sigh of relief after his demotion...so much so that TT was welcomed blindly regardless of the situation the hawks are in.

point is, you want Sherman gone...tell me who's contract is up after this season that's gonna put Sherman to shame in the coaching deptartment? im asking seriously, inform me if you have a serious contender in mind...and don't say Bates dammit.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually leopard, it is not off topic. 666 has a personal vendetta against Sherman which he will tout ad nauseum. You haven't been exposed to it yet but you will be.

If you are warning me that a post like the one above is unacceptable on this site, then my time here will be very short.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Actually leopard, it is not off topic. 666 has a personal vendetta against Sherman which he will tout ad nauseum. You haven't been exposed to it yet but you will be.

If you are warning me that a post like the one above is unacceptable on this site, then my time here will be very short.

Yes that was off topic there is no need for personal attacks. I agree with you that P@ck66 does seem to put down Sherman an awful lot but everybody is entitled to their own opinion. There is no place on this board for personal attacks.

Later
Leopardmech

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
DePack said:

Yes that was off topic there is no need for personal attacks. I agree with you that P@ck66 does seem to put down Sherman an awful lot but everybody is entitled to their own opinion. There is no place on this board for personal attacks.

Later
Leopardmech

Just would rather not see packer fans bashing packer fans. IMO.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
net,

do you see now, NET...?

the personal vituperative and invective hurled at me by DePack and certain others...just because they don't agree...that's what i mean by "narrow minded".....when someone's not winning the argument, or doesn't like what's being said (this is a free country still...now matter how many civil liberties the current administration is trying to take from you!), they try to throw a sucker punch and make a personal attack...a pure chickensh!t move..plain and simple.

arrow, I've suggested many coaching replacements over the years for M. Sherman....all were better...but they have now been snapped up by other teams.....(Gruden, Mooch, Parcells, Lovey, Weiss, etc..etc...)

you see, Harlan wasn't ready to admit his mistake...and now it is in TT's hands...and he can be the hatchet man at the end of the year...

i hope the Pack does well this year for Favre's sake, but if they do..most likely it will be in spite of Sherman and not because of him.....(and I feel that Sherman's squandered some golden opportunities for Favre to get another ring--because of misplaced loyalty, bone-headed decision making, inexperience, or whatever you want to call it.)

-i just don't thinks he's been the right man for the job all along....

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Wolf stuck the Packers with Ray Rhodes. Wolf corrected that mistake by sticking the Packers with Mike Sherman. :puke:

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:agree: Rhodes at the time I believed to be a good decision, but obviously in hindsight that was definitely not the case. I do believe that Wolf made good when he instated Sherman although the double hat wasn't necessarily a good idea.

Later
Leopardmech

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leapard thanks for putting me in my place. I REALLY respect your opinion. It wasn't a personal attack. I don't know 666 so how can I attack him personally. I attacked his incessant hatred for Sherman. If that's too much for you and you are an administartor for this site then block me out. If you are not an administator then spare me the lecture.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
666 give us all a break would you? Go back and read my post. It wasn't a personal attack. It was called sarcasm, unless of course, Mike Sherman really did "**** your sister and shoot your dog" in which case I offer my sincerest apology.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Sherman makes very questionable game-time decisions. Going for it on some fourth downs and not on others, playing far too conservatively when you have a team down, etc. Because of all of our passion for this team, his decisions are under severe scrutiny. Name one coach in the NFL that doesn't make some of the same bad decisions. It almost always comes down to the player. Example) If Favre doesn't throw the ball up in the air like a punt and Brian Dawkins picks it off, the Packers MAY win that game. Was that Sherman's fault? Not necessarily. I'm a huge fan of the Packers and I will support Sherman while he's in the hotseat. It's very debatable though, that's fer sure.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greta post ND.....If you live somewhere other than Wisconsin you really see this. Every time the eagles choke in the playoffs guys around here call for Andy Reid's head. It happens everywhere. The grass is always greener when it comes to head coaches in the NFL.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack...as you know, a lot of sherman bashers on the NC board thought that Reid was the greatest thing since sliced bread, well, at least until the 4th quarter of the super bowl. All have their flaws, Sherman is no exception...but as NDPF said...it seems like not enough accountability is placed on the players.

on a sidenote...finally, I've upgraded to "waterboy" :D

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
leapard thanks for putting me in my place. I REALLY respect your opinion. It wasn't a personal attack. I don't know 666 so how can I attack him personally. I attacked his incessant hatred for Sherman. If that's too much for you and you are an administartor for this site then block me out. If you are not an administator then spare me the lecture.

He's a site moderator. I would be the site admin. no need to block anyone out. Probably just a little misunderstanding in the dynamics between users. We can let this drop now.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ryan said:
leopardmech said:
DePack said:

Is that a threat DePack..or a promise?

I know it's hard for you to get it through your thick skull, but many Packer fans here find Sherman a highly questionable coach, at best..

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack was a trouble maker at the "Chronicle" and he will be a trouble maker at "PackerForum." :puke:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Opposing views are welcome. Instigation and irritation is no better than flamming. As long as he just objects and has a civil conversation on his points against, DePack is fine. If he just says things to PO people that's another story.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack and many others from the "Chronicle Forum" love to throw "sarcastic insults" when they don't agree with your opinions.

Ryan, do us all a favor and keep your eyes peeled for this type of nonsense.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan, do us all a favor and keep your eyes peeled for this type of nonsense.
Ryan and his moderators will be keeping an eye out for this type of thing. All have to remember though it takes two to fight so if someone posts something antagonizing or is just flaming there is no need to reply to it. If you feel something is inappropriate feel free to inform Ryan, arowgargantuan or myself of the post and we will look into it and take the necessary steps.
Lets all get along.

Later
Leopardmech

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan and leapard...I'm not looking to make trouble and unfortunately you can't go back and check out the NC 's past. Most of the new ex NC posters can vouch ....pack66 will post nothing but anti Sherman stuff, which is his prerogative but I believe people have a right to point this out and defend Sherman should they desire.

Stay tuned for "Steel Wheels". He won't be here in a week or so. Former NC posters will recognize him as the infamous "chase", "King Kamali" as well as a few other aliases. I'm not looking to get anyone banned and I'm sure you want to make your own evaluations so good luck.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Ryan and leapard...I'm not looking to make trouble and unfortunately you can't go back and check out the NC 's past. Most of the new ex NC posters can vouch ....pack66 will post nothing but anti Sherman stuff, which is his prerogative but I believe people have a right to point this out and defend Sherman should they desire.

Stay tuned for "Steel Wheels". He won't be here in a week or so. Former NC posters will recognize him as the infamous "chase", "King Kamali" as well as a few other aliases. I'm not looking to get anyone banned and I'm sure you want to make your own evaluations so good luck.

No worries DePack. If we need to ban anyone we will (obviously we would rather reserve that for flamming members of other teams, but I have no quams doing it to anyone that tries to ruin the flow here). And I agree with you, anyone has a right to defend sherman (or whatever other subject is being "attacked") that's what I would like to see here, points and counter points. Like I said, we (meaning myself and the other mods) just need to learn the dynamics of the new users. What people will, and won't tolerate. Another reason I implimented the post reporting feature. I think it's all good so far, so everyone, post away.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Ron Wolf stuck the Packers with Ray Rhodes. Wolf corrected that mistake by sticking the Packers with Mike Sherman. :puke:

Depack, you're on the money with your assessment. KK has resurfaced!!

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Depack, Ryan, et al...

I thought this was a forum for the free exchange of ideas, opinions, etc..about the Green Bay Packers football team?

Apparently though, it's a place where oafish louts that hide under the pseudonym such as Depack, etc., can hurl personal insults and unproven accusations when someone posts an idea or comment with which they do not agree. Then, claim innocence and state, that they're not "looking for trouble" when they go whine and cry and squeal like a pu##y to the administrators when someone puts forth an idea that their puny minds cannot handle.

But, such are the times that we live in, and you do not have to go far to see this kind of example in today's political discourse amongst the current ruling party, the complicit media, or Fox news. But to my way of thinking, it is the refuge of the bully-boy, the weak-minded, and the scoundrel....

I would prefer that the above mentioned poster keep his postings to the topic at hand, or the Green Bay Packers specifically, and not impune my good name, or attack me personally, by complaining that I may post something, from time to time, not in a positive light about Mike Sherman.

And I would request that the administrators keep in mind that this individual may be unbalanced, have an axe to grind, and not intelligent or mature enough to accept the fact that we live in a free society, and in that society, the free exchange of discourse and ideas is still one the rights that we have in this country. And if my ideas, or another poster's ideas, are offensive to an individual, it is that individual's right to refute those ideas through sane and rational discourse, instead of personal attacks, invective, and slander.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Ryan. Let's keep this forum to points and counterpoints. I fell into a little bit of this stuff with Steel Wheels and I would like to apologize to everyone including him because this is one of the only forums left that tries to keep it to football. If you don't believe me, go check out sportsline.com and the NFL message board there, it's ridiculous. Anyway, let's get back to the finer points of discussing what we all enjoy and that's PACKER FOOTBALL! :bang:

Members online