Sherman...on the ropes?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who thinks that this should be the year that Sherman HAS to produce in the playoffs, or be gone?

Just taking an informal poll here....

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a lock to get an extension. He's the fourth winningest coach in the league right now.

He also can say, correctly, that the team will be in a rebuilding mode(I think they already are there) and can say he should be judged over 2-3 years.

Packer Update says TT is convinced this team, even with Favre, won't win the S.B. this year, so he's already starting the re-tooling, which will go on next year. I see about a 75% roster turnover by the end of next season.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know net...personally, I'd like to see them keep MS, but TT has said little to nothing, it seems, to make me believe that he's got 100% faith in MS. Mind you, TT tends to be really tight lipped through the media, but still, I just get this feeling from what he's not saying.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
He's a lock to get an extension. He's the fourth winningest coach in the league right now.

He also can say, correctly, that the team will be in a rebuilding mode(I think they already are there) and can say he should be judged over 2-3 years.

Packer Update says TT is convinced this team, even with Favre, won't win the S.B. this year, so he's already starting the re-tooling, which will go on next year. I see about a 75% roster turnover by the end of next season.

net, where did you get your info on TT? I don't think the Pack will win it either. But I don't think the Queens,Seattle,Atlanta,N Carolina,Philly,Indy,Pittsburgh,NYJ, or San Diego will win it either. On the other hand, I do believe that all those teams and probably a couple I missed have some kind of decent chance, similar to where we were two years ago, to win it all. I see no reason we can't be in that position again. Our offense should be just as good or better, the same with the defense and the head coach can just coach(no GM duties) which should make him better.

If TT really feels that way, I very disappointed. :shock: :x

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe so...

but Sherman's playoff record doesn't look too impressive by comparison...

(especially losing to the Vikings in the first round)...

by the way, I think net makes that stuff up..how would he know that TT doesn't think the Packers can make it to the SB this year?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as Brett Favre is our QB, there is always that optimism hovering over our team that we could go all the way...

As long as Mike Sherman is on the sideline, there is just that deep premonition that a bad decision will be made, probably costing us a game.

This team just completely lacks a killer instinct mentality when in the playoffs, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in several winable games,

I started this thinking after we came out flat at home against the Falcons, that was almost three years ago. The loss to philly we're not even gonna talk about. And to Minnesota this year, not only were they fundamentally retarded (tackling, having someone pick up the backs on passing routes), they quit after randy moss tried to humiliate they entire team...your team's gotta be motivated, driven...have someone put that punk on the ground as he moons the fans...as i'm watching on TV, this team's gotta show me that they're intent on giving 100% towards winning the game, I never see that in the playoffs, and I blame the coach.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To once again, repeat AGAIN, say where I read it, it was at "Packer Update"..their writer was talking to a "source"....regarding Walker.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net, sorry I missed it, probably cause it was right in front of my eyes. Just was hoping to read the article.
:oops:
Thanks.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
JW04

JW084...i totally agree with you regarding Sherman...but you forgot to mention the Jet game a few years ago...that was horrendous...and it was for home-field advantage throughout the playoffs....talk about not being able to motivate your players!

Net..i saw what you posted...i just don't agree..i think, if it is true, than TT is trying to cover his ***, since he's only been here for one draft...and wants to distance himself from the Sherman era...

BUT...any team with Brett Favre on it always has a legitimate shot to go all the way....hell, he's the main reason why they've made it to the playoffs year in and year out!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the words of Gomer Pyle....surprise, surprise, surprise....the first post I read on this site from pack66 is anti-Sherman. Get used to it people.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
In the words of Gomer Pyle....surprise, surprise, surprise....the first post I read on this site from pack66 is anti-Sherman. Get used to it people.

Many people are. I guess they'd rather have Infante back?? I'll take Sherman until Bates is ready for the HC job lol

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: JW04

P@ck66 said:
JW084...i totally agree with you regarding Sherman...but you forgot to mention the Jet game a few years ago...that was horrendous...and it was for home-field advantage throughout the playoffs....talk about not being able to motivate your players!

I almost forgot about that...the Jets scored one touchdown and the team just gave up

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slick...on the NC board, pack66 tended to dwell on Sherman being the packer's achilles heel. That's fine if you think that, but sometimes it would become a bit much, which is what DePack is refering to.

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we should give him a chance to see if he can produce a better season than 10 -6, and if he can put the advantade back into homefield. Maybe if he only has the team to worry about and not the GM problems you may see a big change in the team offense.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have been "Paper Tigers" under Mike Sh

Over the past 3 seasons the Packers have run up a 32-16 regular season record under HC Sherman. Not bad for any team.

A closer examination of the facts shows the Packers were 14-4 against the NFC North, one of the weakest divisions in the NFL.

That leaves Sherman a record of 18-12 against the rest of the NFL in regular season. Tack on his 1-3 record in the playoffs over the past 3 seasons and you wind up with 19-15.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The proof will be in the pudding this year for MS as he'll solely be coach. Putting too much faith in Rossley while maintaining the dual role had its moments. I know with just focusing on the coaching role, he should do fine, but the teams direction will be directly linked to the HC. He probably feels the dotted line across the back of his neck.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winning games during the season and then bowing out at playoff time is not a lock for anyones job. Look at the Rams. They had a s**t load of talent but Mrs. Doubtfire as coach making one bad decission after another cost them dearly. :twisted:

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack

hey Depack,
i know you missed me..but..your obsession is ridiculous...

at least this forum seems to have some more "open minded" individuals on it...and not near the amount of narrow minded "homers" that the NC forum had...

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Narrow minded defined as disagreeing with you?...and open mined agreeing with you?

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
no no net net...

narrow minded in the sense of "personally attacking" someone if they have a different opinion than they have...

(ie. anyone who doesn't worship at the alter of M. Sherman is a mushy headed fool....)

hey, i understand that their are people who like Mike Sherman, but you must also understand that there are plenty of good Packer fans out there who find his competence highly questionable...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
666 what took you so long? The rgular NC posters know that Sherman ***** your sister and shot your dog. Others here will soon find out.

Gravedigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The big question is will Pack66 ever be the winner Mike Sherman is?

Also, to whom it may concern, we lost to the Jets when we were missing about 11 starters as I recall.

gbpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Who thinks that this should be the year that Sherman HAS to produce in the playoffs, or be gone?

Just taking an informal poll here....

He should have been gone last year, and the year before last.

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts